Server time: 2017-08-23, 19:30

Sign in to follow this  
Guest pinkieseb

Warming up without fire?

Question

Guest pinkieseb   
Guest pinkieseb

As you probably know if your online right now its raining, hard. I swam over to the prison island earlier today and I was fine. But now with this rain I have the cold status and if I stop moving for about 30s I will get the freezing status. I have a sledge hammer and an AKM with no heatpacks or wood. Is there any way I can warm up enough to get back to mainland and hopefully find an axe for wood? Or should I just wait it out for the rain to stop and hopefully someone with an axe comes to the island.

13 answers to this question

To be completely frank here..... you are fucked.... hard. now dont cry as you sleep in on the cold floor...

Guest pinkieseb   
Guest pinkieseb

To be completely frank here..... you are fucked.... hard. now dont cry as you sleep in on the cold floor...

I've literally just logged out and Ill wait for the "MERICANS" to wake up and hopefully the prison guard group logs in :P They literally always have a fire somewhere, I can snuggle in with them...

I've literally just logged out and Ill wait for the "MERICANS" to wake up and hopefully the prison guard group logs in :P They literally always have a fire somewhere, I can snuggle in with them...

When you swim there next time, a pro tip is to carry or wear a raincoat, it will keep you pretty darn warm, and it wont get wet, so its top kek. other then that prepare for going over there with an hatchet in your backpack or something like that.

DerrickStorm    34

Staying indoors and sprinting can warm you up pretty good. Had few situations when I almost froze to death but trying out things that work in real life saved me ;)

Guest pinkieseb   
Guest pinkieseb

Staying indoors and sprinting can warm you up pretty good. Had few situations when I almost froze to death but trying out things that work in real life saved me ;)

I've being doing that for ages. Its stopping me from death, but I have to be constantly doing it. If I stop I start freezing.

When you swim there next time, a pro tip is to carry or wear a raincoat, it will keep you pretty darn warm, and it wont get wet, so its top kek. other then that prepare for going over there with an hatchet in your backpack or something like that.

I found a fire... I need matches... Some guy has tried setting up a camp or something, there was a fireplace and some farming land xD But yes, the hatchet is a good idea from now on.

Spartan    1027

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Temperature

i copied the important part:

You increase your body temperature by

Sit beside a Fireplace (very fast)

Wear extra clothing items and or Make sure your clothing items are dry.

Expose yourself to sunshine or Remaining inside buildings. (slow - moderate based on time of day\night)

Descend to lower altitudes

Moving (very slow, faster movement speed will neutralize loss)

Your body temperature will decrease when

Remove clothing items.

Expose yourself to rain. Take a dip in the sea, a lake or a pond - This makes your clothing items 'wet' or 'soaked' (fast)

You are outdoors at night (slow)

You are outdoors in a windy environment (slow)

hope it works!

Guest pinkieseb   
Guest pinkieseb

Expose yourself to sunshine or Remaining inside buildings. (slow - moderate based on time of day\night)

Remove clothing items.

Expose yourself to rain. Take a dip in the sea, a lake or a pond - This makes your clothing items 'wet' or 'soaked' (fast)

hope it works!

Done it all other than the fire one :P

Spartan    1027

Remove clothing items.

hope it works!

Done it all other than the fire one :P

ah, do you got a flare? then you can also ignite a fire, and if you need sticks, you can get them also with a knife. and there are alot of knives in the prison

Guest pinkieseb   
Guest pinkieseb
-snip-

I didnt know that :o I feel like such an idiot :( I shot my only flare toward mainland in hopes someone would come and save me

Guest pinkieseb   
Guest pinkieseb

-snip-

I didnt know that :o I feel like such an idiot :( I shot my only flare toward mainland in hopes someone would come and save me

a crap! you could try to make a radio chatter post (http://www.dayzrp.com/f-radio-chatter--206) and maybe someone will save you. good luck!

Ill just stay logged out till tomorrow morning and hopefully the prison guards make a fire :P Thanks for everything :)

Tamaster92    14

/solving due to answer being given

I don't think it was mentioned yet, but you can also warm yourself up by warming up animal guts and putting them in your jacket/pants, pretty gross but you gotta do what you gotta do :D