Server time: 2017-08-24, 08:48

Sign in to follow this  
Basoon

Requirements to start group

Basoon    15

I have not been here an extremely long time, but I already have noticed a trend that had changed from my earlier time on the servers to now.

It seems that there are a huge plethora of groups made up entirely of people who just joined within the past month.

I am not saying that new members are not capable of good RP, as I have had excellent RP with many newer members many times. All I am saying is that a lot of the newer unofficial groups I have ran into seem to be very troll-ish. I don't think that this comes from members wanting to troll or wanting to be jerks, but rather that they don't fully understand the community.

I know that I have learned volumes when it comes to the servers since I have joined, and many things I thought would be appropriate when I joined I now realize are not.

What I suggest is that the required time of being white listed be raised from 3 months, to 6 months. This would help ensure that these new members have a lot of time to grow their RP to match the community, and will ensure that see what kind of groups work and what kind don't.

Naz    20

I share your sentiment somewhat. In the end, it's up to veteran community members and the official groups to demonstrate good RP in action, and up to those inexperienced members to develop themselves.

This might not necessarily be a popular idea, especially so because it can be perceived as discriminatory toward newer members. I know of plenty newer members who are excellent RPers, and I believe it would be unfair to them to raise the requirement. If the situation were otherwise, I would wholeheartedly agree.

To address the problem, I think it is up to the community at large to give a critique of those unofficial groups' RP should they meet them in-game and give suggestions as to how they can improve if it seems troll-ish. That would be the first line of defense, so to speak.

Next, if they continue trolly behavior, it becomes a situation of record-and-report. Overall, I think there must be a way to deal with newer, inexperienced members without discriminating against those who are skilled RPers.

Brad    155

Honestly I think bad group ideas are going to come from everywhere and good ones will too. I just hit 3 months and feel that I could probably put down a pretty original group idea if I wanted to. I have read through lore I have met a lot of different people and I think that I would put forth some good ideas. Now at day 1 I probably wouldn't have been there so I agree with waiting for three months, but raising it any further. I don't think that's necessary and won't change much if anything at all.

As it is, it takes a lot to get a group approved and people have to work really hard at it. Restricting it even further could cause people with some good creativity to lose interest in it by the time they hit 6 months.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

6 months is quite a long time, I mean I have been here for almost 5 months and I have quite a grasp on the community and what they expect from us as community members.

The length is an arbitrary number. It's about the quality of the group itself. If there's going to be stricter criteria for starting a group - it should refer to the group's concept and quality. Not the join date of the creator.

I understand your position Dave/Basoon. But I don't think upping the join date is the way to go. If it were going to go beyond that, I'd say it would take form in limiting the amounts of certain types of groups: (eg. A limit of how many different official military, mentally unstable, bandit, hero-type, state organisation etc. there could be)

Chris    61

3 months is more than enough time in my opinion and I see no need for it to change.

^ This.