Server time: 2017-10-20, 03:23
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

Chernarus characters in Taviana?

What will you do regarding chernarus characters and Taviana?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do regarding chernarus characters and Taviana?

• I want to bring my Chernarus character to Taviana somehow.
    • I will create one character for Taviana and one for Chernarus.
    • I will abandon Chernarus completly(including the character I have there) and start a new on Taviana.
    • Other (explain in post)

Tomeran    3

So, RP2 is a go, and it will have the Taviana map.

At this rate, I suspect im not the only one fairly tired of the Chernarus map. I've seen almost every square millimeter of this map ten times over, and it only takes so long before an area looses its appeal. Chernarus is a great map, but variety is the spice of life.

Furthermore, I fully expect im not the only roleplayer around here that have grown quite attached to their characters. So therefore I might not be the only one facing the dilemma: How the heck does one bring a beloved character in Chernarus to Taviana in a way that makes sense? SHOULD it actually be done or should one just roleplay a different character in Taviana? And if so, how can one roleplay two characters at the same time(Chernarus and Taviana) in a simple way?

Now, by all reasonable accounts, Chernarus lies somewhere far in eastern europe(possible between Georgia and Ukraine somewhere). Taviana's location is confirmed to be the baltic sea however. That puts a considerable distance between the two countries, relativly speaking. Not exactly in walking distance.

However it does create a potential excuse for Tomeran, my "main" character, to travel in the exact direction of Taviana. So far I am in considerable luck due to a certain circumstance there.

So here's the deal:

I am currently CONSIDERING a roleplaying plot where several characters from Chernarus migrates from Chernarus towards the general direction of Taviana. The details of this migration would take a while to explain, but I hope you'll have some faith in me when I say that it would make sense.

Still, I'd like to know the answer from the roleplaying community to the following question before I even properly consider a plotline like this:

1: Is there a community interest in "migrating" characters from Chernarus to Taviana?

2: If the answer is "no" to question nr 1, does people simply plan to create new characters on rp2 and Taviana?

3: If the answer to question nr.2 is yes, how do you plan to manage two characters at the same time? Or do you plan to abandon Chernarus characters completly?

Another concern that might arise from this are all the chernarussian local guerilla RP that's been on the sharp rise lately. Obviously that's the kind of RP that's hard to migrate. What plans do the relevant clans and individuals have regarding this?

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

I'll be using same character.

Got outside map limits with a PBX last week.

Goz    2

I'm wondering how we can make CLF fit in..

Duh, Taviana Liberation Front ? :P

TightPants    0

1: No migrating, I want the characters to make sense. Remember Tavianna is set in 1987. Thus I will create a new character for Tavianna. Actually I all ready have one in mind and ready to be published.

2: Yes, I will create as many characters as there is RP servers.

3: Well that depends, probably going to play with both.

Tomeran    3

1: No migrating, I want the characters to make sense. Remember Tavianna is set in 1987. Thus I will create a new character for Tavianna. Actually I all ready have one in mind and ready to be published.

Taviana in ARMA2 is set in 1987. Taviana in dayZ could be, and even should be, somewhere in present time.

If there's been a massive zombie apocalypse that annihilated an entire island nation in 1987, the world would've noticed. Not to mention that it would've likely spread.

Sin    127

Mu

tRolle was just kidding about Taviana

Mu

tRolle was just kidding about Taviana

Why? It's clear that a large majority of the players want Taviana, and it's a very good map for RP. Better than Chenarus, IMO.

TightPants    0

Taviana in ARMA2 is set in 1987. Taviana in dayZ could be, and even should be, somewhere in present time.

If there's been a massive zombie apocalypse that annihilated an entire island nation in 1987, the world would've noticed. Not to mention that it would've likely spread.

Cover up, cover up and cover up.

All I want is the unified lore for all the things.

Tomeran    3

If you want unified lore, then please be reasonable. =/

*adds poll to thread*

TightPants    0

If you want unified lore, then please be reasonable. =/

*adds poll to thread*

But the distance between the two nations. Is large. So how would the travel be made and how would it fit the story?

I see no reason why we should limit ourselves to playing 1987 characters. If you want a different character, go ahead. But don't force people to.

Izaäk wants to get home. Home probably doesn't exist anymore, he has realized as much. But he's still trying to do at least something. He has acquired a boat. Now he needs to stockpile on food. I'm counting on the boat to get stolen and the effort to sail away to fail, but I doubt that's going to stop him.

He will lay low for a while though. He has recently ruined someone's trust, and he's afraid story will get around. Also, Izaäk only knows what he hears about in-game. I try not to force/stage anything. However, I was trying to steer him into the direction of Boris (Tomeran) anyway. Izaäk's one and only friend at Chernarus was called Boris, and he recently died, which was the reason he got out of his shelter.

I'm not sure where Taviana is relative to Chernarus (and the Netherlands, Izaäk's home country), but I'm sure there's a reason to go there.

Tomeran    3

It would roughly equal travelling the full lengths of Sweden or Norway or Italy.

Certainly a long journey, but not by any means impossible. Especielly by airplane or helicopter.

Hell it could even be done by foot, but it would then require a massivly strong motivation.

As for how it would fit together, see the part regarding the plot in the main post.

TightPants    0

It would roughly equal travelling the full lengths of Sweden or Norway or Italy.

Certainly a long journey, but not by any means impossible. Especielly by airplane or helicopter.

Hell it could even be done by foot, but it would then require a massivly strong motivation.

As for how it would fit together, see the part regarding the plot in the main post.

Well actually it would be bigger distance as Takistan is next to Chernarus and that makes it a geographical mess.

Well actually it would be bigger distance as Takistan is next to Chernarus and that makes it a geographical mess.

I think we should just avoid thinking about this. A lot of questions can be asked as to how people got in Chernarus and where the fuck Chernarus actually is too. But we don't, because it will only complicate things.

The most important thing is that we can roleplay in Taviana. How we get there isn't important, and what characters we're using neither.

TightPants    0

I think we should just avoid thinking about this. A lot of questions can be asked as to how people got in Chernarus and where the fuck Chernarus actually is too. But we don't, because it will only complicate things.

The most important thing is that we can roleplay in Taviana. How we get there isn't important, and what characters we're using neither.

The whole geography is a mess in ARMAverse.

Tomeran    3

Giving the thread a nudge up. Hopefully more people will post in the poll and share their thoughts.

-KG-    0

Maybe there is a way to write a script that allowes for a shared database that force-teleport you to the TP coords when switching between the servers?

This would be my choice :)

We are keen on keeping the CLF across servers. Give me 10 minutes and I can write enough justification for how we got there. I think that as long as you create a character you find entertaining to play, why would you change it? Unless you wanted a change of course.

I am however looking forward to gearing my character again in a new environment and hope that they don't have a shared database :P

Think of it like a way for you to try new things you would never do in Chernarus. Might find that you like it. That goes for everyone.

I might try not to be so nice :D

Jukki    1

I will use my character. We could rp that the plane we captured from usaf had enought fuel to get RF operatifs in taviana.

Tomeran    3

Just realized some of the poll options dont neccecerily exclude one Another. :P

Anyway there seems to be a relativly growing appeal for people to bring their chernarus character and clan to Taviana.

So I'll be going ahead with a plot and an event of sorts to give as many as possible an opportunity to do so through roleplayed interaction with each other.

It is of course strictly voluntary (duuuh), but I cant help get the feeling that for the sake of sense, there should be a broadly established -reason- as to why so many all of a sudden choose to migrate out of Chernarus and towards Taviana.

If a dozen Groups and five dozen individuals choose to do this at the same time for a dozen reasons through a dozen different ways, then it'll be...well...weird. Coincidence stretched far beyond the logical limit.

Just my line of thought on that matter.

Tomeran    3

...that would be a a hellova long trip for that Aircraft carrier.

Black sea -> Bosphorus passage -> Mediterranan -> Gibraltar -> Atlantic -> Kattegat -> Baltic sea.

An airplane or two seems much more reasonable. ;)

Sign in to follow this