Server time: 2017-08-17, 07:53

Sign in to follow this  
Majoo

What do you think is the best gear for basic survior ?

Majoo    638

Hey guys as i write in the title what do you think is the best gear set for some basic survior ?

Kronos    1

It depends what type of background your character has and what they did in the past. Food and water are the most important resources to have.

Basic basic, I would say, plenty of food and a couple melee weapons. Maybe a gun with a couple of bullets, and some ragged clothes

Runnerx8    0

Weapon based on your preference

Medkit supplies are up in the air till diseases become a threat.

Minimal supplies to keep hydrated and energized include:

Bladed tool to open cans, gut animals/humans, craft arrows.

Water container

Seeds and gardening tool

Matches

Cook pot/frying pan

Pickaxe or cook tripod

Just my opinion.

Starf1sh    0

Axe/hammer, sawed off shotgun and an improvised backpack. Magnum is very optimal in case you need to drop the backpack at some point...

Merrick    0

As I am doing now, it is: Backpack, food, water, knife, hatchet, fireaxe and a pistol.

Shephard7    0

I would say backpack, axe, rags/bandages, good amount of food and water, magnum or shotgun or repeater, and a knife. Any clothes you can find. Sunglasses just for fashion lol.

Some sort of gun (depends on your character's preference)

Melee weapon (preferably an axe)

Tons of surplus food and water for emergencies

Rags and bandages for when you start bleeding.

Backpack to store extra loot

Jacket

Cargo pants

Boots

Hat and sunglasses for fashion

Basic guns if any, shotgun blaze mozin

Crafted bag and vest

Basic clothing

Dont carry tons of food there always a ton around craft a stone knife to open tins and fruit for seeds skin animals can even get sticks with a stone knife

Starf1sh    0

Crafted bag and vest

Basic clothing

Dont carry tons of food there always a ton around craft a stone knife to open tins and fruit for seeds skin animals can even get sticks with a stone knife

I have tried crafting a stone knife several patches but it always seem bugged. Can you share some tips?

Crafted bag and vest

Basic clothing

I have tried crafting a stone knife several patches but it always seem bugged. Can you share some tips?

Im not sure if a tip but I guess you have found a stone? A small one from of ground not from a rock what you mine? if so place in your hand and look at floor and select from mouse wheel some time it not work I know as knife vanish for me try make your knife by a flat looking slab on ground there a vid on you tube tink WOBO made it he show what to look for hope that helps :)

I am playing as that basic survivor and I have a few suggestion.I have a variety of T-shirts in my back but I usually wear a black one with a hunting backpack.I have no weapons one my back whatsoever, but I have a small hatchet and a pistol in case of emergencies.Rather then that a have a blue sweater and a rain coat, as sometimes it can get really cold.

If you don't have any idea what to wear think about what clothing do you choose when going out to meet some friends from example.There are a variety of clothing IG that you can try.

For a more armored survivor, I would say get all which people recommended, but then get yourself a PRESS vest, and a ballistic helmet in black, but keep the helmet in your backpack until it is needed. I mean, with everyone carrying something hot and flashy, it is best to protect yourself, yes?

Double H    0

I think there are two basic ways to go at the beginning.

Be what i would call a “Looter”- You just go from town to town scavenging, you stick to road and signs. You will mainly eat cans with food and some canned soda (Or you can fill water bottle in the well).

Equipment you will need: Can Opener, found backpack, medkit, melee weapon, silent firearms (soon zombies will be real threat, for a man who shoots his gun in cities. You can make a improvised silencer from water bottle and a duct tape).

Or you can be a “Vagabond”- You live in the woods, you don’t care about the looting, because you just don’t have to.

At the beginning you need to find: Axe, Compass, map(opptional), Cooking Tripod(optional), cooking pot, matches, 2x rope, canteen, rags, garden lime, leather sewing kit.

Once you find that stuff you are self-sufficient. You can make leather cloths, make a fireplace and cook meet. You can make an improvised backpack, and a bow.

I think there are two basic ways to go at the beginning.

Be what i would call a “Looter”- You just go from town to town scavenging, you stick to road and signs. You will mainly eat cans with food and some canned soda (Or you can fill water bottle in the well).

Equipment you will need: Can Opener, found backpack, medkit, melee weapon, silent firearms (soon zombies will be real threat, for a man who shoots his gun in cities. You can make a improvised silencer from water bottle and a duct tape).

Or you can be a “Vagabond”- You live in the woods, you don’t care about the looting, because you just don’t have to.

At the beginning you need to find: Axe, Compass, map(opptional), Cooking Tripod(optional), cooking pot, matches, 2x rope, canteen, rags, garden lime, leather sewing kit.

Once you find that stuff you are self-sufficient. You can make leather cloths, make a fireplace and cook meet. You can make an improvised backpack, and a bow.

Or you can be both.

Basoon    15

Although I would stay away from super military clothes, I disagree when most people say to carry a simple gun. I am a civilian but I know if it were the a zombie apocalypse I would not turn down a machine gun for a damn sks.

Zero    276

Clothing : Beige balaclava, green raincoat, green vest of any kind, hunting backpack, black gloves, beige or black cargos, and military or hiking boots.

Weapons : AK wooden assault rifle, sawed off shotgun, revolver. (Sometimes I'll throw in a crossbow if I can find the bolts.)

Carry around three magazines, one in the rifle, perhaps two. With only a handful of loose ammunition. A few cans of food, a water bottle, a can opener, perhaps a knife. A few bandages.

It looks like a survivor who was a prepper before the outbreak, which I kind of like, some others like to go more simplistic, but I like it.

Davos    5

All you need is an axe, a backpack, and a canteen/water bottle. Everything else is ascetic. If you don't have anything worth stealing, then they won't steal anything when you are robbed.

Keep a minimum amount of food and supplies. Want to get crazy? Carry a derringer and some ammo just in case there are multiple zombies or an assailant determined to kill you.

If you are playing a survivalist, then I would suggest a low hanging backpack, a vest of some sort, probably a high capacity, military boots or wellies, a green raincoat that is worn, and an assault rifle. SKS works, but an ak with a few mags, and plenty of ammo works better.

zoyo    64

Best kit right now for PVE survival right now (excluding farming), in my opinion would be:

1. Hatchet

2. Hunting Knife

3. Matches

4. Frying Pan

5. Rags

6. Canteen

7. Mosin (the Mosin can be replaced with another rifle but the ammo is easy to find and you can fit a scope to it so it is good for hunting and gives you the option to not have to carry binoculars.)

My all time favourite look is probably this:

Brown hunting pants

A beanie preferably black or green

Maybe a face bandanna.

A hoodie in Black/Grey

Aviators or glasses with thick frames.

As for equipment a sharp knife to get meat from animals, matches for fire a weapon to actually hunt with, unless I decide to make a fishing rod.

improvised bag, Raincoat, hunter/cargo Pants, water bottle, Can opener/knife, hatchet or splitting axe, and any guns you can take tbh and never forget a helmet.

Guest TimoSandroD   
Guest TimoSandroD

I think like a shotgun or sniper gun for like huntig and stuff and just some regular clothes like raincoat and a hunting pants with like a mountain backpack

gather something like a checkered shirt some jeans a small talon back pack some matches one first aid kit a road flare a small caliber rifle like a trumpet a pair of binoculars 2 boxes of ammo a baseball cap and a splitting axe and fill the rest with food and water I say.