Server time: 2017-08-16, 15:24

Sign in to follow this  
dafunk102

[Application] Need assistance on error

Question

dafunk102    2

Hey guys!

I have just recently been declined for my second application, and I believe it's the three strikes your out rule here. So I just wanted a little help to make my chances of getting in a little better. I was declined for "You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about group KoS rights sharing. "

Here is what I wrote:

Killing on sight is when you see a random player and shoot them for no reason other than wanting their gear or for the fun. Killing on sight in DayZRP must always be justified with a valid reason. If you are going to commit hostile acts towards another player you must confront them and announce that you have malicious intentions. Rules for the attacker is, when having a player as a hostage you must make every direction clear and can only damage the player if they fail to comply or pose as a threat. You must also ensure that the hostage is kept safe and healthy, this means that you must keep them fed, alive, and safe from zombies, you also must allow the hostages for a realistic chance of survival. Now here are some general facts: if you are not sure who a certain player is confirm their identity to avoid a KoS, another thing is when attacking vehicles you must use voice and text communication to prevent any mis happens or misunderstandings. When can I use KoS? You may only have KoS rights if you are 500m near the hostile situation or you are involved with either party or if you want to take revenge you must only do it within 2 hours from the time you were assaulted. What should I not do? You should not kill a player if you are uncertain of their identity, leave your hostage with a slim survival chance, bait players for revenge, and not confront the target or be clear with directions. Here is an example: Let's say I hold you up, I must state my intentions, Give good and clear directions, keep you fed and safe, leave you with a realistic chance of survival. What you can do is, decide to run or attack, follow my directions and wait till you are free to take revenge in your 2 hour time period.

I am not sure on what needs to be fixed or added, I am also confused about group KoS rights.

7 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

When can I use KoS? You may only have KoS rights if you are 500m near the hostile situation or you are involved with either party or if you want to take revenge you must only do it within 2 hours from the time you were assaulted.

Take a look at the red word first.

-

Next off, the sentence you wrote above shows you trying to explain when you have KoS; and when your allies have KoS in the same sentence. You need to separate the explanations.

This is for the sharing of KoS rights with others:

4eacff9642b969d6ac1fda397f481b71.png

This is when your directly involved and receive KoS:

3fb94369f58e5cc360a9b78a2542ef05.png

dafunk102    2

When can I use KoS? You may only have KoS rights if you are 500m near the hostile situation or you are involved with either party or if you want to take revenge you must only do it within 2 hours from the time you were assaulted.

Take a look at the red word first.

-

Next off, the sentence you wrote above shows you trying to explain when you have KoS; and when your allies have KoS in the same sentence. You need to separate the explanations.

This is for the sharing of KoS rights with others:

4eacff9642b969d6ac1fda397f481b71.png

This is when your directly involved and receive KoS:

3fb94369f58e5cc360a9b78a2542ef05.png

Hi! Thank you for the feedback on my thread. I will make the corrections you have suggested and post the edited version. I appreciate the help you have given me in such a quick manner. I will most likely post the revised version tomorrow. Thanks!

Should someone mark this as solved? Or do you have any more questions? Before you reply, you could hop into teamspeak and ask a few questions to make sure you really understand the rules. It helped me out alot!

Hey DaFunk, Thank you for the PM I have looked over your whitelist and replied with what I personally feel you need to amend,

I would recommend posting the full application here before you resubmit the whitelist, there are a lot of very helpful people who will be more than happy to help myself included.

I will mark this thread as solved when we have the outcome from your final application.

dafunk102    2

NLR RULE

The "New Life Rule" states that if a player dies they lose all and any knowledge about their death and the events that led up to it but they still have knowledge about any person, friend, or enemy before that event. Here are some things you can not do when you respawn, you are not allowed to return to the area of your death which means you are not allowed to go a 1km radius near the event. You may return to the area of your death after the minimum of 90 minutes have passed by, even if there is a server restart you may not return there until the 90 minutes from your death has passed by. You can not mess with your body or any other player's bodies that have led to your death. Also when you die you can not tell your friends where you were killed and who killed you. Another thing when you die is you can not get revenge on something that happened to you before your death, it includes but does not limit the person or group that kills you. Now what you have the right to after you die is, any person or enemy you've met before your death is still remembered and you still have the knowledge of your friends. So let's say for example you were killed in elektro, you still know anyone you've met before you died and your friends. You can not go near 1km of elektro before the 90 minutes minimum has passed nor can you go find someone who did a hostile act to you and take revenge for it.

KoS

Killing on sight is when you see a random player and shoot them for no reason other than wanting their gear or for the fun. Killing on sight in DayZRP must always be justified with a valid reason. If you are going to commit hostile acts towards another player you must confront them and announce that you have malicious intentions.

Rules for the attacker is, when having a player as a hostage you must make every direction clear and can only damage the player if they fail to comply or pose as a threat. You must also ensure that the hostage is kept safe and healthy, this means that you must keep them fed, alive, and safe from zombies, you also must allow the hostages for a realistic chance of survival.

Now here are some general facts: if you are not sure who a certain player is confirm their identity to avoid a KoS, another thing is when attacking vehicles you must use voice and text communication to prevent any mis happens or misunderstandings.

When can I use KoS? You may only have KoS rights if you are 500m near the hostile situation. If you are part of the group that is being attacked with hostile force you have KoS rights. If you yourself was just violated you have 2 hours from the time of the event to take revenge, but it may not conflict with other rules.

What should I not do? If you see a player who you think is your target but unsure about it, you should not take shot based off assumption as he could be a different person. You always want to confirm your target before committing any hostile acts. You should also not leave your hostage with a slim survival chance such as: hungry. thirsty, cold, broken limbs, and bleeding. You also can not bait players into revenge, this means tricking a player or having them follow you into a trap.

Here is an example: Let's say I hold you up, I must state my intentions, Give good and clear directions, keep you fed and safe, leave you with a realistic chance of survival. What you can do is, decide to run or attack, follow my directions and wait till you are free to take revenge in your 2 hour time period. One other thing is when you are holding a player hostage you should not be giving unclear directions or directions that are very confusing.

[/color]Background

Hello my name is Aaron West and this is my story,

I was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania of the United States Of America on July 25th, 1978. I grew up with a normal life and went to a wilderness college to learn more about the outdoor life and how to survive. After that I got a job at a local camp ground to teach lessons about the wildlife and how to survive, the job was great and everything was fine until 9/11 happened. The whole country itself was shocked and wanted answers, so did I. After 9/11 I went to my nearest recruiter and enlisted into the US Army. I went active duty for a few years and did my part. After seeing what I saw on tour I decided to join the Officer Candidate School. After that I became a Civil Affairs Officer and did my duties. On September 19th, 2009 I was asked to help US Marines in Chernarus. I deployed and was stationed at Mount Klen, there I helped Marine Officers coordinate operations with the local police departments and citizens. I was there for it all even the end of the conflict. A few years later the US Army was sent to Takistan to solve the problems with the Takastani government, I was also deployed in Takistan for one tour then took my break. In July 25th, 2014 I was asked to return to Chernarus with the United Nations Peace Keeping Force to aid in local towns as I once had before. I agreed and joined. On October 21st I was given orders to help the UN in controlling the civilians in the local area because there had been some sort of outbreak. Days went by where I had not slept for long or at all I was reassigned to many different places due to the infection spreading. The last place I was assigned was Elektro. There I was giving directions to local police on what to defend and look out for when we heard an explosion, a plane had crashed in Cherno and it was chaos over there. I told the police officers to be ready for the worst when one of the Red Cross nurses screamed, I looked over to her being ripped apart by some inhumane thing. I ordered the officers to contain the situation when out of no where a herd of those things came in from the hill. Everyone in every direction was being slaughtered and I did not know what to do. The UN soldiers asked for directions but I froze and just ran as far as I could trying to save myself from this nightmare when I tripped and hit my head. I woke up a few hours later seeing the cities were on fire and screams of the innocent. I took cover in a shed near a dam and just sat there for hours waiting for it to stop. I don't think it ever stopped. Now I wander hoping to find other survivors or redeem myself for being the coward I was at the time. I should have died but now i believe I lived to save others and spread my knowledge on how to survive. My character is 37 years old and fit, although my character has a good background he has flaws. My character is not the best shot and is very trusting of others it almost had him kills one to many times. My character also may not make the best decisions under stress.

Why I want to join

I want to join DayZ RP because, I have been a longtime DayZ player. When the mod first came out I loved the game but felt it was missing something. it was missing the real "DayZ" aspect but when I heard about Rping I felt that I should give it a try. I rped on many DayZ servers which were okay. But when I heard about DayZ RP and saw videos about it I wanted to try it but the mod was already packed with players and I could not join. I took a break from DayZMod for a while and bought standalone last year. I felt that the standalone also needed a RP so I joined one about 4 months ago and it was alright but there was not enough players and events that I stopped playing DayZ SA. I came back to the game a month ago and found out there was a DayZ RP for SA so I decided to check it out and from watching youtube videos I am very eager to play. IRL I am 16 years old and really live in Philadelphia, I am told I am a funny person, but I think I am a very outgoing person who could get along with anyone. I like to play games such as Chivalry Medieval Warfare, Arma Series, Counter Strike, and the Fallout Series.

[/color]

Hey DaFunk. I have replied to the PM you have just sent me, there is still some details missing. please read the message and make these amendments. I will be glad to look over this again once completed.

Vandy    34

OP got whitelisted.

Therefore this question can be /solved