Server time: 2017-10-23, 09:58
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
kangaroobill

Character Jobs/Professions

I was wondering what jobs/professions you give to your character to provide some interesting roleplay. Personally I am trying to find a job that affects my characters actions and skills but haven't found anything yet. I'm looking for interesting jobs(not Ex-cop, cop, soldier, doctor) like someone in a administrative job would be very organised and always try to regulate people.. What interesting professions have you used in the past that effect your characters behavior?

RubyRed    0

Uh my character is bound to her brother, who was a survivor in a TVshow. She did the camerawork while he taught people the basics of surviving. So she knows some things, but just from watching. I should add that the TVshow wasnt a hit. Barley anyone watched it.

Brad    158

my character may or may not have been a bank robber, so he's pretty prepared for the bandit life, but oddly enough has yet to hold anyone up in Chenarus. He was also a line cook so he can grill a good cow steak :)

my character may or may not have been a bank robber, so he's pretty prepared for the bandit life, but oddly enough has yet to hold anyone up in Chenarus. He was also a line cook so he can grill a good cow steak :)

I've played the friendly type for my last few characters and want to try out the bandit playstyle but am looking for an interesting profession. Bank Robber sounds pretty cool, also the sort of underdog gangster may be quite a good one since my character is quite young.

Nicholas    0

He was a student on a trip with his class that was studying foreign/Eastern European culture. Forced to watch his friends get eaten and constantly betrayed, he stayed in chernogorsk for many weeks and months. He was going to die there too until a certain stranger took him in.

- snip -

Yeah, i feel like the student background is interesting because it should sort of change depending on what they were studying/interested in.

Basoon    15

My guy was a preacher, so he is always ready to denounce the maker and hand out food and bibles to those he meets.

Brad    158

I've played the friendly type for my last few characters and want to try out the bandit playstyle but am looking for an interesting profession. Bank Robber sounds pretty cool, also the sort of underdog gangster may be quite a good one since my character is quite young.

I have an alternate character that is a con artist which can be a lot of fun because he chooses to give people a false name and profession quite frequently.

Spartan    1240

My character stole a couple expensive paintings and fled to chernarus because chernarus doesn't exchange prisoners. My character is very good in sneaking because of this

My character stole a couple expensive paintings and fled to chernarus because chernarus doesn't exchange prisoners. My character is very good in sneaking because of this

Yeah my previous character also smuggled goods, like antique swords, paintings, sculptures, jewelry to Chernarus because he was a fence. He was more of the charismatic guy with connections though, not very sneaky and didn't know how to use weapons.

Maybe a reporter or radio talkshow host or something where you just want to hear everyone's story and tell them to others could be interesting. Or maybe a writer deciding to compile peoples stories into a book about the end of the world, be creative and have fun with it.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

None. Too young to have professions(17-18)

Only two characters I've made had jobs;

My first char was a nurse

And my Felix Character was a construction worker(who was inprisoned in Chernarus for biting a police officers ear off while intoxicated)

Connvexus    36

My current character is a Biochemist, but as the never ending criticism of a Scientist shouldn't know how to use a gun (Like being a scientist means I have to be feeble and weak and the ability to pick up a gun and use it/learn how too is impossible) I'm thinking of changing it, no idea what to next I'm afraid.

Guest Joe   
Guest Joe

my character is an ex military man who's wife got eaten by a cannibal then later on he ate the cannibal and lives the rest of his life as a cannibal farmer...

Robodanjal    0

Electrical and Communications Engineer. Was working on the national stadium in Sochi when things getting a bit odd. Was asked by his friend to come to Elektro to help maintain the power systems but then things really went south.

Davos    5

Well I am a previous postal courier for Chernarus, and I have since reestablished a postal service so that packages, mail, and general communications can bring us all closer together.

My other character is a civil engineer and was the manager for the Costal Road project after the civil war. So every time you get a letter or walk down the coast via the road, it's thanks to me ;)

I'm a drug dealer, need that money to pimp my V3S.

you will have to wait until they add the car pimping feature

My character was a Chedaki, but when her side lost the war, she became a cashier.

So, she knows how to deal with people, somewhat? Lying skills have also developed due to people thinking her face is familiar.

Well I am a previous postal courier for Chernarus, and I have since reestablished a postal service so that packages, mail, and general communications can bring us all closer together.

I really like the postman idea, must make for some really fun rp, I read a group thread with similar interests :D

Davos    5

I really like the postman idea, must make for some really fun rp, I read a group thread with similar interests :D

Who's the group? I knew there were guys back from the MOD days, but if other people are trying to form this, it would be neat to work together or have a professional rivalry.

Who's the group? I knew there were guys back from the MOD days, but if other people are trying to form this, it would be neat to work together or have a professional rivalry.

I'm stupid, I looked it up and realized it was yours, haha

Davos    5

I'm stupid, I looked it up and realized it was yours, haha

Well get a fella all excited, oh well, guess we got the market cornered.