Server time: 2017-10-23, 17:06
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
EddyKreys

AMD Drivers Reset

Question

EddyKreys    0

Hi,

I got a bit of a problem with my DayZ. Basically, every time I launch the game, my PC starts making a lot of noise, much more than usual. The game boots fine, I browse through the menus and start playing.

But randomly, after about 5 to 20 minutes the screen turns black and a message pops up "Your AMD drivers have been reset" or something like that. At this point, the only thing I can do is to Alt+Tab out and force the game to close.

It's not a big deal, but it happens every time. And sometimes it happened during RP situations. I don't want to seem like a combat logger, that's all.

My graphics card is the Radeon R9 270x, I checked and all the drivers are updated.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

9 answers to this question

Guest Strahil   
Guest Strahil

Make sure nothing on your system is overclocked. Your computer gets loud because the load on the CPU/GPU increases and it needs to keep it's temperatures low. If your system is dirty it will get very hot and might cause fps drops and other errors. So monitor your system's temperatures and make sure that isn't the cause of this.

Make sure your game resolution and rendering resolution are the same are your screens resolution.

Run the game as administrator and also try changing the compatibility around to see if that makes any difference.

If you have launch options, delete them. All you need is -noPause -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

Anything else won't make a performance increase, if anything decrease performance.

If nothing works then try re-installing the game. Hope this helps.

EddyKreys    0

snip

Thanks for the tips.

None of my components is overclocked. The funny thing is that my PC can handle much more GPU-demanding games, such as Evolve and AW with no problems. It's just DayZ that resets for some reasons.

I checked both the resolution and the launch options as you suggested but it still resetting each time.

I think I'll just have to deal with it.

Guest Strahil   
Guest Strahil

snip

Thanks for the tips.

None of my components is overclocked. The funny thing is that my PC can handle much more GPU-demanding games, such as Evolve and AW with no problems. It's just DayZ that resets for some reasons.

I checked both the resolution and the launch options as you suggested but it still resetting each time.

I think I'll just have to deal with it.

Hopefully a future AMD Driver update will resolve your issue. Google isn't helping me here so it must be something in your system causing this. Nobody else seems to be having this issue.

Josh    37

Hiya there! I found this youtube video regarding your issue!

Hopefully this helps.

EddyKreys    0

Hiya there! I found this youtube video regarding your issue!

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks!

Actually some people in the comments had the same issues and they all ended up contacting AMD support in order to have the graphics cards replaced. But there's one guy that says that if you just downgrade the drivers to an earlier version it may work.

As soon as the servers are back online, I'm going to try if it's working.

Fafnir    38

As soon as the servers are back online, I'm going to try if it's working.

Let us know if this helped or if the problems continues when you get a chance to test it out.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Make sure you check your temp setting as well. It sounds like a protection feature is shutting the GPU off to prevent damage. I would recommend cleaning your card and case if you haven't. That can help mange temps a little bit better. Monitoring temps is always a important thing.

EddyKreys    0

I tried literally everything but it is still not working. And it happens only on DayZ.

I think i'm just going to contact the AMD customer support, and see what they say.

Thanks everyone for the help. You can mark this as /solved.

Fafnir    38

Marking as solved, post here if you still can't find a solution or do find one and want others to know.

/Solving