Server time: 2017-08-20, 02:26

Sign in to follow this  
Heaser

Player Feedback

Heaser    1

Hello,

My suggestion is to create a stickied or directory that would use a hub for players RP feedback.

Let's say I made new character, It has it's traits and merits, and I have met some people with this character, I think it would be good if I could later on present my character in such a thread to get RP feedback (Not whether you had fun or not), But proper RP feedback as in "Was the character consistent in it's behaviour?", "Was it believable?" ect.

A place where players can introduce which characters they played, And if anyone who met them, Could please tell them how to improve, or which parts they think they did well.

Thank you for listening, I'd like to hear what the community thinks of that.

Heaser    1

hmmm donno could be used to troll

Anything could be used to troll,

then maybe make sure only whitelisted players can responsd to a feedback inquiry.

Red    139

This has been suggested before.

The reason why I didn't got through was because it would set people up for flaming etc.

I personally wouldn't mind the thread but I doubt that there'd be much desire for it.

Heaser    1

This has been suggested before.

The reason why I didn't got through was because it would set people up for flaming etc.

I personally wouldn't mind the thread but I doubt that there'd be much desire for it.

The idea is for people to request feedback on their RP, Not criticise anyone they met, This means that anyone who requests feedback needs to be aware that what you'll be hearing from the people who played with you won't always be nice.

I'm not talking about a place where someone can explain why they "did something", I'm talking about a place where someone tries to figure out how he can "do something" better next time.

The best thing to do is to use this THREAD if you enjoyed someone's RP. If you feel that your RP experience was sub-par you can find them on TS or PM them. However, it should only be CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and not flaming.

Heaser    1

The best thing to do is to use this THREAD if you enjoyed someone's RP. If you feel that your RP experience was sub-par you can find them on TS or PM them. However, it should only be CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and not flaming.

I agree that thread is great, But that threads refers to people's enjoyment, it doesn't touch of improvement of the RP of players.

In regards to going on TS if you feel your RP experience was sub-par has two major issues.

1) Not everyone uses TS, (I don't).

2) People who finish playing don't stay in the same room they were on TS, so it's hard to find them.

And again, I'm not looking for a place where people say "X should improve his RP because he did Y".

I'm suggesting a place where you say "Hello, My name X, If anyone has met me in game, Could you please tell me what you liked about my RP, If in your opinion what Y could I do to improve next time".

Where people can respond to this, No everyone gets the feedback, Only people who ask for it, Because they want to improve.

Ghost of Levi    8

Heaser    1

Similar to this, But in this post you have a player writing about his encounters with other players and what he thinks about those players.

Player who never actually requested any type of feedback.

I am suggesting a thread where I would tell about my character, And ask anyone who has met my character to give feedback on it.

In that post you are offering feedback to people who never asked for it.

My idea is for the user to request the feedback, That way, You know I'm reading the feedback plus I am a lot prone to take it in a negative way, Because I want to improve.

Moxy    19

Similar to this, But in this post you have a player writing about his encounters with other players and what he thinks about those players.

Player who never actually requested any type of feedback.

I am suggesting a thread where I would tell about my character, And ask anyone who has met my character to give feedback on it.

In that post you are offering feedback to people who never asked for it.

My idea is for the user to request the feedback, That way, You know I'm reading the feedback plus I am a lot prone to take it in a negative way, Because I want to improve.

just request it there?

Davos    5

If this is something that you would enjoy, you could always post updated information about your Lore from where you put your character background, and if they like they can search that thread and post it.

Continually updating your Lore is a great way to remember who you have met and what you have done.

I however feel, aside from the link Whiskey Tango provided, that sort of thing is left better of in PMs between players or through Steam.