Server time: 2017-08-18, 23:53

Sign in to follow this  
TheRayTracer

Application rejected 1/3 - told I need "help"

Question

Hi Guys,

My first application was rejected.

The feedback and the reasons for rejection were: "Write your application as if you would be explaining the rules to a friend, with details and examples about how the rules can be applied in game. You failed to explain the basic rules of DayZRP. I suggest you get yourself help in TS (Helpdesk) or in the Forum (Question section), so you know what we are looking for."

Hence this is the reason for posting. I'm a little perplexed by "You failed to explain the basic rules of DayZRP". Ouch. Really? Did I really miss ALL the key points? This statement seems very vague, and I thought should be reserved if I left the text field blank. The answers were as follows verbatim:

"-snip-

Did I really miss ALL the basic rules? ALL of them? I've read feedback from other posts that are more specific such as "You have failed to or incorrectly explained the NLR rule exclusion zone. You have failed to or incorrectly explained the NLR rule about taking revenge on your killers. You have failed to or incorrectly explained the NLR rule about metagaming information about your killers after dying. You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about complying hostages. You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about protecting hostages. You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule ab"

Upon reflection I can see that I have condensed my answers into a concise set of statements. And having done so may have missed a few "sub rules".

Regarding the KoS rule set, almost covered everything - as a comparison:

[dayzRP] "Killing another player must always be justified by the role playing and the actions specified in this rule; there are several situations where you can kill another player"

[app] "...the KoS rule is to ensure that all killing must be justified by the role playing and natural interactions of the characters and their roles in Chernarus"

[dayzRP] "You have to make contact with the target before initiating a hostile action against it. You must make your hostile intention clear and unambiguous and state each demand before you can harm the victim(s) for non-compliance"

[app] "In any hostile actions, the intention must be clear and unambiguous."

[dayzRP] "You can take revenge for a hostile action taken against you for 2 hours from the time hostile action was taken"

[app] I did not include this as I am not a revengeful player. The rule also states "can". "Can" is defined as "be able to".

[dayzRP] "You may only share KoS rights when you meet both of the following conditions: You are within 500 meters of the hostile situation at the time of occurrence, You were recently apart of the involved parties group."

[app] "As an extension to this rule, /KoS rights/ can only be shared within the network bubble of DayZ and only up to 1/2 kilometer AND involved character's group"

I'll stop there with the KoS rule. :)

I feel that the dayzRP admin's think that my friend (whom I am describing the rule set to) is a KoS @55hat and an idiot. None of my friends are idiots. In my next application attempt should to explain the rule set to a friend that is five? Should I just restate the rule set exactly how it is written but in my own words? I feel like I'm being treated like a child. Any pointers and/or tips would be much appreciated.

6 answers to this question

Owen    13

From quickly reading you are missing times and distance for nlr and kos. Try and reword this to include the key part of the rules in it. Make sure you mention every detail.

From quickly reading you are missing times and distance for nlr and kos. Try and reword this to include the key part of the rules in it. Make sure you mention every detail.

The distance was noted. "within the network bubble of DayZ and only up to 1/2 kilometer". Did the admin just look for keywords and numbers? eg. 500?

Owen    13

What I'm trying to say is time limit and distance are missing in both or just one. You also need to add more bits into them. l'll be on ts soon if you want to speak on it about this.

Terra    1367

-SNIP-

Revenge rule is missing

Explain how to share KoS rights

Explain how to treat a hostage

If you meet another player and you want to be hostile towards him, what are the rules about it

Just by skimming over, I can see this (marked in yeelow).

And no, we actully read the applications and the rejection for this application was absoletely justified.

I feel that the dayzRP admin's think that my friend (whom I am describing the rule set to) is a KoS @55hat and an idiot. None of my friends are idiots. In my next application attempt should to explain the rule set to a friend that is five? Should I just restate the rule set exactly how it is written but in my own words? I feel like I'm being treated like a child. Any pointers and/or tips would be much appreciated.

This attitude is not needed at all. If you explain the rules to a friend, like you wrote in your application, then your friend would not know the basics, because you dont state them.

He would not know how long he would have to wait till he can go back to the area after he died, he would not know that he can take revenge or for how long, he would not know what to do with a hostage and so on.

If he would play on our Servers, only with the information you gave him, he would not last long.

I don´t really care how old your friends in Rl are, but after you explained the rules to them, like you should pretend to do in your app, then they should know the rules.

If you understood the rules, then there should be no problem for you to explain them to us in the application.

Good luck

Terra

Thank you for being more specific with your reasons other than "you failed to explain the basic rules of DayZRP". I might consider another application attempt in the distant future.