Server time: 2017-10-18, 07:46
Safe Zone: CLOSED

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
nambizzle

Lots of reports?

nambizzle    0

This may just be a general thought, but I was reading over the Report section and there just seems to be an influx of reports.

They mostly say KOS. Generally involving people that have joined within the past month or two. Now, I know this could possibly relate to people possibly being inexperienced with RP, still learning how to play out their characters, etc. Besides, I know that every situation is different. But I know I've said this before, but I feel like more and more people are coming here just to avoid KOS.

Just yesterday, I had a guy see me, back away about 50 yards, and then wave and run off. There were only 6 people on the server and we were in the North. That just screamed "Oh snap, another player... but I need loot, better go." to me.

Just a rant, but it seems to become increasingly more common.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Honestly, it could be a number of reasons. Personally if I am travelling alone, I always take the road less traveled. If I see someone, I am most likely going to go the other way. It is safer that way. You really can't fault a person for being cautious. TO assume that it is loot based is just that. An assumption. You have no way to know what their reasoning is.

nambizzle    0

I don't mind someone being cautious. I do the exact same thing. But I waved at him first, he backed up for about 10-15 seconds, stopped, waved, and ran off.

It was just... odd. But that wasn't the main point I was making.

People seem to have itchy trigger fingers here, which has an ever so obvious solution: Public Servers.

I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that people are trying to constantly point fingers, claim KoS and such. That's just how I see it. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm more than willing to admit when I'm wrong or accept when I am.

Nickson    7

That is the problem with a lot of new people that have joined this community because of the popularity of our community increasing. The number of streamers are increasing and this resolves in our popularity going up.

New players who have just recently joined and still have the normal DayZ somewhere in the back of their minds. Veterans will almost never run away from a conversation or even a group of people if they look right and dont seem hostile. It's just experience that builds confidence and knowing how to pick out the people to roleplay with.

New people on the server havn't developed this instinct/skill and therefor are more cautious and scared of other people. They still have the gear over RP thought of mind. Not all of them ofcourse but a lot of them have and it's only natural.

Nontheless it is frustrating to see this and spoils your roleplaying action but from a certain point of view I understand. Not that I encourage that in anyway because I hate it myself.

I play on the RP becouse of interaction. Don't really give a shit if I get robbed when i meet people. To me it is all about the story and the RP. I dont mind if i dont have top military gear and stuff like that. If i didnt want to get shot i could just go on an empty server and play there. So i dont totaly agree with the whole "avoid everyone mentality" becouse if u applied to RP that means you want to have interaction with people. Well that is my look on it so... Don't really know why you would whitelist on a RP server just so you could loot in peace

Partly agree with you however I do stand by the fact that if they feel a report is viable theN by all means however people have to be aware that false reports is a punishable offence so it can go both ways

AndreyQ    0

IMO Nickson explained it right when he said "Still got their normal dayz in the back of their minds.". When I started playing here I was all full military gear looking like a super soldier although I was a civialian.And the reason for that is because everyone I had met looked the same.But there was one thing I did right and that is to value RP over gear.I was not running around in circels too find a gorka clothing avoiding people.Over time I realised that there is no reason whatsoever for me to wear military clothing so from that day I started looking civilian.

Now the problem here is that the people who value gear over RP are most of the times new members and TBH is not their fault.After playing 1 year of looting in Dayz you can not just change someone style of play imediatelly.Not to mention that they have no example to follow.8/10 people I met look like soldiers all geared up so for someone new who sees those guys he/she will think that being all geared up and going to loot everything is normal.

People mentality will change over time.A good idea to stop this is to have people taking under their wings and show them the way.Reporting might help but new members will come every day so the reports will keep on coming.It might solve some problems here and there but in this case helping that person gear oriented improve does a lot more than reporting.

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

It's also because of how many freaking bandits there are...

This past week, every interaction I've had with people when I'm running alone has ended in attempted robberies. First two times I complied, and no RP was provided in the process. The last two times I got sick of it, and the moment I got initiated I sprinted away, circled around the guys, then killed them.

Just got tired of getting mugged in every encounter, now if I see there is a possibility of getting away before they shoot, I'll run, circle, kill.

AndreyQ    0

It's also because of how many freaking bandits there are...

I have to disagree.I really haven't seen those people called bandits.I have played for 3 months and only got robbed 5 times and that was because I was talking shit.It might be the fact that I have no visible weapong on my back, most of the times I wear a T-shirt and when people seem sketchy I just bail out before shit hits the fan.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Sorry. But its not really just 'a lot of reports'. Its certain new people who think anyone that moves is breaking the rules. Like more then half the report section is new people who can't seem to understand there was no rules broken.

I know the report section is for discussing if such happened, which is good and nice for people to learn from, but then the report turns to this:

- Veteren gets reported by newbie

- Veteren explains how it is not against rules, and so does a staff member

- Guy from March 2015 tries to tell them there both wrong

- ????

Mamba    0

There is a lot of reports, but that is because of the amount of people in the community. Many reports are put up and nothing comes from them, however it doesn't hurt to put them up.

I look at reports as a learning experience. If they are found not guilty there is usually an explanation as to why, and can be informative to the person making the report.

Cjbustuup    1

To be fair i think a lot of people come to avoid KOS, in the beginning at least. When i first saw DayZRP i thought oh yea i wont get killed by everyone but then i sent in my app and created my story. It became more than that and grew to become something special. People will learn and some will not. The only thing that divides the two is the report section. People will continue to get weeded out for their poor efforts.

Davos    5

Him acknowledging there being only six people on the servers is metagaming ;)

He could have been playing his character and in a frightened state beat feet, or had been about to log off and was finding a safe place to hide.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Most of the reports seem to be people who are rustled about dieing, and find that reporting someone is their way of showing that.

rikdree    0

I just think a lot of the people that join have the word GEAR stuck in their head, they dont want to lose it and get sour about it when they do. This is why they report people, it's a way of getting back to the guys without killing them in game. In my opinion that's a variant of metagaming.

It is easy to say people are just salty or sad they lost their gear, however it is not often the case and not all reports involve death and if rules are being broken we rather know about it and correct it to better the community and game play for others.