Server time: 2017-10-18, 04:00
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Moose

The Flower

Moose    7

DISCLAIMER: This "entry" may be a little slow and won't be for everyone. It's a sort of glimpse into Daisy's past and where she comes from. So, you've been warned.

Chapter #1

I never imagined I would make it this far. I've seen horrible things, as we all have. Endured pain, heartache, loss... But this isn't meant to be a sob story and I'm not seeking your sympathy. No, this is a tale of a young white and yellow flower and her struggle for freedom from life's weeds and to finally feel the sunlight's warmth.

My tale begins in California, USA. Life was tough for me. My father was taken from us shortly after he was diagnosed with inoperable, Stage 4 lung cancer. Not two years later my mother died of a broken heart. I remember coming home from school that day. Friday, I was so happy to finally be done with the week. I found my sister sobbing on the kitchen floor. She jumped to her feet as I entered through the front door.

"NO! No, Daze don't go up! Don't go up!!" She stood in front of me, arms spread wide in an attempt to block me from the rest of the house.

"W-what's the matter?" I asked. I knew it was bad and I think I knew deep down what had happened. I had never seen Rose this upset. Not since our father passed.

"It's mom..." She cried and cried some more. Tears streamed down her face. I wasn't sure she would stop but eventually I truly believe she ran out of tears to cry. That night is a blur to me. There were various emergency service vehicles. A police officer questioned my sister and I. The medics went up stairs to the bathroom where my mother had slit her wrists and ended it all. I'm thankful I didn't have to be the one who found her like that. At the same, time I wonder if it would have saved my sister.

At the time Rose didn't live at home. She had a cheap, one bedroom apartment downtown. It was the epitome of a shithole. With nowhere else to go I had no choice but to move in with her. I slept on the couch and stayed up most nights staring at the walls. The paint was peeling and underneath I could see mould covered concrete. There was always a leak in the ceiling somewhere, usually above the kitchen. We would place a pot or a bowl below hoping to catch most of the water. The dripping would torment me. Drip. Drop. Drip. Drop. It was as if every drop of water echoing through the dark was reminding me, "Yes, Daisy, this is where you live and your life sucks."

It didn't take long for my sister to fall into the heroin addict stereotype. She used as much and as often as possible leaving me to mostly look after myself. She'd blow most of our money on drugs and booze so I had to do this and that to get enough money for food.

I'd give anything to go back to that life. Flash forward. Amy and I found ourselves in a post-soviet Chernarus. I would explain how we ended up here but Amy tells the story anyway. She's the one that got us here in the first place. All you really need to know is that we were hired to come here and we were supposed to get paid big. Enough money for me to move out of Rose's place and get one of my own. Not importantly I'd be able to put myself through school and get a proper career.

You probably wouldn't know much about Chernarus aside from the civil war in 2009 while it was briefly in the media's spotlight. It sort of faded out of everyone's mind until the outbreak. Ghouls, I call them. Not quite dead but not nearly alive. Definitely not people anymore. They feed on us, the ones that are still sticking it out. I heard we're in the 10% of people worldwide that survived the initial wave. I'm not sure if we won the lottery or not. What we have to endure to survive makes me question if it's even worth it anymore.

daisy.png

Head_Hunter    0

i... i love it. please continue this. like seriously this is good and well written so far. i just want more, because im hooked.

Jm Von Cat    154

Hehe, this is a little later than I was intending to comment >.< but yeap i said i would!

In short. Moar, Now Please.

Pretty please?

It is to put more into my words... a long version a nice insight into Daisy, just little things here i can already link to little things in game. I realy like that.

All Vladdys Mhmn!

Moose    7

i... i love it. please continue this. like seriously this is good and well written so far. i just want more, because im hooked.

Moar.

I want moar.

That was really good! <3

Hehe, this is a little later than I was intending to comment >.< but yeap i said i would!

In short. Moar, Now Please.

Pretty please?

It is to put more into my words... a long version a nice insight into Daisy, just little things here i can already link to little things in game. I realy like that.

All Vladdys Mhmn!

Heh, thanks guys. If I write another one it'll be more interesting I promise.

SatansNightOut    105

It's refreshing to see some insight from before the Infection. A sad world Daisy came from, only to enter a horrible one. Loved it.

Moose    7

Chapter #2

[mp3]http://puu.sh/gR4be.mp3[/mp3]

"Uhh, hello?" I asked, the stranger. We stood in the centre of the street. He was positioned in the side yard of an abandoned home, looking at us with wild eyes. I looked to Amy and then to Vlad who were on either side of me. They looked as uneasy as I felt.

"Can we hel-" BANGBANGBANGBANG! Amy was cut off by a barrage of gunfire as the stranger quickly lifted his weapon and let loose in our direction. Instinct kicked in and the three of us ducked into cover. I dove behind a nearby bus stop, scraping my hands and forearms on gravel and concrete. After the shooting ceased spotted Vlad sprinting up the hill in the direction the shooter had been standing.

"H-he he's going this way!" Vladimir called out, signalling us to follow. I sprung to my feet and drew my rifle. I checked to make sure it was loaded as I sprinted up the hill and after the shooter as fast as my legs would carry me. I crested the hill. "He's in the f-f-field!" Vlad shouted and pointed East.

Through a thin line of trees and down a steep embankment I could see the man fleeing. I went down on one knee when I reached the row of trees. I raised my weapon and fixed my sights on my target. I can't recall if my friends were shooting or not, I was focused completely on the task at hand. I tracked him as he ran across my field of vision.

I took a breath, and squeezed the trigger. I felt the jolt of my rifle kicking back into my shoulder. Looking back I can imagine my bullet travelling in slow motion towards the gunman. I saw a spray of red mist as the round found it's mark in his shoulder. I heard a short Yelp as he fell to the ground but he was back on his feet as fast as he had one down. I inhaled once again and squeezed.

Once again I had hit my target. I'm not sure if it was luck or my occasional practice sessions on tin cans and glass bottles had paid off. The 7.62 round entered his body just above the hip. He fell. Again he was back up and running. Both his recovery and his sprint had slowed.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath.

I fired one last time, tagging him in the leg. I swear this time I heard the distinct thud of his body slamming into the ground for the final time. I paused, waiting for him to rise once again but that moment never came. Vlad, Amy and I were back on the move in moments. We ran down into the field and towards the felled man.

He laid on his back. To my surprise and horror he was still alive, more or less, and choking on his own blood. Eyes as wide as ever he looked up at us, staring me right in the eye. In that moment, despite being the bringer of his impending demise, I wanted to help him. I thought about what we could do to save him but he was finished. Within seconds the gagging had stopped and he was still.

I swallowed. "What the fuck was that?" All of a sudden a wave of thoughts flooded my mind. Who was he? Why did he shot? Why had I shot? Amy reassured me later that what I had done was the right thing and I tried to convince myself that this was the truth. That man was a danger to anyone out there and he could have killed me or worse, he could have shot and killed Vladimir or Amy.

I had killed a man once before, a robber who thought it wise to attack another friend and I. It had been reflex to draw my weapon and to shoot him but this time was different. We had been on the pursuit and I hadn't acted on impulse. I gunned him down while he was on the retreat. I prayed that I wasn't being the monster I had seen in so many others. I felt as if my bright white petals had been speckled with red.

latest?cb=20141001213723

Jm Von Cat    154

Mooose, he ran west! West I say!.. Specifically south south west... Details.. Hehehe.

Nows! Verry good word smithing! I particularly like that Vladimir fellow.. Very on to it :troll:

Moose    7

Mooose, he ran west! West I say!.. Specifically south south west... Details.. Hehehe.

Nows! Verry good word smithing! I particularly like that Vladimir fellow.. Very on to it :troll:

Vlad is really on top of things :D And nonono it was North-west, Vladdy.

Gikkel    0

A really nice read Moose!

Really good job on describing how she feels after the kill. +1

Moose    7

A really nice read Moose!

Really good job on describing how she feels after the kill. +1

Thanks, Gikkel. I appreciate you taking the time to read it and let me know what you think :)

Nilin    10

A very nice job Moosebutt, I just got around to reading it and I enjoyed it.. looked forward to seeing more from you of course and moar ingame stuff.

Moose    7

A very nice job Moosebutt, I just got around to reading it and I enjoyed it.. looked forward to seeing more from you of course and moar ingame stuff.

Thanks, Nilin. I appreciate it :D see you in game.

Moose    7

Audio Log #1

"This is Daisy. Phone's almost dead so I don't know how long this'll be. I'm trying to look at my pictures as much as I can before this shit dies. I don't know when I'll get this thing juiced up again or if I can keep it from breaking in the next few weeks so I want to have a clear memory of them-- The pictures I mean."

The sound of the mic coming in contact with something hard and a little bit of fumbling can be heard, you come to the conclusion it's probably being set down on a table or something.

"I'd take a video of this but I'm worried I look like shit and I don't wanna see myself look this bad so a "voice memo" will have to do for now."

The girl in the recording lets out a deep and defeated sigh.

"I just want to put this behind me and go home. When we got here last week we had no idea things would be this fucked up with those sick people running around trying to kill everyone. It doesn't help that we don't know the language or the area... I suppose that doesn't matter much. Once the quarantine goes down we're putting this place in our rear-view, flying out o here, and never stepping foot in this place again."

A faint, female voice is heard further away from the mic. She sounds groggy as if she had just risen from a death-like slumber, "Daze? What're you doing up, babe? It's like, 3 AM or something."

"Just dicking around on my phone before it dies. No point saving the battery. No reception around here anyway." Daisy replies, "No cell reception anyway. Must be in a dead zone... Go back to sleep, Aims."

Amy grumbles and you hear noisy bed springs as she rolls over. "Gnight."

"I guess I better wrap this up. All I can say is: I can't wait until I'm back on the sandy beaches and working on my tan. See you soon... me..?" Daisy chuckles before the audio is cut.

xxuSw1k.png

Nilin    10

Great read, Moose. I'm interested in getting to know a bit more of your past.

Jm Von Cat    154

Hmn.. You need to complain to Vladdy that your phone is dead if you still have it!.. Just ask Crimson, a quest is afoot!

Anyway... hehehehe... This leaves me curious, what or who is in those photos?

How bad could she possibly have looked then? has she seen a mirror recently? :Troll:

I suppose you were not quite honest about that quarantine part, your still hanging round... wonder why that is? :P

Naw, im just ribbin you... well partly... Ill let you figure out whats ribbing and what's legit... Half the fun after all!

In short, i enjoyed the read. I like it because it is different, I like different. Oh and yes.

Please sir, may I have some more?

Moose    7

Hmn.. You need to complain to Vladdy that your phone is dead if you still have it!.. Just ask Crimson, a quest is afoot!

How bad could she possibly have looked then? has she seen a mirror recently? :Troll:

I suppose you were not quite honest about that quarantine part, your still hanging round... wonder why that is? :P

Naw, im just ribbin you... well partly... Ill let you figure out whats ribbing and what's legit... Half the fun after all!

In short, i enjoyed the read. I like it because it is different, I like different. Oh and yes.

Heh. Thanks, Vladdy. And yes her phone has been very dead for a long long time. Maybe she's staying in Chernarus now, even after the quarentine, because she has nowhere to go. Or maybe she just likes the lovely Chernarussian weather? :D

Jm Von Cat    154

Heh. Thanks, Vladdy. And yes her phone has been very dead for a long long time. Maybe she's staying in Chernarus now, even after the quarentine, because she has nowhere to go. Or maybe she just likes the lovely Chernarussian weather? :D

A flower gotta get her water from somewhere! aint that right?

Moose    7

Chapter 3

"How much further?" I ask from the passenger seat of Amy's dark orange Ford Maverick. The sun is setting. It's light paints the world in a spectrum of deep reds and pinks. For some reason it feels as if an eternity has passed since the last time I had seen these Califonian beaches.

"Almost there, babe." Our windows are down and Amy's hair is blowing wildly in the midsummer's wind. In the reflection of her sunglasses I am reminded of the truly breathtaking setting sun.

I blink.

"You coming, Daze?" Amy asks, leaning in on my window from the outside. An ear to ear grin spread across her face. "Cmon." She opens my door and leads me into the house, all but dragging me along by the wrist. This place seems so strange although it appears to be like any other house-trasher. The air feels all wrong. The music is loud and the lights are flashing. The house is flooded with our fellow party goers, dancing and bouncing with the beat. I am intoxicated by the barrage of different colognes and perfumes mixed with the scent of booze and pot.

I blink.

94986f74-7c4c-4417-81dd-d32bb7876d40.jpg

I am dancing with a stranger in the centre of the room. His face is scarred as if he had been caught in a war zone many years ago. To match the look, a chain dangled from his neck and attached to it were his dogs tags. We are face to face, body to body. Surrounded by a sea of unfamiliar faces. Or so I think. I look closer, scanning for anyone I may know. Across the room I spot someone I feel like I should know but I can't bring myself to recall where from. His blue eyes are both recognizable and ominously comforting. I try to pull away from my cohort but he pulls me in closer, kissing me deeply. I want to remember who the blue-eyed boy is but I feel entranced. Hypnotized.

For some reason the music has stopped and so has the dancing. The dancers have vacated the room. I turn back to the scarred soldier but he too has vanished. In fact the room is nearly empty all together. No furniture, no photos, no nothing. Lined up against the wall are five people. Suddenly, a wave of recollection washes over me like a tsunami. Rin, Ivan, Luke, Amy, and finally the young man with the blue eyes, Vladimer.

"H-h-Hiya, Daisy." He stutters.

I blink.

Once again the scenery has changed and I an running down a dark residential back street. One by one the street lights begin going dark like some cliche horror film. I hear a pack of rushing footsteps behind me but before I can react I am tackled to the ground with an overwhelming ferocity.

I scream.

Teeth and nails are tearing the flesh from my bones. Gore streaming from the mouths of my friends and staining the concrete. Their faces are yellowed and decayed; their eyes are glaze and soulless. My body is paralyzed and I am completely at the mercy of these merciless and ghoulish shells I once called friends. I scream a blood curdling scream. A scream that if you heard it would raise the hair on the back of your neck and send shivers down your spine.

I watch in complete and utter horror as my legs are torn free at the knee. Lucas is feasting on one of my precious arms not three feet from me. I can see him tearing away my flesh wIth his gnarled and bloody teeth. Eventually I am inviting death into my heart, begging him to take me from this when the ghouls unanticipatingly conclude their feast. They crawl back from my body and disappear into the darkness. Leaving me to lay in the road in a dismembered mess. I shut my eyes tight and pray for the end.

"D-d-Daisy, are you o-o-okay?" I open my eyes and Vlad is standing in the stream of blood where my feet would be if they were still attached. "D-Daisy? Daisy?! DAISY!?"

I jolt awake and sit straight up in my bed. Vladimer is on his knees next to my bed looking concerned and running his hand up and down the length of my back. I look over my body and am beyond relieved that my limbs are all still attached.

After a few minutes I manage to formulate words, "I'm alright, Vladdy. Just a nightmare."

SatansNightOut    105

Daaayum. And I thought Amy's nightmares were bad. Well fucking written! Loved it. A bit horrified by the idea, but meow. Good entry...

Nilin    10

Great read, a bit twisted in spots but loved it. More. <3

Jm Von Cat    154

Took a few days longer than I wanted it to but good things are worth waiting for right, Vladdy?

Ehehehehe, I loved it Moose. Partly cus its your writing, partly cus it raises questions in my mind...

Write more, I need to read more... Please... I beg!

I bloody love these, keep it up! :)

ice126    0

Great read, Very profound and powerful in a lot of ways. Hope to see more of it!

Moose    7

Great read, Very profound and powerful in a lot of ways. Hope to see more of it!

I bloody love these, keep it up! :)

Took a few days longer than I wanted it to but good things are worth waiting for right, Vladdy?

Ehehehehe, I loved it Moose. Partly cus its your writing, partly cus it raises questions in my mind...

Write more, I need to read more... Please... I beg!

Great read, a bit twisted in spots but loved it. More. <3

Daaayum. And I thought Amy's nightmares were bad. Well fucking written! Loved it. A bit horrified by the idea, but meow. Good entry...

Thank you all! I really appreciate the feedback and kind words. :)

Sign in to follow this