Server time: 2017-08-16, 13:23

Sign in to follow this  

Lack of dynamic groups?

So I don't know if it is just me but lately I have seen a decrease of dynamic groups.I remember when I first join the community in December there were some groups of people I used to hang around with, people that I have just met.I used to travel with a lot more people to different locations, but now it seems that I am basically running around all by myself and I never seem to find those dynamic groups.

Is it just me kinda being unlucky or is everyone experiencing this?

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Probably because people have been keeping to themselves lately.

As Vittoria said, They're probably just staying in their own little area instead of constantly moving around.

I know that my group usually stays in one area.

As Vittoria said, They're probably just staying in their own little area instead of constantly moving around.

It is kinda hard to believe that everyone has there own town.I have traveled everywhere just to find no one.And most of the groups I met are either official ones or just people that know each other.I feel like those 100% IG groups have just vanished.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

It is kinda hard to believe that everyone has there own town.I have traveled everywhere just to find no one.And most of the groups I met are either official ones or just people that know each other.I feel like those 100% IG groups have just vanished.

Because 85% of the people belong to an ooc group, so they see no reason to team with people.

Only time I stay with random people is if there cool.

Zero    276

Well, it is the apocalypse after all..

Meh, we should probably get use to not running into a lot of people or big groups. I think it adds to the immersion when you feel like it's just you out there alone. Besides, persistence is most likely going to be fixed (soon?), just wait until then. People won't be moving around at all, just staying in their own little place and trying to rp with whoever comes.

Besides, I don't trust anyone anymore, no traveling with me before I stalk you with my binoculars for a few hours or days.

Guest Zahk   
Guest Zahk

People are just being cautious I guess.

Well, it is the apocalypse after all..

Meh, we should probably get use to not running into a lot of people or big groups. I think it adds to the immersion when you feel like it's just you out there alone. Besides, persistence is most likely going to be fixed (soon?), just wait until then. People won't be moving around at all, just staying in their own little place and trying to rp with whoever comes.

Besides, I don't trust anyone anymore, no traveling with me before I stalk you with my binoculars for a few hours or days.

I understand that it is the apocalypse but what I am trying to get at is that there were a lot of those dynamic group before and now it doesn't seem like there aren't any left.Luke does the same as you, spying on people.But when those are alone or they are The Family (because it seems like I bump into them every time I play) it starts getting boring.

Grihm    16

We need a fresh restart of the server and begin again on day one. Everyone are on different dates about the lore as a start, and the group creation process needs a revamp as well.

Zero    276

I will admit, the only groups I have ever actually ran into, and keep running into, are The Broken, Blackwood, and Masquerade. Despite there apparently being a lot more groups then these three, I never see them, and I play on almost every server on the weekends to try and increase the chances. These groups are interesting and all, but it gets tiresome seeing just these individuals and the occasional survivor.

Grihm    16

I will admit, the only groups I have ever actually ran into, and keep running into, are The Broken, Blackwood, and Masquerade. Despite there apparently being a lot more groups then these three, I never see them, and I play on almost every server on the weekends to try and increase the chances. These groups are interesting and all, but it gets tiresome seeing just these individuals and the occasional survivor.

In the mod, there where so much more events going on, but here it´s nothing going on really.

A few month´s back, people where defending that there where so much groundbreaking RP going on and also RP that really pushed the lore and story ahead. Not sure exactly what that entails to but it seems to be at a pretty big halt tbh.

We should have a revamp and restart. Day one again and have three - four big happening to start off with and let players build on that.

In the mod, there where so much more events going on, but here it´s nothing going on really.

A few month´s back, people where defending that there where so much groundbreaking RP going on and also RP that really pushed the lore and story ahead. Not sure exactly what that entails to but it seems to be at a pretty big halt tbh.

We should have a revamp and restart. Day one again and have three - four big happening to start off with and let players build on that.

I don't think that would be possible though.I reset would make a lot of people confused not to mention the already existing groups and characters.

Zero    276

A few months ago, there WAS groundbreaking role-play. I think it was because there were groups that stories were told about, how they were mysterious or evil. And it added to the atmosphere, some of these groups just kind of changed, although they are still interesting, they just changed and their stories weren't with fear or hope.

Grihm    16

I don't think that would be possible though.I reset would make a lot of people confused not to mention the already existing groups and characters.

Not to complicated at all.

Could have a debate first on what is and is not anymore with the restart if affecting anything bigger, but there is nothing really major going on and a restart could benefit more than keeping it as it is would.

People could have the same characters and groups ( mostly ), but making future groups creation process made better. I do not support that people are let into play before their idea is approved. Letting a "record and report" be the salvation to everything is more damaging than helpful.

A few months ago, there WAS groundbreaking role-play. I think it was because there were groups that stories were told about, how they were mysterious or evil. And it added to the atmosphere, some of these groups just kind of changed, although they are still interesting, they just changed and their stories weren't with fear or hope.

I get the hole group development, people change, Luke changed too.But every time I play I have this feeling that something is missing, and I think it is because every interaction is not that special no more.I remember what happened to my first character Andrew: I've met some people on the road and join them to GM.We have exchange stories and learn about one another while moving across the land.And there was this Amy(?) lady in our group that told us she needs to meet with her friends and the NWAF.So we travel with her all the way to the airfield, where she betrayed us and we got all robbed by her group.That hole interaction since I've met those people lasted around 4 hours.Those are the type of events I don't see happening no more.

Grihm    16

I get the hole group development, people change, Luke changed too.But every time I play I have this feeling that something is missing, and I think it is because every interaction is not that special no more.I remember what happened to my first character Andrew: I've met some people on the road and join them to GM.We have exchange stories and learn about one another while moving across the land.And there was this Amy(?) lady in our group that told us she needs to meet with her friends and the NWAF.So we travel with her all the way to the airfield, where she betrayed us and we got all robbed by her group.That hole interaction since I've met those people lasted around 4 hours.Those are the type of events I don't see happening no more.

I agree with you. At first, it was more special and immersive. Not only because it was new, but people cared more and gave it their best in a different way. Now it´s hasty and sloppy many times and it seems people are dead set on trying to be more "crazy or funny" than the last encounter just to make a point.

The lore and the pre-set canvas is now just a memory, not an ingredient.

Now it´s hasty and sloppy many times and it seems people are dead set on trying to be more "crazy or funny" than the last encounter just to make a point.

^Truer words were never spoken.

Last 5 encounters I have had with people can be summed up as follows: "Hi there... Got to go I have better things to do." And then they run away. Literally not even a minute of rp. I miss the old days.

Grihm    16

It is very sad to see people do this.

I use to say as an example that after people are whitelisted, a selected few tend to kick off their shoes, feet on the table and then just do as they please. They "move in" and stop caring. Why bother, i´m already a member. Let the others do the job and i´l just tag along.

Your obligations to the server and community stretches further along than just to the last word on the application. When you take the first steps in the server, it more begins than ends.

Zero    276

Last five encounters I have had?

>Walk up to someone.

>HEY BRO, YOU WANNA TRADE THAT M-65 JACKET FOR MY HOODIE. YOU GOT ANY MAGS, YOU WANNA TRADE THAT M4 FOR THIS AK-74u?

>I respond with "God damn, I am tired of everyone asking if I want to trade my things, do you know what this jacket has been through Lad? Bugger off, before I put a bullet between your eyes!

It is very sad to see people do this.

I use to say as an example that after people are whitelisted, a selected few tend to kick off their shoes, feet on the table and then just do as they please. They "move in" and stop caring. Why bother, i´m already a member. Let the others do the job and i´l just tag along.

Your obligations to the server and community stretches further along than just to the last word on the application. When you take the first steps in the server, it more begins than ends.

Very well said.

>Walk up to someone.

>HEY BRO, YOU WANNA TRADE THAT M-65 JACKET FOR MY HOODIE. YOU GOT ANY MAGS, YOU WANNA TRADE THAT M4 FOR THIS AK-74u?

>I respond with "God damn, I am tired of everyone asking if I want to trade my things, do you know what this jacket has been through Lad? Bugger off, before I put a bullet between your eyes!

I guess you were never robbed of your pants.Literally someone came to me and the first thing they said was I like brown can I have your pants.As I declined he then robbed me of them and just ran away with the pretext that he and his friend are in trouble.

Grihm    16

I guess you were never robbed of your pants.Literally someone came to me and the first thing they said was I like brown can I have your pants.As I declined he then robbed me of them and just ran away with the pretext that he and his friend are in trouble.

There you have a good example of " Not everyone can handle playing anything "

It is a very disliked word to say because people tend to not want to hear they cannot handle the part. It is however expected that you instead should just stand there hat in hands so to say and take that horrible RP again and again. We have recorded and reported enough material to post a blockbuster movie that lasts weeks.

Has things changed? No.

We need the reset and we need basically anything part from survivor roles to be applied for, not just taken and then " sorry, but i don´t know so i´m just going to wing it ".

Promithes    0

I'm fairly new so I can tell you I have had a few good RP interactions. But for the most part I tend not to trust people, especially in GM. It seems to me people make up any and every reason to be dicks. There is no good RP motivations anymore. I was part of an encounter where a group decided to take GM and hold it for a few hours, To what end? I mean realistically it doesn't make sense to use up resources to hold a position you have no intention of defending. I think with the server becoming so popular a lot of people who don't really know how to RP joined and that has brought down the quality of RP experience IG. I feel like the application process should take the RP into account more. I spent half an hour on my backstory alone trying to come up with a unique character with unique motivations. Only to find that a lot of players took the approach of "I'm a bandit so I'm going to rob everyone and be a dick"

>Walk up to someone.

When I trade I always specify what I am looking for, I have never asked to trade guns, or clothes I look more so for ammo, clips, attachments and food. I always introduce my character first and ask for the person's name before i look to trade. Its just good business.

Prince    93

SA was supposed to be a change in the server to make more serious rp. It had the opposite effect sadly. I enjoy being in a group, but most people I play with are getting fed up with SA's shit. So our group activity has gone down quite a bit.