Server time: 2017-08-22, 13:07

Sign in to follow this  
Elias Kane

Issues Launching DayZ

Question

Elias Kane    0

So i've been playing DayZ for some time now. I've logged about 306 hours. Suddenly and for some reason, each time i try and launch DayZ SA, i get the "preparing to launch" screen and then it just goes away and DayZ never launches. This started about a month ago and i found a fix which was, restarting steam and running it as admin. But now that does not even seem to be a factor. Any input out there?

5 answers to this question

Guest pinkieseb   
Guest pinkieseb

Go straight to your .exe and run that as admin.. if that doesnt work right click on it and hit "troubleshooting options" or something like that. If it still doesnt work do that to steam.exe

Elias Kane    0

So i went into My Steam folder, and found DayZ.exe and simply ran it. (It gave me no option to run as admin) Though i could see there was a little windows firewall shield thing upon the icon, and when i did so i was prompted if i wanted to run DayZ. Which is something i've never had to do while running Steam itself as admin. Anyways this has seemed to solved my problem of not being able to Launch DayZ, for the moment.

DeadKiller    0

Well then I am going yo solve this for now then. If the problem comes back let me know and I will unsolve it.

/solved