Server time: 2017-08-21, 17:58

Sign in to follow this  
raaal

banditry reasons and thievery

Question

raaal    0

Earlier today I was held up by a bandit who claimed he was hungry and needed food. I told him I could give him some but he initiated on me and claimed he didn't like the food that I offered him. The RP was fine and I don't want to bash this guy for any of that, but the reasons he gave me contradicted what he took. He basically took all of my things, switched his backpack for mine, took my vest, my long range scope, ammo etc. Although, he did leave some food in his old backpack.

I get why he took my ammo, because obviously he didn't want to get shot. I would've done the same. But to take all my magazines, tools, can opener, matches, cooking equipment, hunting knife, etc. and even my vest and backpack. God knows I've been working to give my character the right look and tools to fit his lifestyle and personality, and I bet you guys can relate to this.

Is it okay for a bandit to take everything from you because he was hungry?

I kind of feel like this guy just wanted to grab some easy gear.

6 answers to this question

Stick    0

Yeah it's kinda biased, i never had this yet but i could understand it's really demotivating if some guy with a gun runs up and robs you.. Ah well....

Ghost of Levi    8

If its an straight up drop your things and run kinda deal it could be considered bad RP, as well as the fact that he "didnt like the food" if anyone offers you food when youre starving youll take anything you can get.

the reason for the robbery should make scence, if it was just for "easy gear" and an literual drop n run scenario it doesnt make scence and can be seen as bad RP.

However it is understandable if someone is looking for weeks for certain things and you have it that he wants tot take it by force, logical, id do the same if i was in an apocalypse but it should make scence and not be Ruleplay.

does this sufficiently awnswer your question?

Spartan    1019

i think it is okay that he took everything, however he must leave you with a chance of survival. so some food, some drinks maybe an axe.

when i rob someone i always leave him with one bullet and say:"if you can't take it anymore, this bullet has your name on it". basiclly i try to give him rp and take some stuff. or what also is a sollution is that the robber drops the ammo ,lets say, in a house that is a 100 meter away and says "count till 60 and then you can get your ammo back, if i see you follwing me i'll shoot you".

however comming back at your question, in my opinion he was a bit harsh to take that much but hey, it's a mean world out there

raaal    0

Yes it does. And yes, he did say "drop all your gear" even though his reason was hunger. Thanks for answering.

Ghost of Levi    8

i think it is okay that he took everything, however he must leave you with a chance of survival. so some food, some drinks maybe an axe.

Add this to what I said ( thanks Tim ) and considering you feel your question has been awnswered ill be /solving this.

If you have any more questions about this PM me or join the helpdesk.

Red    145

Is it okay for a bandit to take everything from you because he was hungry?

I kind of feel like this guy just wanted to grab some easy gear.

If you feel this to be the case, then please open up a report.

From what you're explaining the person in question is using a silly excuse to not just take what he supposedly needed but more.

In essence a made up reason.

EDIT: Sorry about my late response, had it open but customers at work kept bothering me so I posted this late.