Burgz

Rule suggestion

is this a good idea?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. is this a good idea?

• yes
    • no

Burgz    6

so, idk if this rule is already in place and is unspoken or something like that, but I feel I should post the thread and see opinions anyway :P

The suggestion is that, besides an initial keep/gate at the end of the king's bridge, the king and his men should not be able to build any more defences closer to the king's throne, the tax tree or further up the bridge. Another section of this rule would be that beds are also not allowed on the king's bridge and area.

I know it seems slightly unfair to the king by doing this, but I've seen it implemented in other private servers and think it works well. This means that if the king dies, he can't retake the throne within a matter of seconds. I understand the king will probably take the throne back after his death and rightly so because it would be stupid if not. But I see it as slightly immersion breaking if the king appears again so quickly.

please discuss, I will be happy to argue debate with you all ;D

Burgz    6

I made a poll because too many people are interested in this to count.

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

The main reason we sealed the throne off is because of the trolls who just run up and claim the throne for no apperent reason. There are still cases of people abusing glitches or stacking props in order to get to the throne which is just sad.

If you manage to kill the King and his men and take the fort in fair combat there should be no problem with claiming the throne.

Burgz    6

The main reason we sealed the throne off is because of the trolls who just run up and claim the throne for no apperent reason. There are still cases of people abusing glitches or stacking props in order to get to the throne which is just sad.

If you manage to kill the King and his men and take the fort in fair combat there should be no problem with claiming the throne.

I haven't actually visited it yet so I didn't actually know if you had built anything but I'd just seen it done on other servers and it was incredibly overpowered. As for people claiming the throne, I don't see it as trolling because it's like your job to keep it safe no? What about beds too? I saw Valk take the throne pretty quickly after he died yesterday so I assume you do have them. I just see it as somewhat immersion breaking.

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

I haven't actually visited it yet so I didn't actually know if you had built anything but I'd just seen it done on other servers and it was incredibly overpowered. As for people claiming the throne, I don't see it as trolling because it's like your job to keep it safe no? What about beds too? I saw Valk take the throne pretty quickly after he died yesterday so I assume you do have them. I just see it as somewhat immersion breaking.

The problem is, Valk hasn't been killed legitly yet. Its all blackmagic AKA glitches.

And as I mentioned above if somebody attacks the castle properlly we would only have one chance to respawn at our beds and then we are fresh spawns at the beach.

Nah if people want the kingship they can fight for it there was in fact another king before me actually.

And i dont think the people who built the huge gatehouse out of literally about 100k+ stone would be willing to give it up in the event of a new king he would literally be king for minutes if that since we would live at the bottom of the bridge.

as for immersion its not even real RP its casual its for fun the only rules are that of the community rules which is just things like fair play.

we dont plan on taking the kingship again should a wipe happen though

Burgz    6

stuff

The gatehouse at the bottom of the bridge is fine, I did mention that in my post. I just don't believe it should be allowed to have beds actually in/around the throne room or using blocks to cover the entrances especially with the removal of explosive barrels from the game.

It's hardly not fighting for it though.

Sign in to follow this