Caesar

Remove roadblocks from game

Remove road blocks  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Remove road blocks

• Yes
    • No

Caesar    438

I and many other have experienced the occasion when world roadblocks such as blown up vehicles do not spawn. This seems to be increasing in frequency.

I would suggest that until a solution is found the roads are cleared of these nuisances.

I am not certain why some people are voting no, it seems obvious to remove often invisible walls.......

-KG-    0

Well...i dont think they should remove all of them, maybe the ones that are known to be buggy but not all of them :)

Even though it makes extremely good sense to throw your washing machine in the street in case of a zombie infection ^^

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Just put your Objects Detail to Very High, so they'll render further.

Oldman    22

There are a couple of roadblocks that need to be removed. Guglova anyone :)

Goz    2

Objects not spawning are client sided fault. It can be fixed by changing details or tweaking some deeper Arma settings. I had same issue but some tweaks ( performance ones + video ones) set me free

Sir Hawke    28

I agree that some of them are annoying, but I don't think we should remove all of them. If your Poll was about removing "some" of them I might have voted yes! :)

Reacher    2

I would like to suggest that a general 'clean up' be made, to help with lag issues in general.

I really enjoy seeing the junk and rubbish around the place, but sometimes I think there might be a little 'too' much scattered around.

But insofar as removing roadblocks? No, I don't think it's necessary.

If you find you are ahead of loading items, a good [and simple] solution is to merely slow down to a stop, wait a few minutes, see what pops into existence and then continue on.

This generally helps things catch up, and ends up putting items in your way for quite a distance.

Guest Cadan   
Guest Cadan

The problems I get are the little barriers what spawn. They also catch me on the last second.

I think, remove the washing machines and all that random stuff.

Keep car wrecks, maybe even add more.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

I never have the problem.

Get more powerful Processor, since the objects are loaded by the client, and maybe your PC does not process them fast enough for you.

Drive slower, or get better PC

might be lag aswell -> new internet

DunnZ    0

Only problem is that not everyone can afford a better PC and sometimes you can't afford to drive slow(er) either.

I don't see why not to removing some of the junk on the road.

Powdermen    0

Only problem is that not everyone can afford a better PC and sometimes you can't afford to drive slow(er) either.

I don't see why not to removing some of the junk on the road.

Agree

-KG-    0

It has been getting worse since early stages of the mod on my side...and im pretty sure my PC is the same :P

I dont really have a problem with it since i pretty much learned where the trouble makers are located by now :P

Blizzard    0

you guys have to keep in mind alot of road blocks are not part of the mission file. its dayzs code that puts those there, so its hard to remove specific road blocks.

-KG-    0

I remember when a washing machine spawned UNDER my hilux at 110km/h and sent me flying through the air and landed on the side -.-

Powdermen    0

I don't even remember all the times I've died because my car exploding inside an Ural...

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

I don't even remember all the times junk has spawned under my car.

Oh, theres none, i either walk or use shortcuts/offroad...

Caesar    438

I never have the problem.

Get more powerful Processor, since the objects are loaded by the client, and maybe your PC does not process them fast enough for you.

Drive slower, or get better PC

might be lag aswell -> new internet

My CPU is a quad core OCed to 4GHz. I sincerely doubt it is PC related. If more specific information can be given by Goz to resolve this then that would be useful.

My GPU is also quite powerful.

Latency while possibly a factor is also unlikely as it is a new occurrence for me.

Sir Hawke    28

I remember when a washing machine spawned UNDER my hilux at 110km/h and sent me flying through the air and landed on the side -.-

Same happened to me one time in a land rover... I landed in the sea and died -_- #WorstSpaceProgramEver!

Sky    1

I like having rubble to dodge, from an RP perspective at least. Its annoying, but it makes sense. I can't say that I recall having things spawn right in front of me, but I don't spend a ton of time driving either.

Caesar    438

I like having rubble to dodge, from an RP perspective at least. Its annoying, but it makes sense. I can't say that I recall having things spawn right in front of me, but I don't spend a ton of time driving either.

From an RP perspective radomly spawning trash piles make more sense. I am amenable to removing only identified problem areas.

Borotov    0

Dayz epoch has a mechanic that they all spawn on server start and render immediately maybe that coding could be implemented?

Reptile449    0

If there's no easy fix then remove the ones that killed the most people, maybe leave some of the ones in areas where they fit (Town centers?) and don't kill anyone.