Server time: 2017-08-22, 09:07

Sign in to follow this  
Promithes

S2-Perpetual Darkness

Question

Promithes    0

Not sure where this post would go so i put it in General.

I don't know if it is just me but everytime I have logged on to S2 over the last week or so it has been night time. I understand that the server restarts every 4 hours however it seems weird to me that the server would ALWAYS be at night.

20 answers to this question

It's probably set to night as since the servers always restart they never get the chance to go to night.

Basoon    15

The time in servers always starts over with resets, if they all were set to the same time there would never be night.

Promithes    0

basoon i get they cant be set at the same time however it doesnt make sense to have the american servers set to night time when it is the middle of the afternoon. Secondly no server should be the designated night server. I live in Southern Ontario the best server for me to connect to is S2 however every time I have logged on to it in the past week and a bit the server has been set to night time, forcing me to hop on to the west coast server in order to scavenge and look for loot. This leads to lag issues and gun glitching which breaks immersion.

I honestly wish it was possible for each server to have a 4 hour day/night cycle (changed with restart). This way imagine when persistence is added and you've got a farm and camp; you'll be able to guard your crops at night and sit by a camp fire and during the day go hunting or plant more, or just roam around meeting people.

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]As the servers restart every 4 hours it would be nice that every four hour periods were a 1/4 of a day. And because the 6 hours would be compressed to 4h it would be pretty realistic (day and night wouldn't be too short) and because of 24 hours compressed to 16h even if you would play let's say from 1600 to 1900 server time each day it wouldn't always be only day or only night.

Yeah this is the same as s3 but with constant rain and showers

Zero    280

I don't understand WHY we don't just have it to where the sun comes up in thirty minutes or maybe after two hours or something. That's the way it SHOULD be imo, or vice versa. Two hours of sun, two hours of moonlit campfire stories.

I remember last weekend when they had it like this, why they changed it back to this is beyond me. It's actually kind of irritating. :/

Elias Kane    0

I made a post regarding this recently.. (http://www.dayzrp.com/t-day-night-cycles)

Apparently if we go into the Team Speak and sit in the waiting for admin help room. We can request that the server be turned back to Day time. I certainly don't agree with Server 2 being Designated Night server. As the above mentioned, playing in the US The best two servers to optimize play are Servers 2, and 4. Now, i do not have a problem playing with night. But For those of us with lower end pc's The graphics look quite dull and it's less immersion to play night time every time you go play DayZ, Especially when it's the middle of the day where you are in Rl.. Just feels weird.. I've been playing on S3 without TOO much high ping or lag thankfully. So it has not been Much of an issue as of late. But i would love to See, if there is going to be one server constantly night time, is to cycle them through the 4 servers every few days or something. That way each server gets the night, and one that might be preferred by players won't constantly be set to it..

Oyface    309

I, for one, am glad that we have a nighttime server. No better setting for some good ol' spooky roleplay. :P

I would love to see s1 or s3 to set on constant night sometimes... :)

zoyo    66

I think having it nighttime adds a different element to the way people act, but at the same time I miss the daytime. I think it would be nice if they set up the server so it would start in daytime after a restart and be nighttime for the last 1-2 hours? 2 hours of light, 1 hour of sun set, and 2 hours of darkness.

Xaeleth    0

Server 2 is my go-to when I want some nighttime roleplay. I don't really know why it's like that, but it seems to be set to a different time than the other servers when it restarts. Never underestimate nighttime RP. Gas Lamps, those weapon flashlights you enver use, head lights, chem lights, camp fires.

....I wonder when we are getting thigns like candles or lighters that we can hold in our hand to create a nice dim light. That would be awesome. Wouldn't work in rain, obviously, and it might go out if it is windy or there are not buildings/walls around you to protect the precious flame from the elements. Would be usable to light fires as well.

That's it, we need lighters NOW!

Promithes    0

I'm not opposed to having a full night server however it should be a new server instead of replacing one of the current servers. (Little cheesed right now btW) I was on S4 and walking around the boat when i hit a lag spike and my character decided that he didnt need his legs to work anymore and runs off the top of the boat. While i understand lag is part of an online game i had never had a problem like that while S2 was still a daytime server.

Sensaburu    0

My ping goes through the metaphorical roof when I play on s2 or s4, so i would love to see s1 or s3 switch to night. Nothin better than running through the forest at night and jump scare at every second tree coz I mistook it for a player/zombie/satan.

Promithes    0

A possible solution could be a EU night server separate from the current servers, and a night server for the Americas again separate from the current servers. That way if you wanted to play night you could and it wouldn't effect current servers.

/moved to Questions

It seems that there has been multiple satisfactory answers to this thread. /solving