Server time: 2017-10-23, 20:51
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
NickJantzen

would you like to see skills for characters?

NickJantzen    0

I would maybe like to see some type of skill system. Because in groups everyone has talents that benefit the group for example maybe there is two people who specialize in marksmanship (shooting a firearm), or one person is very good with him/her cooking and the food hi/her cook benefits your hunger more. Maybe even a skill for being a "medic" and being better at repairing injuries. I feel it would just make DayzRP groups more important to rely on each other like you would need to do in a real apocalyptic situation.

Are you referring to maybe modding a skill system in the game? (Not that it is supported yet anyways...) Got to agree that would kill the lone survivors. But this does interest me but I don't see how that could be implemented in DayZ. Like what would the skills even do?

Jm Von Cat    154

I'm my mind it would not per say "kill" the lone wolf. Make it more difficult, hell yes and it should be. Lone wolfing is hard, it is often impossible and frequently leads to death.

I don't support a skill system either way, but I figured I might as well say that.

My opinion is definitely not back in the days of warz skills ruined it completly!

DerrickStorm    34

Yeah, NOOO for skills. But sadly during browsing the devblog I stumbled upon something called Soft Skills and Character Life Span. From what I understand Soft Skills mean that if you do something more often you're better at it (like in Skyrim)

Buddy    1068

it is an interesting thought to ponder on, however i do not think it would fit very well in a sandbox game of this caliber at all

LeapinGnome    0

Yea i wasnt ever to sure what that mean by "soft skills," i figure the more of something you do such as leather crafting or cooking the better quality they are or like with butchering an animal you would have an actual chance at getting a 100% steak.

I've also heard that later on they are making can openers more important by lowing the percentages of a can opened by other items.....so maybe one could be skilled at opening a can with a sledge?

Warpshroud    0

The soft skills sound nice to me. If it where for example being able to run slightly faster if you are running all the time or have a bit less of time catching your breath afterwards.

Just my thoughts.

DerrickStorm    34

Maybe if done right it would be good. Not like in Skyrim when till the patch came you could make 100 iron daggers to be a great blacksmith :P

Nilin    10

I don't like the idea of skills in general, but I do like the concept of "soft skills" doing something over and over and potentially getting better at it.

I'm all for this! This will make your character more valuable. I would love to waste for example 5 matches and 2-3 papers/rags before i start the fire properly. I would love to cut my hand while opening can with some sharp object. I would love to get 2-3 steaks instead of 4 over 90% steaks etc etc. So like Nilin said if you will do this actions more and more you will get better at it.

Spartan    1248

I think the soft skills are great, you'll get rewarded for living longer, if you play as a hunter, over time you'll get more % steam, also people could accept you in the group for your skill set.

I would say no too. Unfortunately most up-skilling in mmorpgs requires a monotonous grind which gets very boring after awhile.

We should all just work on our speech-craft and let the rest develop naturally. :-D