Server time (UTC): 2020-01-21, 04:03 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

New whitelist system coming Soon™

I dont like the idea of everyone having do re do a whitelist app, but other than that it seems like a great idea.

The re-do of the whitelist I feel is a bad idea as it takes a lot of time and most people don't want to re-do it although everything else seems cool, I like the random questions idea.

Guest kyanenhost

Terrible idea with the re-application. I think with the re-doing their application, you will lose many of your current members (losing their motivation to do again, spending a lot of times for application, losing your recently joined members).

So for me it is -1. Please don't do that re-apply...

Guest get it boy

cant we do a strawpoll about it just a idea

cant we do a strawpoll about it just a idea

I think it's pretty obvious what the community thinks about the idea.

If Rolle still goes ahead then that's his call but I have a hard time seeing many people behind that decision and Rolle have always seemed fair and listened to the majority when it comes to stuff like this.

Guest Roach

I still say that people who have been away for 6+ months and/or people who have been banned (after this takes effect) should re-whitelist. You get banned, re-whitelist, you're guilty in a report, re-whitelist as punishment.

That's more than enough!

The idea of refreshing the whitelist process is fine, BUT getting everyone who is already white listed to do it again, is a TERRIBLE idea.

No, I have not read the entire thread, so please forgive me if I repeat something that has already been said:

While I appreciate the very clear problems that this whitelist system is attempting to resolve (i.e., lore issues, people who don't know the rules, people here without the skills to provide adequate RP, etc.), this system, with its retroactive re-whitelisting, is tantamount to punishment for people who have no need to be re-whitelisted.

I understand also that the whitelist system has changed, and that it may appear that there are people here that some people think need to be tested again. However, there are plenty of people like me who were whitelisted very recently, and who have - in their short time in this server - gained no warning points in the forum or been found guilty of rule breaks.

If this system is not implemented properly, you're running the risk of alienating those people. My big question is this: If this system were to be implemented, and we all need to re-whitelist, is there going to be some period of time during which people who have been whitelisted *will not be*? i.e., is gameplay going to be interrupted?

If that is the case, then I feel such an implementation is deeply wrong, and risks the server losing people who are actually worthwhile (rather than the people you're trying to weed out). I don't know about anyone else, but I worked hard on my recent whitelist app, and I'm less than thrilled to hear that less than two months in I might be forced to do it all over again without ever having done anything wrong here.

Sounds good to me Rolle, except the part that i am quoting.

I am also exploring the possibility of the new whitelist being retroactive, meaning all already whitelisted players will also have to go through it.

I dont really feel like redoing the whitelist process, i worked hard on the one i allready did.

Guest talmoon22

That should be more harder but more safer from people who wants to ruin RP

Guest Hynde

That should be more harder but more safer from people who wants to ruin RP

The original whitelisting is already too hard for me :P (failed to explain KoS group sharing rights twice)

Guest SonicTactcis

I think it's a great updated whitelist app, but for the people that are already whitelisted should stay whitelisted. Imagine everyone signing up again and the que's being huge.

Maybe in stead of making us rewhitelisting, have us take a test on the rules and if you get a certain percent determains if you should re white list or not?

A suggestion: What if only people who were found guilty in reports had to re-apply? Or if they were found guilty of a certain number of reports, or if they had a certain number of forum points? Or - in general - some other method of evidence-based determination for the need to re-whitelist.

you know how some things when you open them like can't be minimized? like you'd have to actually close it? Is there any way you could do that with those questions or maybe the whole thing? Preventing people from minimising, reading that specific rule and then answering? or something like that? idk.

anyway, if this does get implemented, I do feel it could actually be really good and thin the amount of bad apples we get in the community. however, idk about having to do the whole whitelist again?

A suggestion: What if only people who were found guilty in reports had to re-apply? Or if they were found guilty of a certain number of reports, or if they had a certain number of forum points? Or - in general - some other method of evidence-based determination for the need to re-whitelist.

This^

I can understand having people with a bad rep having to redo their application but why on earth should people who have contributed, shown a great reputation, and overall love for this community, have to go through this process? Yeah you could argue that its a means of making sure everyone is on the same page, but if you have people that have been here since the beginning, or the past 2 years, or in my case over a year, then I'd say we know what it takes and what it means to be here.

General Idea sounds good, re-whitelists sounds like a horrible idea.

This new whitelist system seems like a good idea, but I do not feel it necessary to have people that have already been accepted to go back and re-submit their whitelist app.

I've been in this community for over a year and have never received Warning Points and I've never been reported.

I was accepted on my first whitelist application and I honestly think that if I had to re-submit one under the new requirements, that I might not even do it.

i dont know if this was said before but does this mean people who are already white listed have to reapply?

Don´t really agree with re-whitelisting since this has kinda been proven already, maybe only do it to people on a certain warning level. Then we only have to fill in the steam verification.

Guest Steel2k

I like the idea of implementing Lore as part of the whitelisting process, i see nothing but good and better RP to come from this.

However, as a person who used all his 3 attempts to join this community, working on my app countless of hours, spending alot of time on forums reading through guides, contacting community helpers both on forum and teamspeak to make sure i did my research properly, the idea of having to go through that part again does not sound great.

Id like to think i earned my stay, like many others, and that the report system is what decides whether or not its time for people not to be here any longer.

A full rewhitelist for us whitelisted members wouldn't be so bad if it would be given to those who have been part of the community for about 3-4 months considering that most of the players that join around that time happened to cause problems. Not saying all those who whitelisted around this time are bad but there are/were a lot of members who didn't follow the rules, Gave poor RP, and etc around that time period.

That sounds extremely unfair for the people who didnt break any rules.

As i posted before i think the report system should be the one deciding if members already in should have their membership re-evaluated.

I like everything, less the part that i need to get into the whitelist again, i dont have any problems in doing the questions, is just the time i will be unable to play .. waiting, waiting because i'm not donator (for now) and because without any questions, this community is growing insanely!

It whoud be nice to have something like, the people already in with priority in the reviews.

Guest Zahk

I would really prefer not to re write the white list app again. Seems redundant especially for people who got white listed recently.