Server time: 2017-10-21, 08:39
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest AlphaYT

How to: Be a cannibal

Question

Guest AlphaYT   
Guest AlphaYT

So recently I had a whole situation because I apparently did bad RP.

We took a man hostage and then ate him (hints the cannibal part)

This was all mainly for a youtube video.

After learning that you are not able to perma death someones character w/o their permission I have not tried to be a cannibal since. But I do wonder how exactly you CAN be a cannibal? Do you have to type in game (cuts flesh off) like I've seen in videos?

I clearly don't understand how to be a full cannibal on RP so leave ANY feedback and remember.... I do it cause I don't like to talk for 5 hours, that's too boring.

11 answers to this question

Shark    0

RPing as a cannibal can be tough, you're right. You obviously can't kill someone simply for the fact you're a cannibal. Generally I've just had to go in after firefights and "clean up", so to say. Or I'll eat other meat and play it off as human.

First, make sure you read and understand the rules. There's an overwhelming mayority of situations where you have hostages and cannot execute them, so I'm hoping you had a real IC reason to kill (non compliance or past hostilities).

Second, if you're decided on playing a cannibal, you have to know that you'd not be able to kill random people just to provide yourself of a meal. Because, in order to get human meat, you'd have to have legitimate kill rights on a person, and because those rights will not be easily obtainable, the most you can do is execute and eat those that do not comply after initiation, those that you kill in self defense, or obtaining the meat from random human corpses you might come across.

Third, RPing cutting off "meat" from a living person cannot be done without full OOC consent (given in text) from the victim. If you do not get this consent, you're Godmodding his character, which is against the rules (under Powergaming). If you cut the meat after gaining legit kill rights on the person and using them (i.e. after killing the victim) it's completely allowed, you're not permadeathing their character.

Fourth, you have to RP. "I don't like to talk for 5 hours" is a poor excuse for both KoS/RDM and bad RP, and will sooner rather than later get you banned from the servers. Anyways, no mather how much you talk, if your victim is complying with what you ask then it's a real possibility that he will have all the rights to refuse providing human meat and you have no rights to harm him in any way.

Thus, there's no real possibility to be a "full cannibal" on our servers. Mental disorders or your own taste for meals are NOT valid reasons to kill people, and thus occasions to get human meat may not come so often as to actually keep a character subsisting only on cannibalism.

Murdercool    29

I play a cannibal and I stay away from cutting meat off living people. It just causes complications for them and can be downright stupid. I tend to just cut meat from dead humans that I have killed through a firefight or non compliance, or when I find bodies about my character scavenges off them and skins them. I do cut fingers and toes off but they're not really to eat more of a hobby for my character.

I just recommend you don't cut meat off a leg or a foot off someone because it's power gaming and ridiculously hard for the person to role-play missing a whole foot.

Mikachu    26

Has your question been sufficiently answered OP?

Sin    127

Third, RPing cutting off "meat" from a living person cannot be done without full OOC consent (given in text) from the victim. If you do not get this consent, you're Godmodding his character, which is against the rules (under Powergaming). If you cut the meat after gaining legit kill rights on the person and using them (i.e. after killing the victim) it's completely allowed, you're not permadeathing their character.

If the body, or even part of the body has been eaten, how is it possible to play off the respawn mechanic? It allows no chance for the player to say that he was only knocked out for awhile, not killed, and managed to recover from his injuries. No one recovers from having been eaten and digested.

You could get away with it if you can say you were just killing some faceless unknown member of , but as soon as the victim's name is revealed, that chance is gone. If you identify the victim and then eat him/her, that character can't very well come back.

Hypothetical question: when every third person you meet is a cannibal, is cannibalism even scary anymore? What's the attraction?

If the body, or even part of the body has been eaten, how is it possible to play off the respawn mechanic? It allows no chance for the player to say that he was only knocked out for awhile, not killed, and managed to recover from his injuries. No one recovers from having been eaten and digested.

You could get away with it if you can say you were just killing some faceless unknown member of , but as soon as the victim's name is revealed, that chance is gone. If you identify the victim and then eat him/her, that character can't very well come back.

It's true, but still cannibalism is allowed and people canibalized are not forced to kill off their characters, more so after things done to them after their death. On many situations, how could they know if they were canibalized or not?

This could be a different question that staff may be able to answer better, but my take on this is that, if you cannibalize someone, you don't go saying "I killed and ate X" around unless you have consent from the victim to their permadeath.

The victims have to have a fair chance of continuing their character should they want to, even if "it's unlikely": we already have unlikely recoveries ocurring everyday but the community accepts it because it's an allowance to promote a link to each person's character, for those that feel they want to continue theirs and an untimely death stands in their way.

PS: I don't play a cannibal, and never did.

Sin    127

Well sure, no one will know what happens to their own body after death ... unless the execution / cannibalism was public. Unless someone talked about it later. Unless someone who was there later meets up with the guy who was executed - "Oh hey, I remember you. Your liver was delicious!"

There's more than just the one player involved. Everyone who knows about or finds out about it later is involved.

Chris    63

Including cannibalism and the resulting kuru-like symptoms in the game is a tad silly IMO. I would expect mechanics like that from a game like Rust, but in DayZ it just doesn't seem to fit. Why eat people when there is abundant food? And this close to societal collapse?

I hope it's a server side option that we will have the option to remove, the sooner the better.

Brad    158

Honestly I don't see the appeal to play a cannibal. I've said it in multiple other posts there are so many other interesting character traits and conditions. If the people wondering "how to be a cannibal" would utilize the search button they'd realize it's a challenge, that many other people have struggled with before

Honestly if you don't fully understand the rules yet, try something simplier.

Also. The majority of people whp are cannibals are that because of circumstance not because they prefer it.

Vandy    34

The communith has answerred the OP's question.

/solving this after 48 hours of being left open.

Guest AlphaYT   
Guest AlphaYT

Yea sorry, Didn't realize I had this many replies.