Server time: 2017-10-16, 21:58
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
King Box

Playing as a child

King Box    0

Children wouldn't have been totally killed so it is logical that there would still be a few left, but what would you think in a role-play scenario? Do you think it is to risky if you were to raise the pitch of your voice to sound younger, seeing that people may dismiss you as a kid completely and report you? or do you think if done right it could give some interesting rp?

EDIT: changed would to wouldn't. Sorry about that, typed too fast

Bryce_    1

It COULD give some interesting RP. The only flaws I see with it is yes, people reporting you and two, your character's height. The first one is an easy fix, if your reported just show the staff your ID and your good to go, the second one you can't do much about. Maybe find some RP reason for it or maybe people will play it off as if your shorter?

King Box    0

It COULD give some interesting RP. The only flaws I see with it is yes, people reporting you and two, your character's height. The first one is an easy fix, if your reported just show the staff your ID and your good to go, the second one you can't do much about. Maybe find some RP reason for it or maybe people will play it off as if your shorter?

You could always crouch, but then that limits your melee abilities as well as stamina

Snafu    4

I met a girl on the prison island, I think she was called Dora. Her supposed father had made a letter saying she was 16 but had some disorder (forgot the name of it) where she thought she was still a little girl. You could do something similar. She carried a teddy bear and she was pretty nervous around strangers.

King Box    0

To role-play as I child, many people in the past used text RP which I believe is your only safest bet.

Yah, seems logical, the only problem i have is that it then takes faster to respond to people, which is always bad if your getting robbed and need to respond

Bryce_    1

You could always crouch, but then that limits your melee abilities as well as stamina

That's true, only issue I see is that your character may be too short for say, a 10 year old. I forget though how tall your character is when crouched. I wouldn't play say, a 5 year old though or anywhere in that range. You'd have to play the role EXTREMELY well to not come off as trollish or bad, and even then, it still might seem a bit trollish. IMO the only person who could successfully roleplay a 5 year old is an actual 5 year old.

King Box    0

That's true, only issue I see is that your character may be too short for say, a 10 year old. I forget though how tall your character is when crouched. I wouldn't play say, a 5 year old though or anywhere in that range. You'd have to play the role EXTREMELY well to not come off as trollish or bad, and even then, it still might seem a bit trollish. IMO the only person who could successfully roleplay a 5 year old is an actual 5 year old.

Yeah true, but given they are't mature they would probably mess it up somewhere along the lines, unless of course they were a bit smarter and took rp seriously, which would be interesting, but we'll never see that because of the age req.

But the requirement serves for a purpose so i'm not complaining.

Volke    131

I currently play a 22 year old child with a mental capacity of an 8 year old. For IC specific reasons I use a "child voice" and only use my regular voice when upset. I have not been reported for trolling/bad rp, it all depends on how you do it. I originally tried to rp a 9 year old child but the avatar was too immersion breaking for me personally. It is certainly possible as long as it is serious RP :)

Xaeleth    0

Well, I have an alter ego that is a child. My character has Dissociative Identity Disroder, so it's not like he turns into a child, just his capacity and mind-set turns to that of a child. No reports yet, I get a teddy bear while my squad explains to onlookers of my condition. They are sketched out, I turn back and ask why everybody is so spooked as well as who thought it was so funny to stuff fucking toys into my travel back. It can lead to some pretty interesting turn abouts. I think I'll do it the next time I get held up, see if tough bandits that can talk shit to men they are robbing are capable of leaving a child mentality out to die. I don't turn back until I get the bear.

Jm Von Cat    154

One of my characters at present is sixteen years old. When people comment on my size I tell em I was a farmer (He actually is) People have tried to pick him apart but meh, I think 16 is fine. Any younger though I personally think is pushing it.

Melvin    84

It's entirely possible but you got to get the guys you are roleplaying with on the right page too!

SatansNightOut    105

Children would have been totally killed

But... but....

walkingdeadseasontwo_clementinefacecloseup.jpg

:)

This would create some interesting rp but like others have said, it wouldn't make sense due to the hoggy of your character :)

Dustin    0

Their are few people who play here who sound 12, no way their 16+. Your imagination will only take you so far if you have a guy who looks older but sounds like a 12 year old, but 16 is usually a mature age and still is a kid but in the apocalypse considered a man..?

Personally for me has to be done right as makes no sense IC to be a 9 year old thats 6ft tall and it breaks the immersion however people like Volke for arguments sake RP's a child type character well but also explains why hes so tall and so on.

Davos    5

It does break immersion, I will agree to that. Perhaps if they could change the character models, because I think it would be fun to meet a few younger folks surviving, or some of the younger members could play characters around their age. Sadly I can't do it anymore.

King Box    0

It does break immersion, I will agree to that. Perhaps if they could change the character models, because I think it would be fun to meet a few younger folks surviving, or some of the younger members could play characters around their age. Sadly I can't do it anymore.

I actually suggested that on the steam forums, but hey if they don't do it then there is always modding ;)

Davos    5

I actually suggested that on the steam forums, but hey if they don't do it then there is always modding ;)

Down the road for sure. I will be looking forward to see what the dev team comes up with.

Gikkel    0

we met a chick on NW once, she where playing a i think 17 year old, she did a pretty good job, until she decide to take a pop shot at one of us for insulting her, ahhhh good times....

[video=youtube]

Davos    5

Children would have been totally killed

Tell it to this guy robbing Mad Max in the "Beyond Thunderdome"!

YDGjDqA.png

On a sidenote, thank you. I have not seen this movie in ages, and I was under the impression I had imagined that village in a dream at some point.