Server time: 2018-11-16, 08:25 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

New whitelist system coming Soon™

2. Rules

The rules part will consist of 15 randomly picked questions, 5 from each of the following categories: Community Rules, Standalone Rules and Official Lore. We will have 100+ questions in the database, so the variety of these should hopefully be enough to test everyone's understanding of the rules. Every question will have 4 possible answers.

Five questions to the central part of the Standalone Rules and each prefabricated with 4 possible answers- including the correct answer itself- seems to me much easier than formulating a text to all basic rules by yourself. I doubt that the sustainable protection of the rule understanding is more guaranteed here

compared to the current methods. I would not expect less reports after a medium and long term run. Maybe the splitted passphrase into three parts will help to counteract this simplification.

We will require all 15 questions to be answered correctly in order to proceed further (yes, we are more strict than a driving test! :D)

A few rules of the road traffic regulations in germany have changed in recent years and no one who made his driver license years before had to pass through any test again. Just saying...

I believe a modified whitelist for players already whitelisted is in order for both admins and players sanity.

Multiple choice part only. If they get that wrong the first time their whitelist is revoked until they get it right.

If that doesn't work, not whitelisted until they get it right. I don't believe a multiple choice quiz is burdensome.

This sounds to me like a reasonable compromise. A complete new whitelist application including "character background" and a section "about me" would be much exaggerated. I have to reject this proposal. I also can't see the clear point. The argumentation for the complete "re-whitelist-process" for all members...

[...]would help to freshen everyone's minds about the rules and regulations that we enforce on DayZRP as well as cleanse the community from any people that got past the old whitelist and shouldn't be here.

...is already covered by Caesar's proposal with the multiple choice quiz. Anything beyond that could be seen as "harassment". The aggregate expense for all members would not meet with the expected revenue here.

Rewhitelist?

No thank you, some of us already got whitelisted 2 years ago and dont Wanna go through the whole whitelist thing again. Perhaps if you got to Much warningpoints you need to rewhitelist ?

It´s been said already that when we moved to SA, it went a bit fast.

To all the " No thank you ". This could be considered a new game altogether. It´s already been proven that what worked in the mod does not work here due to this and that with lack of tools etc. A new whitelist is needed and it´s an opportunity to brush off and polish the rule section at the same time.

I am supporting anything that has you shape up and actually care. It´s become far to sloppy here and people use both the server and the game as a version of TS basically just to hang with their friends. This should be about RP and to promote the RP community / people. Not to make it cozy for your buds and give you a place to hang.

Rewhitelist?

No thank you, some of us already got whitelisted 2 years ago and dont Wanna go through the whole whitelist thing again. Perhaps if you got to Much warningpoints you need to rewhitelist ?

I agree, many older members don't have the time to rewhitelist and wouldn't. Maybe come up with a formula based on the amount of time you've been on the server and how much warning points/bans you have received in that time. Then decide what you feel is acceptable.

I agree, many older members don't have the time to rewhitelist and wouldn't.

Don´t have time? If you are that low on time, then sorry but perhaps don´t play until you can. The server cannot be folder around those with the least amount of time.

Rewhitelist?

I agree, many older members don't have the time to rewhitelist and wouldn't. Maybe come up with a formula based on the amount of time you've been on the server and how much warning points/bans you have received in that time. Then decide what you feel is acceptable.

If someone can not be bothered to invest an hour or so into a white-list in order to make the community they have been a part of a better place, then maybe it's best if they don't. Not being able to commit such a small amount of time for a cause which is beneficial to the overall server and community is completely selfish and shows a lack of care or ability to see the bigger picture.

Those that are seeing this as only a negative thing are being completely one sided.

Why not, instead, see this as:

• A chance to weed out bad/trolly players or those that don't care or don't know the rules?
  • To FINALLY have the SA lore enforces so everyone will be on the same page RP wise finally?
  • A chance to maybe make that new character you've always wanted to make?

There are so many positives that could come from this, and the negatives being of time commitment to a simple white list and personal pride lost are not two that I think over shadow the gains as a community and server that will be had.

About the older members not having time... C'mon, this is a video game community, we are all master procrastinators who waste countless hours already playing video games so don't tell me that your time is that invaluable ;)

Rewhitelist?

If someone can not be bothered to invest an hour or so into a white-list in order to make the community they have been a part of a better place, then maybe it's best if they don't. Not being able to commit such a small amount of time for a cause which is beneficial to the overall server and community is completely selfish and shows a lack of care or ability to see the bigger picture.

Those that are seeing this as only a negative thing are being completely one sided.

• Why not see this as:A chance to weed out bad/trolly players or those that don't care or don't know the rules?
  • Why not see this as a chance to FINALLY have the SA lore enforces so everyone will be on the same page RP wise finally?
  • Why not just look at this a chance to maybe make that new character you've always wanted to make?

There are so many positives that could come from this, and the negatives being of time commitment to a simple white list and personal pride lost are not two that I think over shadow the gains as a community and server that will be had.

About the older members not having time... C'mon, this is a video game community, we are all master procrastinators who waste countless hours already playing video games so don't tell me that your time is that invaluable ;)

I'm sorry didn't mean for it to offend you guys, I was just saying what I heard. I personally would do it if I had too.

+1 Great to see the whitelist get a bit more difficult and incorporate the lore a bit more. However, forcing old members to complete the task when we already had to show knowledge and wait and wait to pass the whitelist previously is something I am not too keen on.

I'm on the fence about being forced to re-whitelist. While I would do it if need be, I would prefer an alternative.

I have made a possible alternative suggestion here.

Im not saying this would happen to me, but what happens if someone has been a part of the community for long time fails the new rewhitelist?

• A chance to weed out bad/trolly players or those that don't care or don't know the rules?
  • To FINALLY have the SA lore enforces so everyone will be on the same page RP wise finally?

First of all: I agree that the new whitelist app would be an excellent step toward preventing any more of the problems that already exist on the server.

However, I absolutely disagree that forcing everyone to re-whitelist is a good idea. Besides the amount of work that such a thing would place on our admins - whose time I understand is volunteered; it is simply unfair and unnecessary to require a new application from those people who have already proven themselves in this server.

Finally, I think it is quite presumptuous of you to dare to tell anyone here how valuable their time is, or to attempt to define who and what they are based on the fact that we all share this pasttime.

The time I get to do exactly, and only, what I want to do is absolutely sacred to me, and I work hard to manage my time and responsibilities in such a way as to maximize my play time. I also work hard to preserve my ability to play here - by *not* breaking the rules. I am certain I am not the only one, and I would appreciate if that were rewarded with continued playtime, rather than punished by an unnecessary application that would disrupt play.

I'm on the fence about being forced to re-whitelist. While I would do it if need be, I would prefer an alternative.

I have made a possible alternative suggestion here.

You know what? I'd be more than happy to do it if it were voluntary. I don't like the school-teacher feel of being forced. Great idea man, Hope Rolle listens to you.

My response to the thread (very relevant to this one):

His responses have been less than receptive to the community so far, unfortunately. he seems to be going down the path that the more we protest, the more he is convinced he's right. It's his server, he does what he wants at the end of it all and...he really wants this.

I will re-apply. I want to be in DayZRP, I just do NOT want to see the whole community get pissed away over a petty issue like this. I've recently come from an ARMA 3 Altis Life community which used to require some real effort in the form of spamming the server to get in for a good 20 minutes or so, now not even have more than 10 people at peak times...all because they didn't listen to their community and their community voted with their feet which perpetuates a cycle - who the hell wants to log into an RP server where the chances of interacting with someone are so low?

This happened in the space of about 2-3 months. It was as strong as DayZRP having 3 servers 100-man each, now one's gone and the numbers are reduced on the others...it's sad. They hit a point of no return with it and I WANT Rolle to see that there won't be any going back if he makes a final decision in favour of it.

I am concerned about this move and this disregard for what the community wants. I think this thread features a fantastic idea and I'd do the questions anyway. I think optional is the way to go with this shit.

You know what? I'd be more than happy to do it if it were voluntary. I don't like the school-teacher feel of being forced.

Making it voluntary defeats the purpose, though. The people who would voluntarily take a quiz on the rules aren't the problem, its all the people who wouldn't that are the issue.

You know what? I'd be more than happy to do it if it were voluntary. I don't like the school-teacher feel of being forced.

Making it voluntary defeats the purpose, though. The people who would voluntarily take a quiz on the rules aren't the problem, its all the people who wouldn't that are the issue.

Could be fixed by something as simple as whitelisted slots - those who complete it are allowed in the last 10-20 slots. Those who don't aren't.

Could even be made into an automated system.

Basically there are ways around not having a mandatory mid-term for everyone.

Could be fixed by something as simple as whitelisted slots - those who complete it are allowed in the last 10-20 slots. Those who don't aren't.

Could even be made into an automated system.

Basically there are ways around not having a mandatory mid-term for everyone.

That's not a bad solution, when modding is available. But, and I am not certain of this, but I don't think private slots are a function we can currently perform.

There should not be a re-white list for anyone who is already white-listed. Everyone reads fourms and know how hard it is to get in now. Old vets from a year or two ago. Only had to write a simple 400 word application to get into DayzRP.. They heard the rumors and know how strict it is now. So its possiable thy wouldn't pass.

In the current white list, you state to write in our own words.. but yet.. if we don't touch upon every single important fact, we get rejected.

Now those of us who donated to keep the server up and running.. While making us re-whitelist is a problem and here is why.

1. (Chance at failing the new whitelist and thus of those who donated, small or large.. will lose all donations and those will be in vain) maybe you should give the money back to all those who donated?

2. ( It would cripple the admin workload. You are asking for an easier and lighter work load on admins.. But they wanted to be admins for a reason and hard work comes with that.) Forcing everyone to re-whitelist will indeed cripple the play time and force a huge wait time to get your application looked at and get in game, if you even pass the new whitelist.

Sure I understand it should be easy for those who are already whitelisted, but plase understand.. you are taking away the rights of everyone to play on the server they have already put so much time into. Nobody likes to be stolen from. We manage our day to day lives based around work/family/ and other things in our days.. and we just want to play..

Time isn't easy to come by these days.. As our race grows and continues to invent more things.. time will become demanding more then ever.

There should not be a re-white list for anyone who is already white-listed. Everyone reads fourms and know how hard it is to get in now. Old vets from a year or two ago. Only had to write a simple 400 word application to get into DayzRP.. They heard the rumors and know how strict it is now. So its possiable thy wouldn't pass.

In the current white list, you state to write in our own words.. but yet.. if we don't touch upon every single important fact, we get rejected.

Now those of us who donated to keep the server up and running.. While making us re-whitelist is a problem and here is why.

1. (Chance at failing the new whitelist and thus of those who donated, small or large.. will lose all donations and those will be in vain) maybe you should give the money back to all those who donated?

2. ( It would cripple the admin workload. You are asking for an easier and lighter work load on admins.. But they wanted to be admins for a reason and hard work comes with that.) Forcing everyone to re-whitelist will indeed cripple the play time and force a huge wait time to get your application looked at and get in game, if you even pass the new whitelist.

Sure I understand it should be easy for those who are already whitelisted, but plase understand.. you are taking away the rights of everyone to play on the server they have already put so much time into. Nobody likes to be stolen from. We manage our day to day lives based around work/family/ and other things in our days.. and we just want to play..

Time isn't easy to come by these days.. As our race grows and continues to invent more things.. time will become demanding more then ever.

I personally think refunding Donors isn't a good idea. Now I might seem in bias because I'm not a donor but the term donating implies that you're giving money out without expecting anything in return.

There are some donating benefits tacked on so people want to donate but you're not considered to be paying for it you're considered to be donating to the server. If you donated for the sole purpose of getting bumped up in the whitelist that's your fault.

I agree, many older members don't have the time to rewhitelist and wouldn't.

Don´t have time? If you are that low on time, then sorry but perhaps don´t play until you can. The server cannot be folder around those with the least amount of time.

I don't think he means that he doesn't have time it's just he has no incentive to make time.

He's whitelisted once, spent hours on it likely and now he has to go through the pain staking process again.

Sorry, but if i've already spent about 3 hours doing a whitelist, I really don't want to log on one day ready to play for an hour or so and have to spend that time writing up a new whitelist (Hell, I probably wouldn't even finish it in an hour.)

The system is good apart from making older members re-apply.

I think that older members should just do the 15 questions section, as then it saves us having to write out essays of character backgrounds again but while ensuring we still know the lore and basic rules.

Additionally, you don't need to re-whitelist to make a character, I'm not even using the character I whitelisted with.

Guest TheMonkeyMage

The people white listed wont have to reapply, will they? :/

They might have to...

*Sigh*

They might have to...

*Sigh*

Then I better wait until the new Whitelisting initiates :D

Hmm, as I recently applied and got acccepted I feel a bit contradicted. I spent some rlly cool moments on the server, but as I work during the week and my weekends are spent running around tending to administrative and family issues, its hard to find the time to write another application. Already the first one took me a good day to write, re-read and correct. It would be quite annoying to have to apply twice in the span of 2 months.

Then again, m one of the new guys, dunno how much my opinion counts ^^

Hmm, as I recently applied and got acccepted I feel a bit contradicted. I spent some rlly cool moments on the server, but as I work during the week and my weekends are spent running around tending to administrative and family issues, its hard to find the time to write another application. Already the first one took me a good day to write, re-read and correct. It would be quite annoying to have to apply twice in the span of 2 months.

Then again, m one of the new guys, dunno how much my opinion counts ^^

Every opinion should count. And I do believe it does here. I'm not sure though. I'm new here as well ^^