Server time: 2017-08-21, 06:50

Sign in to follow this  
Shephard7

Best ways to farm

Shephard7    0

Hey guys, I've been kind of getting interested in farming in DayZ and was just wondering; what do you think is the best way to farm or any tips on farming. After the character I have now dies I'm thinking of going down that path, becoming a farmer, learning about that part of DayZ, and also learning on making a bow and how to use it in the best way. What do you guys have to say about this?

SatansNightOut    105

Always start a garden near a source of water, even if its been a rainy day. :)

As far as the bow, I've just taken influence from videos around youtube (WOBO has a great

on it). Talks about how to craft, and when to let the arrow fly.

I was bored one day, and decided to pick up a bow I found and shoot apples on a staircase. I moved on to scarecrows (3/5 headshots!) before someone killed me.

Oh dont forget your tools you need them and use compost for bigger crops save yer leaves sell as Khat :P

also be close to a water supply or take few full bottles with you, or wait till rain easy that bit ha

There a few guides on crafting a bow and arrows remember you can stack your arrows when there made :)

oh and nice to see someone who not a gunho millitry nut

Guest Zahk   
Guest Zahk

Already been said but make sure you set up near fresh water. It makes everything so much more efficient.

Shephard7    0

Alright cool guys thanks. Yeah I've really just wanted to explore this part of DayZ and I'm really excited to do it :) Thanks for the advice and yeah WOBO's video on the bow is great to watch if any of you haven't seen it yet and are interested in using the bow. Also one more question that I just came up with...what kind of vegetables can you grow? The only ones I know about right now are pumpkins and tomatoes.

One thing I would add is to not do the farmer thing until persistence comes back. That's what I'm waiting for at least. For me, there's no point in growing nine pumpkins and only being able to carry one or two and then having the rest disappear or despawn. If you wait for persistence you can get a full farm going somewhere, and have a place to store them as well so you get the fruits of your labor. But once again, just my opinion.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

I farm the kiddies @ green mountain. :troll:

Jk, but the best place personally would have to be northwest of Zelenogorsk. Nice little spot with a decent sized pond near it.

zoyo    66

I would try to find an area that has a fresh water source and buildings that spawn tools nearby. This would be your ideal location but you should also make sure there is an even mix of being close to where people hang out such as green mountain to sell your crops. But also make sure it is hidden, if people are hungry they can get desperate and that leads to trouble.

Shephard7    0

Wait so there isn't any persistent servers right now? I haven't heard of this anywhere... But yeah using a persistent server does make sense. Also I never thought of selling the fruits of my labor to people that sounds like a good idea :D Thanks for the ideas of where to have my farm. Green Mountain does seem like a good idea to have my farm. Maybe I could have my farm in between Cherno and Elecktro so that I can help people who are passing through. That seems like an ideal place because there are plenty of ponds in that gap between the two large cities.

Yeah right now there is no persistence servers sadly. If you wait until then I'm sure you could get some very interesting rp out of it.

Find a jerry can, get a fill it with water, get like 4 ice picks, a bunch of ferterillizer. Find somewhere high trafficked( Green Mountain for example), keep growing plants and leave them all in a mountain bag for people to come and take.

Shephard7    0

That sounds like a good idea. Just to update you guys on my quest to farm. I started a farm in Kamyshovo and the first two people i run in to are two guy s with a truck and they try running me over and then get out of their truck to try and kill me. Luckily I had a friend with me for back up (he had a gilly suit on so they didn't see him even when he was five feet in front of them) and we killed one of they guys but couldn't find the second one. Everyone I have come across so far has tried to kill me. Literally everyone I run into nowadays are just bandits are are kossing like crazy. Like the other day a group of five bandits came into town and shot me and my friend without even talking to me. Like what the heck?

If you are still a farmer, then you are in luck. I'm sure more and more people will need you or your goods so that they can survive persistence. I know the group I'm in is looking for one today, so don't worry, there is still some great rp to be had. It's a shame that you had to experience that though.