Server time: 2017-08-23, 06:30

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Adlern

The Purge

Adlern    2

I am a bit behind when it comes to movies out there, but I have recently watched The Purge 1 and Purge 2.

And I must say I got a little inspired in the name of DayZ (probably not a good thing)!

But what do you guys think about implementing the grasp of these movies into the servers maybe once or twice a year?

Where we have a 24 hour window, where there are no rules on the server.

In my opinion its not really about the PvP part, its more about the intensity it brings.

Maybe its some kind of event the admins could throw out the day before a patch who will require a character reset anyway.

... or maybe its a bad idea, just liked the movies :)

Shanoby    36

This server does this once/twice a year already.

Whenever there is server/character wipe before a patch then Rolle usually does this.

So, it exists, you just need to wait for a wipe in future and Rolle to announce it.

Whenever there is server/character wipe before a patch then Rolle usually does this.

So, it exists, you just need to wait for a wipe in future and Rolle to announce it.

You'll find me at the pub, having a nice pipsi and waiting for it to all blow over...

DerrickStorm    34

You'll find me at the pub, having a nice pipsi and waiting for it to all blow over...

Winchester pub?

As for no-rules on the server there's no way it's gonna happen unless it's before the character wipe as said before.

Think I'll join you.

Glenn    10

This would be a terrible idea except if it would be one or two hours before a whipe.

There will be no purge because only some poeple will play in that 24 hours and it would ruin the RP for people who are not really in to mass murdering everyone they see.

Zero    285

Doesn't really fit in this server, we did this on my old Altis Life server, and it was pretty amazing. Cops were outfitted with riot gear and military trucks and drones, whilst the civilians just went rampant.

Volke    132

/moved to suggestions

-1 for me, doesn't fit our server, if you want to do this public hives are available :P

Jm Von Cat    154

It was called KOS hour back in mod, this was a one hour timeframe before a patch where all spawns were increased and the KOS rules were removed.

This was just fine IMO, due to the impending character wipe and the short event duration.

Revilo    7

this has happened a few times before, the most recent one being the end of the mods life. there was an hour (Extended to two hour i think?) Kos Event i made a thread about people discussing their kills and the event in general.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-confirmed-kills-during-kos-event

i think there are a few vids on what actually went on. but i dont think it can happen in standalone for a good while. not until it can be modded and tweaked to make RP better.

i'd love to see a Kos event myself. makes for good fun wathing people try to RP wile getting lit up. but i just cant see it happening

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

As others have pointed out, if you want the Purge, go to a PUB server. That shit is 24/7 purge. This is a RP community. We are not interested in that.

Davos    5

I like the movies, but I wouldn't last long on the servers if that was the case. Would like to watch the event less so than participate.

Bad idea, if you want to kill everything you see you should go on public servers.

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

How about no? :)

ZoCr    0

... Just go on a public server man, there you get the purge 24/7!

KoS hour is also a thing.

Basoon    15

I see a lot of people talking about just going to pub, but you all know thats not the same. The thing is, even if rules were not enforced for a bit, RP would still happen. Huge groups would role in force and wreak havoc, and it could be really cool.

I would only support this if there was a character wipe going to happen anyway, but if this were the case, it would, in my opinion, be preferable to everybody just losing all their stuff anyway without this opportunity.

Eagle    346

like most people have already said it would never work whats the point off being in a Rp community if all a sudden were supposed to drop all the rules in a for a whole day.

if you could make something more creative then taking it straight out off a film then maybe but not withe all rules removed for a day.