Server time: 2017-10-24, 11:33
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

RP2 in the making

Rolle    2985

Hello there survivors!

First the good news: RP2 is finally in the making! Today I went on a donation shopping spree and bought parts for RP2, as well as an basic UPS to protect the servers from surges and other unwelcome electrons :)

Another good news is that the connection that the servers are being hosted on will be upgraded next week! The current network that supports max 30Mbit is now being upgraded with new hardware and new optical fiber, which will result in speeds up to 1Gbit download and upload! 1Gbit is a bit overkill for our servers, I still haven't seen the prices for the individual speeds but you can expect an upgrade to at least 100Mbit!

Now the bad news: the network upgrade described above will take place between 15th and 19th April. During these days the server, website and TeamSpeak will be unstable, may go down for the whole day or may stay on - I simply don't know. The company that's doing the upgrade only told me that there may be some "interference" during these days. Who knows what they mean.

Thankfully we now have the IRC channel instead of shoutbox, so you all will be able to stay in touch and I will be able to give you latest updates using my phone if any outages occur.

Anyhow, just wanted to inform the community about what's going on :) Here's the parts that I bought today, I'm going back now to putting it together.

2xwDn

Oh, did I mention that RP2 will host Taviana? :)

UPDATE 11/04/2013

I put the server together last night and it's running like a charm :) 1 minute overclock to 4.5GHz and idle temperature is below 40*C, great success.

I'll be connecting in the new server and UPS to the network when I get back from work (should be around 18:00 server time), so expect some downtime and ninja restarts.

UPDATE 11/04/2013

RP2 built and installed. DayZRP trio:

2ydeO

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Awesome news, thanks Rolle!

Skippy    4

Taviana fuck yeah! Can't wait to hold people up on that bridge.

Guest Fury   
Guest Fury

Awesome :D

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

Yeeees, Taviana <3

Nice work Rolle, cannot wait to get on and play :)

I want !!! How much that cost?

Can't wait to play on RP2 Taviana !

Guest Nykke   
Guest Nykke

AWWW YEAAA

Tomeran    3

Awesomesauce! Even if its Taviana, still awesomesauce!

Looking forward to RP2, will begin to prep for rp-story on the possibility of bringing characters over there right away.

Jukki    1

what cpu you got for it? 3570k?

and what is test server now hosted on?

Yay for Taviana! I still can't decide if I wanna play a copy of my current character or a different one.

Oooh! Maybe a Taviana native! That would be fun! I know the map already!

Blizzard    0

yay taviana, ill have to make a journey over there. now I just gotta figureo out how to put that in my rp journal

Cid    333

I'm really excited for Taviana. I feel that we can do a lot more with a much bigger map. Things are going to get really interesting around here!

Edit: I just happen to have the same motherboard as well for the computer I'm building. Neato.

Guest Jamie   
Guest Jamie

Shared DB?

Dont think that would work, considering places on chernarus/taviana which are not on the other you would be teleported to the ocean and such.