Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:16
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
thomfur

Roleplay way to talk about connection/disconnection

thomfur    0

Hello,

I am new to DayzRP and I recently was in a situation where I didnt know what to say. There was a gunfight which had just happened and I wasnt on the server so when I was asked about it I didnt know what to say. I also didnt know how to tell him that I had to leave the server. What should I say in those situations?

thomfur    0

Sorry I realise my grammar was incorrect which changed the meaning. I have edited it so it is now correct

Brad    158

Hello,

I am new to DayzRP and I recently was in a situation where I didnt know what to say. There was a gunfight which had just happened and I wasnt on the server so when I was asked about it I didnt know what to say. I also didnt know how to tell him that I had to leave the server. What should I say in those situations?

If an event happened and you weren't around for the events, just say "sorry I wasn't around when it happened" or even if you have to "I was asleep, don't know what happened" (although this excuse is fairly over used)

when you have to leave a server just tell someone that you need to rest and need to leave. If it is a hold up situation you can type in the text box, //I have to go sorry, but this is more for emergency situations when you cannot easily explain your absence.

Always try to roleplay it out, and then say I have to rest, but if you must OOC chat in the textbox is not forbidden. OOC voice chat should be avoided at all costs.

Brad    158

Ok thanks :)

no problem, good luck out there! Any other questions don't be afraid to ask or look for a community helper in teamspeak (usually the helpdesk!)

I don't know what happened.

Or anything along those lines. If it's in a situation like a gunfight or hostage scenario - there has to be a silent agreement of just waiting for it to pass, let people reconnect and then resume.

If nobody mentions it or abuses it, it's not an issue to RP. You might say one or two lines about not knowing what happened, passing out etc. But beyond that it shouldn't matter enough to warrant a whole conversation.

However if I'm talking to 1 or 2 people casually; I might say something along the lines of:

1. Sorry, did you say anything? I was daydreaming etc.
  2. I think... I just blacked out (normal conservation resumes)
  3. Not mention it at all