Server time: 2017-08-23, 08:18

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Pestrof_dereal

snaploader change

as we know we got snaploader for mosin, shutgun and mangum, but a small thing hit me...

well that small item that is the snaploader, that thing u put your ammo in so u dont have to reload 1 shot at the time, u dont put that in the gun, u just store the shots in it then insert the shot in the rifle/gun and pull out the "snap", u mabe thorw it away or u can use it again,

But in dayz u put the hole loading mekanism in the gun/rifle, look at the K98 or M1 ground, u have the shot in a store (snaploader) u attach the snap to the rifle, insert the shot and pull it out, same with mangum, u insert the snap witht the shots then pull the snap out, so why not this in dayz?

u got the snaploader with shots, drag it to the gun, insert the snap, gun loads and the snap returns back to your inventory. simple.

Brad    155

Yeah right now they basically just act as magazines, maybe one day the developers will make them work the way they are intended. Hopefully without any strange bugs lol

drewhinny    0

Yea I've noticed that as well. The game is what it is, I still love it. Like Hitt said maybe one day...

Davos    5

I think it was just a simpler way to design it, coding and animation wise. Like Brad said, I imagine that it is pretty much considered a magazine for the purpose of game mechanics.

Perhaps this is something they might work on later? It is alpha after all.

Basoon    15

Just to clarify, don't store your snaploader in your gun, if you do it is worthless. As of now, since they act like mags, always store regular ammo in your gun and your snaploader in your backpack, then you need a quick reload it is available.

Geo321    0

That is true... I've noticed that as well. The snap loader just kinda stays inside the gun.

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

One word.

Alpha.

Zero    285

I've noticed clips for the rifles don't even serve a purpose, except for the CR rifle.

I've noticed clips for the rifles don't even serve a purpose, except for the CR rifle.

It's been clarified they exist to let you speedload (Hit R/Reload key) to reload rifles and weapons that would otherwise require you to drag the ammo into them from your inventory.

Press R / whatever you have bound to reload

vs.

Hitting tab, locating ammo and dragging it to the weapon. (The inventory screen obscures a lot of vision.)

ONIC    0

They have that for the SKS only at the moment.