Server time: 2017-10-23, 09:55
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Use of public land marks? Cherno Airplane Crash, Berezino Freighter?

Zero    465

Hello, I was just wondering, what does the community think of the use of map landmarks such as the Cherno airplane crash, and the freighter off the coast?

I think it's awkward to hear someone whose a reporter say his airplane crashed into the hotel, then hear someone say he was a soldier who was in the same crash, the same applies for the freighter and perhaps other landmarks.

I kind of want to use the freighter as part of a back story, but I have heard of other groups using it as the same.

I didn't think this belonged in the questions section as it could be seen as a sort of DayZ RP debate of sorts.

Brad    158

Yeah i think it's a bit odd to use the landmarks, exactly for the reasons you've put forth. Could cause for some awkward moments because you never know who you are going to meet.

There are a couple of trashed boats around Chenarus, my advice if you are going to use the boat thing, just say it sunk to the bottom of the ocean and you paddled to shore on a piece of wreckage.

--Or use it as you were a stowaway on the freighter so that people may not have known you were in there, only trouble with that is if someone says they were on it ____ and you say It crashed _____ nd they dont match up....TWILIGHT ZONE

I would love to see that history behind these places will be forced in lore.

Naz    19

I think this would be the best route to deal with the situation, in addition to making the Lore mandatory reading somehow. If players indeed wish to utilize the landmarks as part of their background, then it will be just like creating the backstory itself - it has to go along with the Lore.

Vandy    34

This is actually a splendid idea.

Summoning Tomeran!

Zero    465

Summoning Tomeran!

Make it so!

Jm Von Cat    154

Summoning Tomeran!

Make it so!

The plane crash is put in the Lore, it crashed into the UN HQ in the international Hotel.

Riffy is a old shipwreck from before the outbreak. So using it dose not work. I would say the same for the one of Skalisty.

Thats what i know :P

Gick Rhymes    0

Yeah I met someone and they told me that they got here in the Cherno plane crash, and I was also using that, so when he asked me my backstory, I had to make up something else to not cause a confusion. That's when I decided to not use those things anymore.

Layhe Smith    2

This is kind of off topic but, the plane is headed east away from the Balota (Correct me if I'm Wrong) airstrip so "coming" in the plane wouldn't really work because the plane was leaving.

Gick Rhymes    0

This is kind of off topic but, the plane is headed east away from the Balota (Correct me if I'm Wrong) airstrip so "coming" in the plane wouldn't really work because the plane was leaving.

You could say it was just refueling there, and didn't come from Chernaraus in the first place.

Layhe Smith    2

Yeah you could use that as an answer. Only other people may not have the same story about the plane.

Gick Rhymes    0

Yeah you could use that as an answer. Only other people may not have the same story about the plane.

Yeah, it's probably best to not use big landmarks as part of your RP. I use towns and stuff as my back story, as they're not a single event, but single events are always risky.

Layhe Smith    2

Yeah, it's probably best to not use big landmarks as part of your RP. I use towns and stuff as my back story, as they're not a single event, but single events are always risky.

Yep, probably not a good idea. And using towns is a smart idea.

I used the crashed freighter in my application but for this reason i'm going to say the boat sunk off coast, thanks for pointing this fact out!

AKm    0

Yeah, I once heard a guy say he crashed the plane on purpose, and that the second pilot nearly died, so he injected Morphine in his leg. Then he tried to flee the country in Rify and stranded it.

It didn't feel as good roleplay.

I honestly think that the major landmarks, aside from heli crashes, as there are so many of them, are too broad to use as backstory. The only time I used the plane was to say I was in the hotel on vacation when it crashed, not on the plane itself.

Gick Rhymes    0

Yeah, I once heard a guy say he crashed the plane on purpose, and that the second pilot nearly died, so he injected Morphine in his leg. Then he tried to flee the country in Rify and stranded it.

It didn't feel as good roleplay.

It's always worse when they say that they caused it, or they were a major part of it. It's just bad role play, and can seem kind of lazy.