Server time: 2017-08-21, 18:02

Sign in to follow this  
Hollows

[RoK] Abusing Game Mechanics / No Reason to Destroy Base / KoS

Hollows    427

Server and location: rok.dayzrp.com (Due South of the Crossroads before the King's Statue on the Northern part of the map.

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Around 00:15-00:40

Daytime or Night-time: Day

Your in game name: Draceius Ravencroft

Names of allies involved: Lord Iron, Nigel, Lord Maximus

Name/Skin of suspect/s: Lord Bergz, Lord Felix, Voodoo (Voodoo the fourm account name.)

Suspects weapon/s: Building blocks and steel halberds.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): At the very end, one trebuchet.

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Will be downloaded soon.

Detailed description of the events: This began when I was ICly selling a slave to one of the Freepants people. I was no threat, nor did I make any threats and was unarmed dragging a caveman about when he told me to leave or I'd be shot. I complied, and as I was leaving, he shot two or three crossbow bolts at me, hitting me once with the middle shot. Out of retaliation, we brought a trebuchet we made from our Siege Works to break some of his property.

While we were setting up the trebuchet, we noticed another raiding party assaulting our neighboring base, but didn't do anything to attack or assault them, and we went on with our plans. We managed to bust one of his walls down before the raiding party we saw before decided to instantly into battle mode and try to kill us. We retreated and locked up our base. They then threw javelins at us for a while before deciding to -build- wood steps to JUMP over our completely constructed stone walls.

They also didn't have a reason to attack us, them not being involved with any groups we were, and they did no RP other than try to slaughter us in a field without saying anything otherwise.

Voodoo    366

I was there but I never attacked a player or any block. I literally just stood on the wall watching what was going on.

Throughout the incident I was having a texture glitch so I stayed away and had to relog once to try and fix the problem. I was told by the people in my group they laid siege due to a member of our held captive in your gates.

Burgz    6

To start with, attacking a man's base with a trebuchet simply because he hit one of you with an arrow/or just fired them at you is against the rules.

Henry Fleepants, the man who's base you were sieging is a good friend of the Pink People and therefore a good friend of ours because we are allies with the Pink People and I personally have witnessed his good manner. We attempt to protect the kingdom and the people within it, unless they have faulted us personally, the king or our allies/friends.

You were under this protection until you began trebucheting a friend of the pink people's base on their doorstep, this is when we intervened.

^^Not like any of the above matters because there are no rules against KOSing anyway.

We then went to your base after killing one of your men and you closed the door preventing us access. We found another one of your men outside of your base and began attacking him until he ran to your base too, got inside and you then began shooting arrows/throwing spears from your roof at us.

We then destroyed a crest that was out in the open on the left side of your base which was only conquering open land. After this had destroyed we were able to build in around a 2 block radius of your base. I built a LEGIT staircase besides your wall (not minecrafting as you so wrongly quoted multiple times IG) and we climbed up it, jumping barely two blocks onto your wall.

Now that we were able to attack you because you were not hiding so high up, we done so and many lives were exchanged. Eventually we overwhelmed you with numbers and you hid in the base instead. In the confusion one of our men became trapped between the two doors you own. We began attempting to get into your base to free him because you spoke so often of 'waiting for him to starve to death' and 'waiting for him to run out of food and drink' or what-not. This meant his life was in danger.

We upped our efforts to get in, but to no avail due to your repair hammers. The entire time we were being continuously bombarded by the obscenities as shown in Warmachine's report and those that were over VON, some of the most immature behaviour I have ever witnessed or heard of in this community.

We realised there was no way of getting in and after clarifying with Conor (an admin) it was okay to use a trebuchet to save our guy, we began so. You then continued to complain about griefing and destroying your base for no reason in chat so I gave you the choice of letting him out. You didn't respond and I continued firing. Eventually we came to a halt, you let him out and we left.

End of the story.

No rules were broken other than the sheer disrespect that you showed to us.

Hollows    427

You didn't build a staircase. You used a mixture of stone and wood to build a platform so you can jump over with, which is abusing game mechanics. You couldn't take the time out of your way to RP it out, you just had to PvP. It couldn't wait, you wanted to get in and you did it your way to try and bypass the servers by dishing it out Minecraft style.

You also fail to realize that it's an RP server. KoSing IS against the rules. It states RoK AND DayZ share the same rules until RoK gets its own new set of rules. This was stated by Rolle HIMSELF. You just openly admitted on two infractions because you believe there isn't consequences up against them.

You also fail to realize that it's an RP server. KoSing IS against the rules. It states RoK AND DayZ share the same rules until RoK gets its own new set of rules.

Just for clarification, Community Rules apply not DayZ Standalone Rules.

Burgz    6

This will be my last response. There is no rule that you have to RP, and its basically impossible anyway with nearly 30 people online and global chat being the only form of communication. How you can complain about us not RPing yet have been saying what you said in the global chat is beyond me. You guys only began using the VOIP halfway through out siege to mock us out of character, I then tried to fix my VOIP and still wasn't sure if it was working because there was an amass or noise on every front.

Then I went outside, placed the trebuchet to save our guy and began firing, we then spoke of a hostage release in the chat and it was finished. The pot does simply not call the kettle black.

FYI: Minecrafting is building ludicrous structures and defying gravity due to the mechanics of the game. We built a staircase which has each step touching the ground and is classed as a legit structure.

Eagle    346
Hollows    427

I was there but I never attacked a player or any block. I literally just stood on the wall watching what was going on.

Throughout the incident I was having a texture glitch so I stayed away and had to relog once to try and fix the problem. I was told by the people in my group they laid siege due to a member of our held captive in your gates.

According to this screenshot: http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/706277591690432314/5665D4F595C0E068F4D3D2DA2988FDB655F57057/

You lied about not attacking.

Voodoo    366

According to this screenshot: http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/706277591690432314/5665D4F595C0E068F4D3D2DA2988FDB655F57057/

You lied about not attacking.

I was up on the roof with about 5+ others all in the same area when your guy jumped up and started swinging. Im guessing this image is of someone else with the delayed hit from an earlier attack as you do not see a person to represent burgz in this picture (which shows was also hit)

Eagle    346

-Snip-

That picture is taken straight after i had hit you and burgz it takes 5 sec or so for the name to go away.

Voodoo    366

Burgz has summed it all up above. The RoK Server is casual RP following Community Rules

Nowhere in these rules are abuse of game mechanics (even though the stairs were built legit and not floating as the pictures show). KoS is also not in the rules and as for no reason to attack we had plenty of reason as we saw you attacking a base of the pink peoples allies who we are also allies with and a few of the pink people were also there so we were backing them up. We chased you back to your base (across the dirt road) where spears were thrown from your walls at us and insults which became very offensive and rude.

That's all I have to say

Eagle    346

Burgz has summed it all up above. The RoK Server is casual RP following Community Rules

Nowhere in these rules are abuse of game mechanics (even though the stairs were built legit and not floating as the pictures show). KoS is also not in the rules and as for no reason to attack we had plenty of reason as we saw you attacking a base of the pink peoples allies who we are also allies with and a few of the pink people were also there so we were backing them up. We chased you back to your base (across the dirt road) where spears were thrown from your walls at us and insults which became very offensive and rude.

That's all I have to say

why did you not say that all you said was absolutely nothing and when we said miss stage had made a deal withe us and we were threw the attack you said your not apart off them what is that bs? from the last time i have seen her shes from the pink people so why offer 0 rp at all ?

Burgz    6

Can you please stick to what you're actually reporting which is abuse of game mechanics or whatever.

There's no rules against KOS, so stop talking about that, and you don't have to RP although at the time it was impossible anyway because the VOIP was broken, at least we thought it was and the side chat was being littered mostly by your ooc.

I don't know how the reports work for this, decide whether or not to go formal because it has gone on enough. You have our POVs, the rules have been clarified for you. I don't know what else there is to say.

As for the 'why did you not say that?' I assume you mean what Voodoo said about the Pink People, I'm fairly certain I did it may have been lost in the chat, or I could just be remembering saying it here.

Sign in to follow this