Server time: 2017-08-24, 03:05

Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine

Can you abandon victims with broken legs?

Question

Sunshine    37

I haven't done this or had this done to me. But is it allowed? It's common on public servers. Or does it conflict with the take care of hostages rule? Can I feed them, water them, break their legs and leave them?

16 answers to this question

It conflicts with the hostage care rule.

Owen    13

You need to leave them with a chance of survival. I doubt they will go far with a broken leg.

Pouyon    0

i would say if you do this you should leave a morphine or splint somewhere near by to maybe give you some time to get away before they use it and tell them your dropping it near by but im not sure if that is allowed.

Davos    5
Those who control the freedom of their victim(s) must do everything in their power to keep their victim(s) alive and in relatively good health, unless they have good in character reason to execute their victim(s). Otherwise the victim(s) may only be executed by the bandits if they do not comply with demands or if they pose a direct threat to them.

Those who control the freedom of their victims must do EVERYTHING in their power to keep their victims ALIVE and in RELATIVELY GOOD HEALTH.

Broken legs are not relatively good health. You would be abandoning someone, who especially disarmed and without equipment could not splint themselves. So no, you cannot. If they are wounded or being held for a long time, they should be bandaged as well as fed food and water to keep them alive.

Brad    155

I haven't done this or had this done to me. But is it allowed? It's common on public servers. Or does it conflict with the take care of hostages rule? Can I feed them, water them, break their legs and leave them?

Make them a splint or if you have morphine leave them with it at least. Give them the means to carry on.

At the end of the day, everyone needs to enjoy the RP, and crawling around a town, potentially filled with flesh eating zombies...

not so fun.

Davos    5

So it's not a definite no? What if I leave them near a town?

They need to be able to walk away and survive. You can't fight off attacking zombies with broken legs and no gun.

Sunshine    37

Make them a splint or if you have morphine leave them with it at least. Give them the means to carry on.

At the end of the day, everyone needs to enjoy the RP, and crawling around a town, potentially filled with flesh eating zombies...

not so fun.

Totally true. Thank you for your response.

Rifleman    14

So it's not a definite no? What if I leave them near a town?

There is no guarantee that there is morphine or sticks and rags - and also they're not going to be in a good situation with zombies and broken legs too. You always have to leave released hostages with a decent chance of survival - broken legs are not acceptable for the case of a hostage surviving long after you release them.

DeadKiller    0

I would go with no. As it has been stated by several others there chance of survival it very low.

8300bd51f5.png

Does this answer your question?

I'd only suggest leaving them in that condition if you also leave them the means to rectify their condition.

Example: you break a hostage's legs with a bat and put a splint in a room over or so. You tell him to stay in his current room until five minutes have passed, then you leave. He has a chance of surviving as such.

If they are in a room when you leave them so they aren't attacked by zombies and put a splint or morphine next to them for when they break out, you could probably leave them like that.

In the mod days you would have to leave a stick of morphine at max 100m down the road. However given the instability of the servers crashing at random you cannot do that. If you are going to break someone's legs it better be a very very damn good reason meaning they robbed you multiple times or you have previous hostilities. Still you need to patch them back up. You ruin the fun of the victim when they are left to crawl around for a long period of time. I doubt you would enjoy it. So until servers are stable where they don't randomly crash they need I would advise not breaking legs and leaving.

If they are in a room when you leave them so they aren't attacked by zombies and put a splint or morphine next to them for when they break out, you could probably leave them like that.

If server crashes then of course this will pose a problem. Until servers are stable, as stated above I wouldn't get into this habit.