Server time: 2017-08-16, 23:52

Sign in to follow this  
stedmatron

not finding any servers

Question

stedmatron    2

Hi guys, for the last week or so I've been having trouble finding any servers (I can't!). That is all servers on dayz standalone, not specifically the rp ones. Having scoured the internet for possible fixes to no avail i thought I'd ask if anyone here could help as I really want some rp, particularly as I had been enjoying the server so much before this. I know there is a work around by joining the servers through a friend on steam but as the dayzrp servers for my region (1/3) are nearly always full when I want to play and this is a much slower way of joining this makes getting in virtually impossible. To ensure no one suggests something I have already tried needlessly, these are the fixes I have attempted: 1) Disable firewall 2) multiple restarts of PC and dayz 3) alter ping filter to allow higher ping servers to appear (I set it as high as possible) 4) Verify integrity of game cache through steam.

I don't know what else to try so hopefully someone can help so I can get my character (Asha Khan) back in action!

Thanks in advance for any help!

7 answers to this question

Guest Strahil   
Guest Strahil

It's a known issue with Steam and it's connection. Try running your computer in Safe Mode and try to play the game that way. Try disabling your anti-virus and firewall temporarily just in case something is blocking the connection.

stedmatron    2

Thanks, I will try that tonight and get back to you. Another thing I should add is that I have tried on my laptop and that found servers however I don't want to play on it as it doesn't have the specs to run it properly. Therefore I presume it cannot be an ISP issue.

I would suggest trying to connect via remote connect, you do that by clicking on remote when you go into "change server" and then you simply put in the IP and port of the server you want to play on and then you should be able to find them.

stedmatron    2

Hi guys thanks for the advice. Unfortunately no luck, in safe mode I cannot run dayz as it says I have 'failed' to install battleye (which I must already have as I have played dayz for over a year with no battleye problems). As for remote access I have tried but I still get a blank server list. Thanks for trying, hopefully someone else knows a fix...

stedmatron    2

Thanks for your help, I found a fix to this on the Bohemia support site. This can now be marked solved :) I can link anyone to the site if anyone needs to fix this in future, just pm me :)

Glenn    10

Good you got it figured out.

/Solved