Sign in to follow this  
elgiri

Possible Spear

elgiri    5

What do you think about it?

If they add the spear.

I will be using it a lot :D

y2cBMyT.png

(Found this picture from image search, looks like the same on dayztv).

weedy wine    4

Would be helpful. I'm always letting myself get whacked while trying to take out my zombie targets. This could help save me from my own terrible skills if it allows to stand further away.

Spartan    997

awesome i finnaly can be a spartan!

you know what would be awesome, a improvised grenade. a roadflare+ductape+spraypaint=improvised grenade. however it would be to easy to make and there will be to much grenades around chernarus...

I have a fear that it would only be about as good as the pitchfork. The pitchfork is only good when you wanna act like an angry farmer. :(

elgiri    5

I have a fear that it would only be about as good as the pitchfork. The pitchfork is only good when you wanna act like an angry farmer. :(

I hope it will be quite powerful, i mean a spear with a sharp kitchen knife going through your body would be quite fatal IMO.

Xaeleth    0

What do you think about it?

If they add the spear.

I will be using it a lot :D

y2cBMyT.png

(Found this picture from image search, looks like the same on dayztv).

How about high damage but low range?

You seem to have that backwards, it's not exactly easy to chuck that thing accurately.

However, being poked through the chest with a kitchen knife isn't exactly easy to recover from.

I do believe that it is in development, atleast that's what I remember, I may be wrong.

elgiri    5

I did not make the picture, I just found it. But i agree with you, High damage and somewhat low, medium range.

Guest Biggie   
Guest Biggie

Seems like a nice concept, would be cool to use a sharp stone instead of the knife.

Alaric    0

It looks nice.. but they should first make machette bigger :D and then make new weapons :D

Xaeleth    0

Seems like a nice concept, would be cool to use a sharp stone instead of the knife.

Perhaps having variations simliarly to the improvised bow arrows [improvised arrows, Composite Arrows, Bone Arrows]

The spear head could be made with any knife

-Kitchen

-Steak

-Hunting

-Combat

-Bayonet perhaps?

and the improvised versions

-Stone

-Bone

If this becomes the case, which I doubt it will [at least soon], I hope that you can see the difference between puting a combat knife on a stick and a pointy stone.

Jousting tournaments ?! xD

When we get horses, why not :D

We can just sprint at each other :P We will work with what we have :D!

Snafu    4

I think there is already an improvised spear being made by Bohemia, I saw a picture somewhere....

PwnCaiks101    0

Nah, i think the crafting recipe should stay that way, but javelins should be made with a sharp stone.

Xaeleth    0

Nah, i think the crafting recipe should stay that way, but javelins should be made with a sharp stone.

Having a multitude of options when making your improvised-death-stick is way better than just one. I'd say have a variation of crafting recipies.

^ Yep, that's what I was referring to.

DocTeeth    33

Now I know its a little far fetched, but with a Sword in game and possibility for a spear now I personally think it would be cool if a combination of crafting would come about to make a forge. Example: Must have: Fire pit + __# of Stone + 2 Cooking Tripods + __# of Wood + Hammer = Forge. Then people can start making melee weapons such as swords, spears, war-hammers and a lot of tools. Again I know its a bit much but that would be pretty cool for something later down the line and aimed towards rebuilding a community.

Ashwood stick + knife + ducktape = Spear

I think that would work better since the ashwood stick is bigger and harder to break.

Vorobye    34

Now I know its a little far fetched, but with a Sword in game and possibility for a spear now I personally think it would be cool if a combination of crafting would come about to make a forge. Example: Must have: Fire pit + __# of Stone + 2 Cooking Tripods + __# of Wood + Hammer = Forge. Then people can start making melee weapons such as swords, spears, war-hammers and a lot of tools. Again I know its a bit much but that would be pretty cool for something later down the line and aimed towards rebuilding a community.

Being a blacksmith myself, I'd like to inform you that in order to make a reliable sword one needs more than what can be found in Chernarus.

It could work for bushcraft knifes and such, but it would definitely be a waste of resources in a post-apocalyptic environment.

Uhka    12

If you try to attach a kitchen knife to a stick, it might last for 1 or 2 hits and the duct tape will be ruined. In any terms of realism a item like that couldn't be used for many hits. I Suggest that you could make a primitive stone tip knife or a bone variant :)!

MatthewFC    9

I don't approve of these guys.

They're childish.

Like, really childish...

Do NOT take their word at face value, NEVER. Make your own conclussions...

But...

And I'm so regretful I have to make this exception for them...

They make a quite relevant video about the issue here:

[video=youtube]

TL;DR an improvised spear held together only by ductape wouldn't EVER hold water, and you'd probably hurt yourself with it.