Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:23
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
kleanuria

Microphone in game

Question

kleanuria    14

I have a problem of having static in game. I have a good microphone but for some reason i have background noise. Any help is much appreciated!

10 answers to this question

Ghost of Levi    8

Does this problem only occur ingame or in different programms aswell like TS or skype?

kleanuria    14

It's only an issue in game. I'm thinking that it might be because of my lap top has a built in microphone but my headset has another one. I'm not sure how to change it either cause I did not find the option in game.

Gikkel    0

It's only an issue in game. I'm thinking that it might be because of my lap top has a built in microphone but my headset has another one. I'm not sure how to change it either cause I did not find the option in game.

Go down in your toolbar, there you will find your volume slider, left klick it and take recording devices, here you should see all the microphones you have activated, see if any of them are activated at the same time, or if any of them is on "direct sound".

Ghost of Levi    8

Im asuming that your PC automaticly selects your laptops microphone over the preffered microphone.

If this is indeed the issue its really easy to fix.

Right click on your audio icon in the bottom right of the screen and select recording devices

you will than ge this screen.

ZSSWe8t.jpg

right click anywhere in the box and select disabled devices.

select the device you wish to be using ingame, right click on it and select set as default comunications device AND set as default device

kleanuria    14

Im asuming that your PC automaticly selects your laptops microphone over the preffered microphone.

If this is indeed the issue its really easy to fix.

Right click on your audio icon in the bottom right of the screen and select recording devices

you will than ge this screen.

ZSSWe8t.jpg

right click anywhere in the box and select disabled devices.

select the device you wish to be using ingame, right click on it and select set as default comunications device AND set as default device

The funny thing is, that it doesn't show me the default mic, even tho it shows the "not allowed" devices. Well I disabled a program that uses a microphone from there and I hope it's enough to fix the problem.

Ghost of Levi    8

If it doesnt work you can also force disable your laptop's mic, go to the start menu and search for Device mananger.

3s3ZpbR.jpg

Whilst being in there look for your input device in the audio in/output and disable the one you DONT want to use.

Fafnir    38

Op have you made any progress with your issue or are you still having problems?

kleanuria    14

Op have you made any progress with your issue or are you still having problems?

I'm good now. Thanks for the help people! Appreciate it a lot.

Fafnir    38

Glad it sorted now, if the problem occurs again feel free to post in here.

/Solving