Server time: 2017-08-23, 08:14

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
NickJantzen

would you like to see different breeds of zombies?

NickJantzen    0

Maybe one more type thats abnormally large and has more health than the others but is much slower and easier to evade. What do you guys think?

I don't like the idea of overly mutated zombies.. I like the ones that we currently have. We are going to have hordes soon, so, having a zombie like this wouldn't be needed.

NickJantzen    0

I don't like the idea of overly mutated zombies.. I like the ones that we currently have. We are going to have hordes soon, so, having a zombie like this wouldn't be needed.

I do agree very much. I was mainly curious about the opinions of others and where they stand on it.

Krullin    0

Breeds? We talking zombie babies?

I jest, I don't think that's what the devs are aiming towards. I think they're going for a more "realistic" type of environment/zombies so there won't be any mutations or special infected or the like as far as I know. Plus, would be extremely hard to program into the game if it were possible at all.

So I don't think it'll be added, and I'm happy it wont be since I don't really like the idea of special infected in a game like DayZ over all.

zombies with no legs or arms? (Mutation)

NinjaBacn    0

I think tougher, rarer zombies would be cool. Just as long as they don't go over the top like Left 4 Dead and Dead Island. Nothing wrong with those games, but DayZ is going for a more realistic feel.

Maybe something like in The Walking Dead with riot gear zombies that you can't headshot.

Jack Allen    18

How about having a breed that can run. Then have a breed that can't run. I would also like a zombie breed that can't see you from 2 miles away. That would be very nice. :)

SatansNightOut    105

I agree with most everyone else.. nah.

HOWEVER, different Infected "bodytypes" would be interesting. All I gotta say is, the first time I saw THIS:

j9YZ6Zf.gif

I was scared shitless. Obese Infected is something you rarely see (Boomers aside) in most common zombie/infected hordes.

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

I agree with most everyone else.. nah.

HOWEVER, different Infected "bodytypes" would be interesting. All I gotta say is, the first time I saw THIS:

j9YZ6Zf.gif

I was scared shitless. Obese Infected is something you rarely see (Boomers aside) in most common zombie/infected hordes.

It would be great if these exploded when you shot them.

Also I think zombies should drop loot. Like military zombies drop ammo or rarely guns.

Robodanjal    0

I just don't like zombies....so no

dean-what-gif.gif

I think infected/zombies missing body parts would be pretty cool to see.

Dicey    5

Also I think zombies should drop loot. Like military zombies drop ammo or rarely guns.

Ooh, I like that idea. For military zombies, dropping a few rounds of ammo should be what you expect most of the time. Guns should be rare this way, and they should be able to be seen slung to their backs or slinging from side to side from their shoulder. Maybe have guns that spawn this way be low quality? Since they bang against objects as they wander around and stuff.

Snafu    4

It would be awesome to see zombies in riot gear and gorka gear that were harder to kill and would drop ammo/guns. And also zombies that had melee weapons stuck in them.

Robodanjal    0

It would be awesome to see zombies in riot gear and gorka gear that were harder to kill and would drop ammo/guns. And also zombies that had melee weapons stuck in them.

The military zombies are harder to kill with melee weapons, at least in my experience anyway. Usually take two hits with the fireaxe rather than the one with normal zombies.

Dropping of loot would be good though, although as said it would have to be quite damaged due to the condition of the zombies. Also with the new horde and improved AI system it would give a reason to try and take out a military zombie if we could see that it had something we needed on it.

Snafu    4

The military zombies are harder to kill with melee weapons, at least in my experience anyway. Usually take two hits with the fireaxe rather than the one with normal zombies.

These ones would be tougher but slower

Buddy    859

Although I really do enjoy and appreciate the idea of it... This isn't Left Four Dead xD we don't need exploding corpses or ones that have insane tongues hahaah

Perhaps some that are more or less..... Decayed than others? Blood splatter is about the only projectile I'd like out of the infected :)

tiiiksuuun    0

I'd like to see a Nocturnal Zombie that actually hunts players down, eyes glowing in the night but not strong enough to kill players in a swipe.

Conor    243

I read the title as different breads.

White or Wholegrain?

In all Caesarousness though, I would love to see zombies with gear and clothes etc. That you can take when you kill them

In all Caesarousness though, I would love to see zombies with gear and clothes etc. That you can take when you kill them

Yeah, I would love to see something like that but whatever is on them could be badly damaged even ruined depending on where you shoot them.

Volke    132

Different Breeds of Zombies I'd love to see L4D style zombies like Boomers, Hunters and the like...oh god. Imagine a Tank, needing like 10 people to take down...would be glorious.

Imagine a Tank

Rip if stuck in one entrance/exit building

I'd personally would like to see child zombies. Making childlike zombie noises. Would be creepy as hell.

Volke    132

Imagine a Tank

Rip if stuck in one entrance/exit building

I'd personally would like to see child zombies. Making childlike zombie noises. Would be creepy as hell.

RIP If it was stuck inside a building...

See.. my only issue with this would be, it would be like shooting a child to a certain extent... Even if it is a game I could see many people, potentially myself feeling uncomfortable with shooting even a zombie child. At the same time though, I would love to see it in game, because it would be super creepy! Though I think the creepier question is where are the children of Chernarus and why have they left their teddy bears behind...?

Roach    1558

One thing I hate about any other zombie game out there, is the mutated zombies... unrealistic in my opinion. Having fat ones that blow up, some that spit acid, some pounce you, some charge you, some are huge, some have long tongues and overpowered and so on (yes L4D references mostly).

In real life you would have Humans VS Zombies, just Zombies. I understand the variety part... can't wait to see more of them with different skins and all. Some should be crawlers, runners and walkers. But keep the zombies normal looking, add more (hoards) and voila! Challenge accepted :D

Tomeran    3

To make PvE a viable and entertaining concept in its own, something that is utterly necessary to prevent DayZ from becoming a PvP game with "those annyoing zombies in the background"(like the mod pretty much ended up to be), I think you need to make the zombie threat dangerous, entertaining and indeed, more mixed and unique.

Lorewise there's certainly enough room with how the virus works for mutations to eventually appear and certain variations of infected to show up. Eventually. See it as a sort of natural evolution: The virus seeks to survive and it uses the hosts bodies to do so: If humans learn to tackle the zombie threat effectivly enough, then the said virus may deem it prudent to try and conjure up new tricks. Its a tricky little deadly bastard. But such things dont happen overnight. A few months or half a year-> a full year is more prudent, even if that alone is pushing the "realistic boundries" of how much time nature needs to adapt to new circumstances.

Meanwhile, I think zombies should be harder to kill. Right now they seem easier to kill then normal humans even, and that doesnt make a shred of sense. They should be able to take immense amounts of damage without dying and also be fairly deadly in attacks. Once that is coupled with the bigger numbers we're finally getting then the zombie threat begins to become a reality, and it deserves to be that reality.

Far FAR too many people forget that DayZ is a "Zombie survival" game.

Having wider variations on body type and such would also be nice.