Server time: 2017-08-17, 21:35

Sign in to follow this  
Skyzzo14

Language spoken by friends ?

Question

Skyzzo14    1

So If I play with a friend from my country am I allowed to speak in my language with him and as soon as we meet another player switch to english ? Or do we have to speak english so other players that might follow/stalk us understand ?

9 answers to this question

While by yourselves it is alright to speak in your native tongue, however if you meet up with people you must rp in English.

Skyzzo14    1

While by yourselves it is alright to speak in your native tongue, however if you meet up with people you must rp in English.

Thanks for letting me know

Masulii    24

This is kinda tricky question and there can be varying opinions but this is my opinion on this situation:

I would first of all think, does it make sense to your character to speak other languages than English?

My character is a foreigner and he sometimes speaks his own, national language but mostly English.

I myself see nothing wrong talking different languages as it can enhance the RP in many ways but it is always good to speak English when there is somebody else around.

Spartan    987

Yes you are allowed to speak your own language with your friend, but you need to switch if you meet someone.

Also when you see someone and you start rping with him and you find out that you are from the same country, you can talk your native language with him

Guest Michael96   
Guest Michael96

Yes you are allowed to speak your own language with your friend, but you need to switch if you meet someone.

Also when you see someone and you start rping with him and you find out that you are from the same country, you can talk your native language with him

But it wouldn't make any sense if his character is from the U.S as a example and he start's speaking Romanian with his friend because that's their native language in reallife.

Spartan    987

But it wouldn't make any sense if his character is from the U.S as a example and he start's speaking Romanian with his friend because that's their native language in reallife.

Indeed but i ment that his character is for example german and his native tongue is german and he meets someone whose character also speaks german they can talk in german.

Almost every character of mine can speak german, dutch and english. But they got diffrent reason why the learned it

OP, You have received multiple responses to your question. Are you satisfied with the answers you received?

I think that we should be only allowed to speak our native language if our character is from the country we live irl.

Davos    5

I feel your question has been properly answered. The job of this community is to enjoy ourselves, if they are more comfortable roleplaying together in their native language together, and switch to English when roleplaying with others. If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? If a Russian speaks to his friend in character when no one is around, does anyone hear it? The answer is yes, but it isn't bothering anyone.

I am marking this as /Solved