Server time: 2017-08-24, 05:14

Sign in to follow this  
Ephelizard

Application bit feedback required

Question

Ephelizard    0

My application was rejected because "You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about complying hostages."

I've been wondering what I got wrong and looked at the forum a little bit but couldn't find anything that could help me.

This was my second attempt and I'd like to not screw it up.

This was the short section I dedicated to hostages rules:

-snip-

6 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

-snip-

First off, you can't execute a hostage just because the roleplay is justified.

a9936eacdb48bfd4d6d49eff5e9b18ce.png

You have to have a proper IC reason to do so, like if they committed multiple hostile actions (like robbing you) multiple times or so. Also, if the person doesn't actually know where his friends are, your kinda forcing something onto him, so thats not really a valid reason to execute.

Ephelizard    0

I guess I explained it poorly then.

In the rules it says

"Bandits have a duty of care to their victim(s) unless execution is justified and role-played"

But to what extend can an execution be justified?

If, for example, I'm asking someone to drop their hat and they refuse. Do I have the right to kill them because they refused to comply?

"Otherwise the victim(s) may only be executed by the bandits if they do not comply with demands or if they pose a direct threat to them."

I would have the right to kill them it seems. Also justified by my character's RP, who's a hat collector.

Could you personally justify robbing and killing a person simply for a hat ? This is a roleplay server and I personally feel killing someone for a hat is very poor. The situation could be very easily role played, for your next whitelist application I would try a few different examples for your KOS

Ephelizard    0

The hat thing is just an example, but it makes me wonder if I am still allowed to do it.

There's no mention of good or bad roleplay in the KoS rules. There could be a hundred reasons as to why I'd want to kill someone who wears a certain hat. For example if I'd want nobody to wear red gear because only my RP gang wears red or something like that, it could be seen as a good enough reason by some or not for others, it's a subjective thing.

I don't think that any of that matters when it comes to the reason as to why I created this thread. From reading the KoS rules, this example should be legal and I am asking if it really is.

I'm saying this because the rules states "Otherwise the victim(s) may only be executed by the bandits if they do not comply with demands >OR< if they pose a direct threat to them."

I don't know if the seriousness of the demand is something to consider when it comes to the rule. As ridiculous or serious as it could be, are you allowed to do it? Even if it seems like a bad/strange roleplay choice.

Of course I understand that killing someone for a minor thing like this is ridiculous and I'm assuming that it should be avoided as much as possible, but again there doesn't seem to be any rules against it.

Could I still do it?

Ghost of Levi    8
I don't know if the seriousness of the demand is something to consider when it comes to the rule.

The seriouseness of the demand is definitly something to be considered when stating something, it would be unlogical to go around killing people for as simple as an hat.

you have to take Ruleplay into consideration when doing these things, becouse something that is allowed is not always realistic. and something that isnt realistic can be considered bad rp.

If you have more questions about this feel free to PM me or join the helpdesk.

/solving

Ephelizard    0

Okay. I just wanted to be as certain as I can about this before writing my next application.

Thanks for the tips, I'll remember to use common sense.