Server time: 2017-10-18, 02:17
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Jezza27

Bleached Food

Question

Jezza27    14

My friend and I had talked about this and I wanted to see if it was against the rules or not.

If someone asks you if you have food, and you are willing to give them some food, are we allowed to pour bleach on it and give it to them without saying that bleach is on it?

23 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

No.

Thats RDM.

Brad    158

My friend and I had talked about this and I wanted to see if it was against the rules or not.

If someone asks you if you have food, and you are willing to give them some food, are we allowed to pour bleach on it and give it to them without saying that bleach is on it?

Yeah potential RDM forsure as Vittoria said and also powergaming as stated in the rules:

Do not force any permanent status effect on other characters without explicit permission. This includes forcing them to eat human meat, scarring them in a visible place, removing body parts or otherwise permanently harming them.

Now, if you are willing to give them food why would you then poison the food? Yes I know, there are many psychotic people in the world that do things like this but what would be the reason.

How would you pour bleach on it in front of them with out them noticing?

Also, bleach has a pretty obvious smell that I assume most people know.

Conor    254

What would your in-character reasoning be for handing out food soaked in bleach?

alexnedea    0

What would your in-character reasoning be for handing out food soaked in bleach?

If he has IC reason, like let's say that guy he wants to kill robbed him an hour ago, can he like pretend he is somebody else with a mask on his face and pour bleach on it? I mean it's not forcing someone to eat it, you don't force feed him, and besides you could do that IRL

Sin    127

Obviously because the point of this game is to be as big of a douchebag as you can possibly be and ruin the fun for as many people as you possibly can! Isn't that what fun is made of? FFS

and besides you could do that IRL

Do you even know what bleach is?

alexnedea    0

Obviously because the point of this game is to be as big of a douchebag as you can possibly be and ruin the fun for as many people as you possibly can! Isn't that what fun is made of? FFS

Yeah i do, it's toilet cleaner essentially xD

Valkerion    0

Its that why we play here at DayZ Rekt People?

Toska    0

If he has IC reason, like let's say that guy he wants to kill robbed him an hour ago, can he like pretend he is somebody else with a mask on his face and pour bleach on it? I mean it's not forcing someone to eat it, you don't force feed him, and besides you could do that IRL

This is a different scenario than what was described in the OP.

If you have KoS rights on the person, then you are allowed to do it, because you have revenge rights on that specific person within 2 hours after the hostile actions has been commited against you. However, these rights only apply for this 2 hour timeframe.

To sum it up and to give a definite answer:

it's a grey area and therefore it is not recommended to be done.

I will mark this as solved as you have received a proper answer to your question.

/solved

Husky    0

Actually it's used to whitten stuff like clothes and is very very poisonous.

Sin    127

If you've ever used it, you've surely noticed the distinct odor it produces? That odor translates into taste and there's also an unusual, vaguely slick feel to the substance. The short story is that there is NO WAY ON EARTH that anyone would ever consume enough bleach by way of tainted food to make themselves sick, much less die from it.

alexnedea    0

If you've ever used it, you've surely noticed the distinct odor it produces? That odor translates into taste and there's also an unusual, vaguely slick feel to the substance. The short story is that there is NO WAY ON EARTH that anyone would ever consume enough bleach by way of tainted food to make themselves sick, much less die from it.

Makes sense i guess..

The Gent    0

I like the answer that if you have KOS rights, you can...that is an awesomely inventive way to take revenge - is that the official answer?

Sin    127

I like the answer that if you have KOS rights, you can...that is an awesomely inventive way to take revenge - is that the official answer?

Have you read the thread?

It's a stupid idea. Your victim would smell the bleach before the food reached his mouth. If he did happen to take a bite out of it, he'd spit it out immediately and take no harm aside from a foul taste in his mouth and perhaps a chemical burn.

It's not technically against the rules, but it beggars the imagination how someone could be so stupid as to eat food that is clearly tainted with bleach. So no. Please stahp.

Guest Jeff   
Guest Jeff

For one. The sickness could kill the player. For two, you could see (enough bleach to actually kill/make you sick) that much bleach on a food item.. So due to game issues they couldn't know this. Which makes it appear as a totally normal "item".

No.

Sin    127

I hear it's good to mix with ammonia =P

LOL, i actually did this once when I was 16 on my first job. Was preparing a mop bucket. Kids - this is a very bad idea.

I hear it's good to mix with ammonia =P

LOL, i actually did this once when I was 16 on my first job. Was preparing a mop bucket. Kids - this is a very bad idea.

Yeah my boss found me passed out on the bathroom floor once with a mop in my hand. Mustard gas hits hard ma friend

The Gent    0

Have you read the thread?

It's a stupid idea. Your victim would smell the bleach before the food reached his mouth. If he did happen to take a bite out of it, he'd spit it out immediately and take no harm aside from a foul taste in his mouth and perhaps a chemical burn.

It's not technically against the rules, but it beggars the imagination how someone could be so stupid as to eat food that is clearly tainted with bleach. So no. Please stahp.

You could afford to be a bit less rude/confrontational, friend.

Yes I have read the thread, in which a moderator stated that you can use it if you have KOS rights.

As for not tasting the bleach...have you heard of tripe?

Sin    127

Yeah, I could, but I'm a tired and sometimes grumpy old man who doesn't much care what people think of him anymore. That said, I appreciate a fellow who stands up for himself and what he believes in. *respectfully tips hat at The Gent*

Yes I have read the thread, in which a moderator stated that you can use it if you have KOS rights.

'K, my mistake. Seemed as though you might have skipped some posts. Moderators get things wrong from time to time, but yeah, in this case he was right; you can do it if you have KoS rights. My argument was that the larger point was that doing this is on the verge of powergaming. "I douse the sandwich with bleach, but you don't notice it and start to eat it." Doesn't make sense.

Heard of, never tried. Also heard that it can be prepared in such a way that it doesn't smell (much). No experience with it either way though.

Brad    158

Actually the moderators official stance was this:

"To sum it up and to give a definite answer:

it's a grey area and therefore it is not recommended to be done.

I will mark this as solved as you have received a proper answer to your question."

The Gent    0

Yeah, I could, but I'm a tired and sometimes grumpy old man who doesn't much care what people think of him anymore. That said, I appreciate a fellow who stands up for himself and what he believes in. *respectfully tips hat at The Gent*

'K, my mistake. Seemed as though you might have skipped some posts. Moderators get things wrong from time to time, but yeah, in this case he was right; you can do it if you have KoS rights. My argument was that the larger point was that doing this is on the verge of powergaming. "I douse the sandwich with bleach, but you don't notice it and start to eat it." Doesn't make sense.

Heard of, never tried. Also heard that it can be prepared in such a way that it doesn't smell (much). No experience with it either way though.

I do see your point about powergaming...but with the absence of scentless poisons, I would feel it was a reasonable thing to do, provided it was properly executed and justified - I just feel it's so much more RP than gunning someone down with your KOS rights - sneakily poisoning them with food they stole from you.

And also, I mean they only need find charcoal tabs to fix the issue, so it's not technically a permanent status effect - it can be cured by charcoal tabs, found in medical areas and jailhouse buildings.

You could even go as far as to have a "poisoned" item in your bag (the most tempting I suppose - pristine peaches?) and just let them take it if they hold you up.