Server time: 2018-07-19, 08:02 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
JasmineFox

"Campfire" forum area for IC stories/topics/questions

I'm really new so disregard if this has been brought up before or it's a poophead idea.

A forum subcategory on this website for IC interaction, like radio chatter, but a little different.

Called "Campfire" or something along that line, It would consist of posts as if all the people interacting in said post were congregating around a campfire after a long day, and to break the silence someone brings up a topic, like "What brought you lot to X town"(All people with characters currently or recently in X town could answer what chain of events brought them there), urban legends/spooky stories based on lore and in game events, the always popular "whats the most fucked up thing you've seen?", "What do you miss most about society?", "Has anyone traveled to X?", "Whats you're favourite stabby implement?"

Although I guess you wouldn't wanna be sharing a campfire with that last guy.

I had lots of good examples but now I'm nervous that I'm actually posting about it so I forgot.

I'm sure most people don't want the forums cluttered with too many sub categories, and I agree, but I thought I'd throw my idea out there anyway instead of continuing to be a creepy lurker.

Not really sure about it.Sounds like an interesting idea but yeah as you said it may clutter the forums.

We do just have a spot named 'lore' and a spot named 'radio transmissions' for IC forum stuff. Doing any more then that would pull people from in game interaction and draw their focus to the forum. Meeting people on a forum as a substitute for IG is kinda....lame.

We do just have a spot named 'lore' and a spot named 'radio transmissions' for IC forum stuff. Doing any more then that would pull people from in game interaction and draw their focus to the forum. Meeting people on a forum as a substitute for IG is kinda....lame.

Prety much what Hex said here.

The radio section is made for the things you are bringing up. There is nothing witholding you to create something like that.

I, personally, don't feel anything for creating this new board.

Meeting people in game is a lot better. Just a dumb idea I had. Thanks for the replies though :)

Hey, just because Hex and Vandy call it 'lame' doesn't mean anything.. I can see the potential in this, and you shouldn't give up so quickly just because of a few negative replies. I've seen bad and dumb ideas and this is not one of them.

I know you don't really think its a dumb idea and "meeting people ingame is a lot better" is just not true: Text RP is much more immersive, and being a person with a lot of imagination (a curse and a gift), I don't see why this should be a lame idea at all, so this is what I think..

I think you should give it a try. It would be a nice addition to those who aren't able to play at the time (on phone, servers broken, persistence broken etc.) and like I said, there's nothing wrong with text RP, only now the reply comes a little later (who cares?).

The best thing is to just try it and perhaps note the location and time of where the campfire is, and a list of the people who are joining it in the opening post (including some rules). After a day or two (or less/more), you move the campfire to a different location and then different stories arise with different or the same people!

Why not make it even more interesting and allow bandits to come and try to rob people at the campfire? You could make rules about that as well, so stays a fair and fun forum game for everyone.

You should just go for it and make the thread.

Meeting people in game is a lot better. Just a dumb idea I had. Thanks for the replies though :)

Hey, just because Hex and Vandy call it 'lame' doesn't mean anything.. I can see the potential in this, and you shouldn't give up so quickly just because of a few negative replies. I've seen bad and dumb ideas and this is not one of them.

I know you don't really think its a dumb idea and "meeting people ingame is a lot better" is just not true: Text RP is much more immersive, and being a person with a lot of imagination (a curse and a gift), I don't see why this should be a lame idea at all, so this is what I think..

I think you should give it a try. It would be a nice addition to those who aren't able to play at the time (on phone, servers broken, persistence broken etc.) and like I said, there's nothing wrong with text RP, only now the reply comes a little later (who cares?).

The best thing is to just try it and perhaps note the location and time of where the campfire is, and a list of the people who are joining it in the opening post (including some rules). After a day or two (or less/more), you move the campfire to a different location and then different stories arise with different or the same people!

Why not make it even more interesting and allow bandits to come and try to rob people at the campfire? You could make rules about that as well, so stays a fair and fun forum game for everyone.

You should just go for it and make the thread.

I have to agree with Misty pretty solid on this. I don't really have a great deal of time to play the game as I would prefer, but I have about all the time in the world to spend on the forums. Having a place where people can still interact and build up their character seems like a pretty great idea to me. Of course I come from a history of roleplaying boards and the like, so I may be a bit biased. I however, would make great use of them, and it would be an excellent tool for helping people roleplay.

There's nothing like sharing stories around a cozy campfire.

It's definitely worth a shot and it gives all those eager to get whitelisted another chance to get started ;)

Personally with the lores/stories & radio chatter, I don't feel anymore forum area for IC interactions are needed.

-snip-

+1, i would really like something like this. It helps you build your character and could show someone something they might not be able to see in your character in-game. The radio chatter gets a bit tedious with the constant description of turning your radio on etc. so i would prefer a casual talk around a fire :D