Server time: 2017-10-22, 12:03
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest pinkieseb

BadRP Robbery

Question

Guest pinkieseb   
Guest pinkieseb

I recently got reported for BadRP during a robbery. Its because I walked into a room with the guy and closed the door then got him to drop his weapons and face the wall while I went through his stuff. Then his friend asked him "Why are you taking so long" and I got him to act like everything was fine and he did.

I understand how the "Drop your weapons or die" is kinda bad RP for a robbery. But whats a good way to rob someone? My character robs people for the thrill of it and to get a large supply of food and water.

Thankies :D

6 answers to this question

Vandy    34

As you are stating it, your reasons for robbing someone is badrp on it's own already. Don't go robbing everyone you see just for the thrills of it!

A good robbery gives the hostages good roleplay. Running up to someone aksing "Are you alone? Put your hands up" has been done a billion of times. Take your time, make it original, make it worth being robbed.

But like I aid, just robbing because of the thrills you get is not done!

Guest Biggie   
Guest Biggie

Instead of making it a robbery why not just overlook the gear and focus more on the roleplay? sure take their gun away and make sure that they cannot harm you during the scenario but always focus on the roleplay with your victim, make sure you have a valid reason to initiate on the person instead of just wanting gear.

My advice would be if you want to rob someone for their gear don't bother at all because your mindset is clearly set on their gear and not on the roleplay.

Jm Von Cat    154

Uhh I would argue that your reasons for Robbery are invalid... for the thrill of it? realy? And to gather and excess of food and water... Yea nah.

If that's how you work i personally dont want to ever run into you.

You know, cus my little harmless character who would have offered you help would be robbed for the "Thrill"

Guest pinkieseb   
Guest pinkieseb

As you are stating it, your reasons for robbing someone is badrp on it's own already. Don't go robbing everyone you see just for the thrills of it!

A good robbery gives the hostages good roleplay. Running up to someone aksing "Are you alone? Put your hands up" has been done a billion of times. Take your time, make it original, make it worth being robbed.

But like I aid, just robbing because of the thrills you get is not done!

Example of taking my time to rob someone?

Uhh I would argue that your reasons for Robbery are invalid... for the thrill of it? realy? And to gather and excess of food and water... Yea nah.

If that's how you work i personally dont want to ever run into you.

You know, cus my little harmless character who would have offered you help would be robbed for the "Thrill"

And your character would end up without maybe a weapon attachment xD My character never steals much..

Instead of making it a robbery why not just overlook the gear and focus more on the roleplay? sure take their gun away and make sure that they cannot harm you during the scenario but always focus on the roleplay with your victim, make sure you have a valid reason to initiate on the person instead of just wanting gear.

My advice would be if you want to rob someone for their gear don't bother at all because your mindset is clearly set on their gear and not on the roleplay.

I dont just initiate for the gear, I'm more likely to steal more things from people I dislike and if someones a good guy that seemed alright I wont take much. Normally I'll make them walk into a room and Ill handcuff them and lock the doors etc. But if their friends are around I want it to be quick

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

If you have no experience on how to be a DAYZRP bandit then don't be.

Instead of dropeverything2sex initiation try to use your imagination, if you can't think of anything else then: "Oh I'm just here for the thrill of it m8" then you might as well just stop trying being a bandit.

Vandy    34

Seeing this has been left open for more 72 hours I am going ahead and

/solve this.

The question has been answerred: Don't just rob someone for the thrill of it. It does not make any sense at all.

Being a bandit gives you allot of responsabilities. One of the mis providing good rp. And this isn't done in just a few minutes. Make it worthwile for the hostage to be robbed, or to experience this situation. Just getting robbed because you wear one certain type of gear is dull.