Server time: 2017-08-16, 15:25

Sign in to follow this  
John Dude

NLR and respawn suicide

Question

John Dude    0

Hi everyone. New here and filling in my whitelist application now. Want to make sure I'm on the right wavelength for the community before submitting my app, so 2 questions. Have searched for these but apologies if they've been addressed elsewhere.

First, I noticed that NLR details don't seem to cover the event of respawning within the restricted area. Seems like common sense, but given how thorough everything else on here is, I wanted to find this out.

Here's what I guess I would do - any comments / other ideas?

If you respawn within 1km and 90 minutes of death:

• If you can leave the area without engaging with anyone involved in your prior death, do so promptly and directly.
  • If you are sighted by characters involved in your prior death, they should have the sense to leave you to depart the area directly.
  • If players involved in your prior death do engage with you (mistakenly), switch on your brain and RP your way through it. Again, they should help this work out.

Second, and this may be related to the first one, what is the general view on respawn suiciding? It seems to be common on many servers (inc. some RP) to suicide on respawn in order to start near a desired group or location.

Personally I dislike suiciding in a matter-of-fact way for a new respawn because it breaks immersion if it is witnessed or if bambi bodies are lying around conspicuously. (Basically it's NVFL and who knows when someone's watching…) What's the common opinion on this?

Many thanks in advance for any comments and hope to play with you guys in future.

JD

9 answers to this question

Second, and this may be related to the first one, what is the general view on respawn suiciding?future.

Againest the rules falls under No value for life.

As for respawning in the area you just got to try and leave just like you said

Parahybana    0

What about switching servers to avoid the NLR? I am guessing this is not allowed but I want to be sure.

For example: If I die on S1 in Cherno but I really want to go back there to loot. Can I hop on S2 and go to Cherno?

Is the NLR seperated on every server or does the rule count on all servers?

John Dude    0

Second, and this may be related to the first one, what is the general view on respawn suiciding?future.

Againest the rules falls under No value for life.

As for respawning in the area you just got to try and leave just like you said

Thanks for answering - pretty straightforward then. Common sense applies.

Marking as solved

John Dude    0

What about switching servers to avoid the NLR? I am guessing this is not allowed but I want to be sure.

For example: If I die on S1 in Cherno but I really want to go back there to loot. Can I hop on S2 and go to Cherno?

Would be interested to hear this too. Would just stay away personally, but since NLR is essentially in place to avoid metagaming, and you can't metagame in a server you/friends haven't been playing (because you don't have any out-of-game/OOC knowledge to misapply), it's an interesting question.

I don't think NLR carries over to all servers. So if you die on one server and you switch to another you should be able to go to that area again as long as you don't switch over to the original server.

Though i could be wrong, if I am could someone please correct me.

I don't think NLR carries over to all servers. So if you die on one server and you switch to another you should be able to go to that area again as long as you don't switch over to the original server.

Though i could be wrong, if I am could someone please correct me.

I believe I read some where that its not allowed because you are basically circumventing the NLR timer...

Davos    5

If you die and end up in the same area that you were killed, switching to another server to avoid running into the people that killed you and to avoid your body is not metagaming, and is an acceptable way to continue.

The rule is in place so that you do not run into your killers and so that you cannot snatch up your gear. Because neither are on another server, this is a valid way to deal with this.

Do you feel that your questions have been answered?

John Dude    0

Do you feel that your questions have been answered?

Mine have. And I guess that clears up the last one. Thanks!