Server time: 2017-10-18, 20:10
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Ghost of Levi

General problems guide.

Ghost of Levi    8

Rolling around the forums ive seen alot of problems rise up so Ive decided to make a Guide on how to fix dayz problems. I will add more problems when more arise overtime.

To any and all problems that may arrise always make sure that you run BOTH steam and dayz in adinistrator.

Index

1. Game tabbing out, Unable to tab back in.

2. Cant hear VOIP, cant see chat

3. Dying in buildings, on top of objects, high places or completely randomly

4. Signature timeout

5. Burred screen

6. Unable to see servers

7. Internet/program "drops" after joining server

8. Shaking but not cold/didnt eat human meat

9. Cursor invisible while ingame

1. Game tabbing out, Unable to tab back in.

This is most likely but not always an GPU issue, and nearly always it is the Driver thats causing it, Before anything else try updating your drivers too see if that has any effect on your issue.

An other thing that coud be causing it Windows Aero, the program somethimes forces itself to the foreground which cuases other programs to minimise themselfs, on its own not a problem but when running games in fullscreen it breaks them. disable that , it might also solve the issue.

If All else fails you can force the game to be ran in borderless windowed, currently there is no option to do so ingame but there is an way around it with soe usefull external programs.

2. Cant hear VOIP, cant see chat

This is no Uncommon problem and an nightmare for RP.

If you can only not hear VOIP and you are using earplugs rather than an Headset, this can actually be the problem. try using a different output object like speakers or headsets.

What however most likely is the problem is that windows disables your input devices uppon connection and Becouse there are no input devices the game automaticly disables comunications, sometimes including text chat.

The solution to this being:

1. Go to control pannel > hardware and sound > manage oudio devices

OR rightclick your audio button in the bottom right and go to output devices

2. Right click and press show disabled devices.

3. Find the device you wish to use, right click it and set it as default comunication device and as default device

3. Dying in buildings, on top of objects, high places or completely randomly

I see alot of reports Pop up WIth people stating that they have been killed with one of the above reasons. Usually GM's/Admins cant find anything in the logs stating that the person has been killed by an player based action.

This problem is usually caused by either one of two things 1 Desync 2 object registration.

the first problem being desync, you walk upstairs everything is ey ok suddenly you break your legs and seconds later... you are dead, it happens countless times to many people including me.

this problem is mainly caused by the game not syncing, you or the server lag for a moment and a problem arises, on the client you are standing on the 2nd floor of the building but in the server youre still on the ground floor, the game than registers you being on the second floor but cant think of an logical way that you got there, it than proceeds to think that you fell (yes even if you went UP) and takes the nessisairy actions.

than the second problem being object registration, aka standing on rocks or something like that, while standing on rocks you are standing in the air as the game does not register the rock as part of the ground so the game thinks you are flying, it than proceeds to make you "fall" but you cant fall becouse there is an rock but for the game you stil "fell" if that doesnt kill you instantly itl break your legs however, it will continue this cycle untill you are dead, and even afterwards.

The most common solution to problem one is vaulting, it doesnt always work but it is an extremely efficient solution.

the solution to problem two... well it aint there, just dont go on rocks or something.

4. Signature timeout

A common problem that many users have and it can be caused my muiltiple problems.

but I will be discussing the ISP issue

ISP may sometimes force disable your IP4 which causes the game to give you signature timeouts repeatedly, this is because windows just likes IP6 more than IP4.

to force windows to use IP4:

1.Right click your internet icon in the bottom right of your screen and select open networkcenter

2.go to network connections and right click the device you use to conect to the internet.

3. click properties

4. enable internet protocol version 4

If this is not th eproblem you can force the game to send larger packages in order to prevent signature timeouts.

you can do this by either adding a line to the dayz.cfg (located in mydocuments/my games/dayz) or create an new document called basic.cfg inside the same folder

and add the line:

class sockets{maxPacketSize = 1800;};

5. Burred screen

An graphical error within dayz

Ususally happens the player takes damage and solved overtime if the player is healing.

you can permanently fix this problem by turning off post proccessing in the video options or you can temporairily solve it by pressing esc going to configurations and selecting the video tab.

6.Unable to see servers

Before freaking out make sure its not maintinance day. ( wensday )

you cant seem to find the dayzRP servers or any servers at all but your history and favorites show just fine.

An quick and temporary fix to this problem is by "remotely" conecting to the server by manually entering the severs IP this doesnt solve the problem but if you quickly need to play it is an fast way to get around it.

For starters make sure your "filter" Is fine and not set to find something.

Make an exeption or disable your firewall completely if the above doesnt work.

7. Internet/program "drops" after joining server

Your internet drops or a certain program stops working after you join a dayZ server.

This happens becouse dayz messes with either your packaging or your bandwith before trying this solution go to problem 4.

dayz sends packages to the server, however it sometims messes up and causes you to "time out" this might also cause your steam or teamspeak to just stop working for a short moment to solve this issue do the following.

Go to your dayz profiles folder being under:

Users\\Documents\DayZ

and open your dayz.cfg with notepad.

add these lines of text at the bottom of your config:

MaxMsgSend=512; 
MaxSizeGuaranteed=2048; 
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=1024; 
class sockets{maxPacketSize = 1800;};

You can change any value aslong as it doest surpass your internets Down/upload speed however do NOT EVER change class sockets to above 1800, you will enter an unknown world of just dont do it.

source to this:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/basic.cfg#Networking_Tuning_Options

8. Shaking but not cold/didnt eat human meat

While scrolling around the internet to find information on it i repeatedly got the same awnswer regardless of where I went

Apearantly the Issue is that your character is actually cold but the icon does not display itself, in almost all scenarios the player was or is "wet" even if this icon doesnt display itself the player might still have wet clothes which cool you down faster

Easyest solution is to put on dry clothes and sit next to a fire for a short period of time ( 10ish minutes ) to solve this issue.

9. Cursor invisible while ingame

An Issue most likely but not always caused by overwolf.

Overwolf is an addon that was added with one of the later teamspeak patches

THERE IS NO WAY OF DELETING OVERWOLF.

it is forced into teamspeak in the last patch and it cant be removed.

you can disable overwolf but this is only a temporairy solution.

The only way of permanently solving this issue is by downgrading teamspeak to an older version.

If you have an issue or you see an issue that you think should be added to the list post it and i will do so.

Vandy    34

Why isn't this stickied yet?

This could be so helpfull in the question section.

Thanks for writing this one out Levi.

tnkydoe    14

Nice guide! A few spelling errors but I can look passed those! :P

Pixel115    0

The blurred screen is not a glitch it is a feature when you are on low health but if you disable post processing it gets rid of it.

Ghost of Levi    8

Im dyslectic, really badly too so yeah... sorry for that one.

Updated thread with the solution to this and simulair problems

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-what-is-going-on

The blurred screen is not a glitch it is a feature when you are on low health but if you disable post processing it gets rid of it.

now its an health issuehowever a while back you could get it randomly and even after really light injuries

Spartan    1229

Maybe add the shaking thing. You know when it doesn't show you the cold status but your hands are shaking so much. I always fix it by wearing a raincoat and sitting next to a fire for a while.

tnkydoe    14

Im dyslectic, really badly too so yeah... sorry for that one.

Updated thread with the solution to this and simulair problems

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-what-is-going-on

now its an health issuehowever a while back you could get it randomly and even after really light injuries

No problem bud. If you need help proof reading or checking for spelling errors just let me know.

Future    31

Also, if you would like to add this to the list; as I've had numerous people have this problem. Or at least I've seen.

Cursor disappears in-game;

Disabling overwolf fixes this problem. The problem doesn't always occur right away, but over time. You'll be missing your cursor, and in those dire times you may need it and it's gone.. It could be the meaning between life and death.

Figured I'd contribute!

Ghost of Levi    8

Maybe add the shaking thing. You know when it doesn't show you the cold status but your hands are shaking so much. I always fix it by wearing a raincoat and sitting next to a fire for a while.

Added this.

-snip-

That would be really awsome yeah thanks!

Cursor disappears in-game;

Added this

Sign in to follow this