Server time: 2017-08-21, 01:05

Sign in to follow this  
Heroz_Nick

Rules discussion ~

Heroz_Nick    21

Alright guys, to be honest its gone far enough now with certain people thinking, griefing is allowed, so we have to discuss this. I despise long arse conversations so please lets lay down the fundamental rules of this game.

Possible rules to be implemented

1. No griefing [it's self explanatory]

2. No killing logged out players [no detail needed]

3. No prop jumping [to avoid turning this game into Gmod]

4. Attacking a base is Acceptable [but only if the owners are Online ?]

==============================================================

1. No griefing

[self explanatory]

[Do not damage anyone else's base or building structure unless they are online.]

2. Killing of sleeping players

[Do not kill sleeping players]

3. Attacking a base is Acceptable

[but only if the owners are Online]

4. Infiltration

Infiltrating a base to rob them of belongings

[Make a clear way through into their base, pick-locking or breaking down the entrance]

5. Kingship

The kingship can only be claimed whenever

The reason why I say this is once again someone has prop jumped over our fort.

99A8B0D5DE956EDC14550D98C6501FE107898CC7

Please carry on the discussion

Masulii    24

/moved to Reign of Kings

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

To be honest, attacking a base when the owners are offline doesn't make much sense is it?

Breaking into while they are offline is more sense able than actually bringing out a trebuchet and blowing a hole in the wall.

It would also be great if some people (not actually sure if they are part of the community) wouldn't be salty about everything bad that happenes to them.

Just ruins the mood to play when somebody decidedes to argue with the whole server that destroying somebodies base to steal something is not griefing because its not written down when it clearly is.

Heroz_Nick    21

I concur^

Think we need to have concrete rules in place otherwise....it's going to turn ugly real fast, and not in the good way :/

I totally agree with this, just this morning 40+ hours of work was wasted when someone prop climbed over our walls and destroyed our crest thus resulting in them taking everything and I mean literally EVERYTHING.

EDIT:

This all happened while we were offline.

Heroz_Nick    21

damn, feel your pain, hopefully these rules will be discussed/ implemented [iG/OFG] so we can actually enjoy the game more, but we'll see what everyone else thinks.

I totally agree with this, just this morning 40+ hours of work was wasted when someone prop climbed over our walls and destroyed our crest thus resulting in them taking everything and I mean literally EVERYTHING.

EDIT:

This all happened while we were offline.

that moment when i have a pretty good idea of who that might have been since we have been moaning at the same guy for prop jumping and destroying crests for a few days now...

Heroz_Nick    21

well however it is, is going to regret it once they log on. either way guys, if someone behaves like a dick IG, and they are punished for it IG I dont think anyone will bat an eye lid. < just a generalization

this game has enormous potential, lets bring more to it and hopefully the patch will allow us to talk IG once more.

but I do believe we need to make the rules absolutely clear with certain people

Cid    332

I can assure you that no one from the Keepers of the Forest have staircased (proper term, prop surfing/jumping is entirely different and related to G-Mod) over your base. We do have banners in the area, yes, but from what I know so far the people who actually did this wasn't us.

Staircasing is a bit touchy, especially seeing as there are mechanics to prevent such actions with the claiming system. Personally, I do not entirely mind staircasing on unclaimed land seeing as you can already use means of land claims to prevent staircasing. If you think you are safe as well as your own stuff is safe behind nothing but a wall you are terribly mistaken. Of course, everyone has their own opinions, this simply is mine.

Burgz    6

I disagree with rules 1, 2 and 4. No detail needed.

Removing someone's crest and taking their entire base being banned is a rule I can agree with however.

Cid    332

Removing someone's crest and taking their entire base being banned is a rule I can agree with however.

If I am reading this correctly, you are saying you support griefing, killing players while they are offline, and being able to attack bases while owners are offline?

HAGGLE    5

Curiously enough the people who may of did this may of left their banners around our area, a Green Tree banner with a red background.

Forester or keepers of the forest have these banners.

Please let us know if you know anything, ty

We have left the banners around the forest because, well, we are the Keepers of the Forest. The ones scattered about have nothing to do with your home or this case. I'm sorry you got messed with.

Burgz    6

If I am reading this correctly, you are saying you support griefing, killing players while they are offline, and being able to attack bases while owners are offline?

I don't support griefing, I just don't support this rule that the OP has given that lacks all detail, yes I support killing players while they are offline and yes I support being able to attack bases while owners are offline. These are all aspects of the game that would be the same in real life, so why not on this game? Think Epoch.

Cid    332

I don't support griefing, I just don't support this rule that the OP has given that lacks all detail, yes I support killing players while they are offline and yes I support being able to attack bases while owners are offline. These are all aspects of the game that would be the same in real life, so why not on this game? Think Epoch.

This game isn't based off of realism like DayZRP itself tries to be realistic in certain aspects. It's a Light RP and overall goofy and fun environment. Attacking someone's base while offline is cheap and not fun. I don't want to wake up, nor probably does anybody want to wake up, to having their walls and buildings partially destroyed along with having all of their stuff raided.

Or, maybe we are mixing our different views on attacks and getting things skewed. Finding a way into someone's base and lockpicking doors do access their chests is something I'm fine with. Actually ATTACKING someone's base while they are offline is something I'm not fine with.

Burgz    6

Or, maybe we are mixing our different views on attacks and getting things skewed. Finding a way into someone's base and lockpicking doors do access their chests is something I'm fine with. Actually ATTACKING someone's base while they are offline is something I'm not fine with.

What do you mean by attacking? I am confused.

Heroz_Nick    21

alright no worries guys I appreciate you coming forward letting us know, cheers.

apparently we've just been raided aswell again, only this time nothing is left -_- so I think it's time we really do pitch these rules otherwise this will still keep happening and we'll be at each others throats

Think Epoch.

When i think DayZRP epoch i remember a lot of people being banned for unnecessarily destroying/attacking peoples bases whilst they are offline.

its only worse in this game since people can be killed whilst they can do nothing about it i see this being abused ridiculously all it takes is checking the player list to see if they are online then they strike almost exactly like what people did on dayzrp epoch there is nothing fair or fun about it for the receiving party its a cheap tactic of one upping the people you are attacking.

furthermore real life argument is void since its a game for fun not realism added to that the server is also stated to be casual RP for fun i dont think waiting for people to be offline so you can attack/destroy/loot their base and kill them whilst they are offline is close to fun for them and would actually fall under rule 1 of griefing in my opinion.

take what happened to Riggs recently as an example base completely destroyed from the ground up whilst they were offline....days of their work completely gone with not even the blocks left behind so they can salvage their work because someone went the extra mile to destroy the claim then reclaim it and take all of the blocks as well its disgusting I am going to assume they were probably killed as well though they didn't state they were there is nothing fun about that nor is there anything fair about it.

you can argue that they are aspects of the game but that doesn't mean you should abuse it like that especially not in a community like this.

im all for breaking one or two block to get in or lockpicking the doors and steal things actually "attacking" someones base and destroying large portions of it whilst they are not online and killing them whilst they are not online is gigantic no from me and probably most other people.

Heroz_Nick    21

I strongly suggest we hear from the staff, and what their pov on this is. on a side note

These are somewhat finalised, but I stress the point we need to implement some bounders in order for the full enjoyment of this semi-serious RP game. Please continue explaining your pov's etc

1. No griefing

[self explanatory]

[do not touch or damage anyone else's base or building structure unless they are online and you are officially attacking them, see rule 4]

2. No killing logged out players

[This is also in connection with players being reset by the server, let's not add insult to injury]

3. No prop jumping

[Commonly known as prop-surfing, using blocks or the terrain of the map itself to elevate yourself into someones base]

4. Attacking a base is Acceptable OR 4{B}

[but only if the owners are Online]

[E.G. Initiate hostilities via text or by attacking their sturcture when you are fully aware they are online and aware of the situation]

4{B}

Infiltration

Infiltrating a base to rob them of certain belongings

[Make a clear way through into their base, pick-locking or breaking down the entrance]

Dicey    5

Being that I've been shafted 2-3 times by people building tall, simple structures and just jumping in, as well as finding walls partly broken down randomly, I support these rules.

Hell, I'd support switching the RoK server from 'casual RP' with no rules to, I guess, 'full' RP. It has great potential. Just sucks to see it all ruined by people who do this.

Unknown Entity    126

I agree, I tried the server out a bit this weekend and it was immense fun.

However we need these rules to be enforced if we want this to survive more then a week.

Guest Biggie   
Guest Biggie

Hell, I'd support switching the RoK server from 'casual RP' with no rules to, I guess, 'full' RP. It has great potential. Just sucks to see it all ruined by people who do this.

I'd fully support changing the server to 'full' RP instead of just 'light' RP as people just don't take the server that seriously, the other day some guy was constantly going OOC for no reason (i told him to stop but the response was "this is light RP you fucking neckbeard") and yes i know right now it's just basic rules but i don't want to see constant OOC chatter whilst I'm roleplaying with someone.

I'd fully support changing the server to 'full' RP instead of just 'light' RP as people just don't take the server that seriously, the other day some guy was constantly going OOC for no reason (i told him to stop but the response was "this is light RP you fucking neckbeard") and yes i know right now it's just basic rules but i don't want to see constant OOC chatter whilst I'm roleplaying with someone.

I didn't bought the game yet but i'll do it and i'm all in for "full RP" with rules and even lore.

Id say go for a wipe then start again with full RP and some rules to follow

Id say go for a wipe then start again with full RP and some rules to follow

I was under the assumption this would be full rp. I will just save myself a few bucks then. Glad I read before hand.

Sign in to follow this