Server time: 2017-10-18, 07:47
Safe Zone: CLOSED

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Voodoo

Stepping Down

Voodoo    487

So that time has come. I’m stepping down from my place in staff to what I’d like to call an 'extended break' (not an early retirement). The thought has been there for a month and after sleeping on the thought for the 30th day running I’ve decided now’s better than ever.

I’ve been in the staff team for about 13/14 months and seen many changes over my time. From getting a message from Hofer I took on the role of CH and did a few months checking the questions and troubleshooting and helping in any way I could, I then moved into Mod for about a month until I was pushed into the now gone JGM role which for me felt like an achievement. From here I listened to the fellow GM’s and took as much advice I could, in a way a student until shortly after the dark purple GM role. Now the GM role, people may think ‘seems like its easy enough’ but the truth is its tough. Day after day checking reports making sure you get ahead of yourself, giving the right verdict and determining who should be banned is a hard thing to do. Its knackering after a while and sometimes can be stressful to the point you just need abit of time away to enjoy yourself with the game rather than always monitoring it, which is exactly what I feel I need to do. So from now on you shall see me around just enjoying the community and game (especially RoK :troll: ) rather than always thinking what needs to be done within that report section, appeal section or that GUID reset section.

Now I’m not going to individually select people out and say stuff but instead put it as a group. To the current staff team, you all do a great job with the everyday running of the community, dedicating your free time to helping, fixing and sorting every detail that you can to make the community run as smooth as possible. Maybe one day I’ll be back again but until then keep up the good work.

I leave staff now with a very old gif some may know me once using:

tumblr_m4zc0hMyHr1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

And a song:

[video=youtube]

TLDR?

I’m leaving staff and this won’t be happening:

[video=youtube]

Mamba    0

Well, never got a chance to speak to you. Hopefully this will free up some time so we can meet in game. Glad you're sticking around.

Burgz    6

ly bye, ill break through your roof and come say hello soon.

Mikachu    26

bye voodoo :(

Stagsview    624

Welcome to the vacation Club.

Seriously though Voodoo.

You are a incredible GM and one of the best GM's we have had on our team. IMO a soon to be admin but as we both talked over with each other, you got tired after standalone.

I truly hope you rejoin the staff ranks one day.

In the meantime here's a mojito you deserved this break.

Mojito.jpg

Terra    1449

You did an awesome and great job Voodoo. I will miss you alot.

giphy.gif

<3

Hofer    20

Another one of my students gone. Sad :(

Owen    14

Sad to see you go. Hope you come back one day.

Burgz    6

Another one of my students gone. Sad :(

must be something wrong with your teaching methods senpai.

none of them have overthrown rolle yet...

Red    241

Wow, did not expect this to happen...

Enjoy your break Voodoo, hope to see you join us again soon :)

Masulii    25

:( Sad to see you go Voodoo o7

All the best for you and hope to see you some day again as a staff member <3

Buddy    1063

I hope you enjoy your well deserved time off! I understand that a great deal of work is done by staff behind the curtains that we all don't even see... So give yourself a good pat on the back ;)

Thank you for your dedication and service! o7

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Thanks for all the hard work you have done for this community ! Enjoy your break !

Take care of yourself Voods and good luck with real life <3

Samaritan    343

Peace out Voodoo...fantastic member of staff. Thanks for all your hard work. Enjoy your break and see you on the flip side!

o7

Chris    63

Never got to work with you much (*shakes fist at timezones*), but your verdicts and forum demeanor were always top notch. Thank you for your good work as staff!

Welcome to the vacation club

Wait there is a club can I go to the club are there ladies at the club does the club do bonus damage versus undead?