Server time: 2017-10-18, 14:38
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Shadowst

Dayz Freezing every few seconds Help!

Question

Shadowst    0

So I am kindof new to pc gaming, I bought a decent €374.57 or $400 build, most games run smooth on standard settings, YET DAYZ Is having some very frustrating issues. ok so im playing dayz for about 15 - 30 min everything is fine then all of the sudden dayz will start to freeze up for about 2 seconds at the most and then continue normal for another 30 to 10 seconds and then it will freeze up again, and it will continue this cycle, when I first start playing dayz it only uses 60% of my ram but then it slowly increases till my pc is unstable and when I try to exit out, dayz will just freeze forever until I force shut it down, im pretty sure these two problems are linked together, Any suggestions for fixing It, throw em at me I'm pretty sure I've tried every one. Oh and if this helps here is my pc specs:

GPU: ASUS HD7790-DC2OC-1GD5 Radeon HD7790 1GB GDDR5 128-bit, DVI-I/DVI-D/ HDMI/DP PCI-Express 3.0 CrossFire ready Graphic Card OC-selected 1075MHz core

Power Supply :

Corsair Builder Series CX 430 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS

Only 4gb Of ram ;( :

Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM - Blue (HX313C9F/4)

Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

HardDrive:

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD5000AAKX

Cpu: AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition

PLZ HELP!!!! :(

10 answers to this question

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Your system is extremely underpowered for this game. You need to upgrade. At the very least the video card and double your system RAM. Shoot for a graphics card that has at least 3Gig VRAM. Processor isn't that great either, but the previous upgrades I mentioned will make the game playable.

Bruhstice    0

Dont listen to Doug Quade please.

DayZ is a very cpu intense game, and only a few of the graphic setting actually does anything with the GPU.

I would recommend you to go on to youtube or google, and just write "Best DayZ settings" And see if the setting they use will work for you.

I used these and some others when i started playing DayZ:

1st:

2nd:

I will say that Doug Quade isnt completely wrong though, he is right that your pc isnt the best for DayZ, and the lag you are experiencing, is because your pc isnt the best, while DayZ being badly optimized.

Other than that, i can only say, try and google your problem, and if it doesnt help you are screwed.

Shadowst    0

Your system is extremely underpowered for this game. You need to upgrade. At the very least the video card and double your system RAM. Shoot for a graphics card that has at least 3Gig VRAM. Processor isn't that great either, but the previous upgrades I mentioned will make the game playable.

[

Shadowst    0

[

Shadowst    0

DayZ is a very cpu intense game, and only a few of the graphic setting actually does anything with the GPU.

I would recommend you to go on to youtube or google, and just write "Best DayZ settings" And see if the setting they use will work for you.

1st:

2nd:

I will say that Doug Quade isnt completely wrong though, he is right that your pc isnt the best for DayZ, and the lag you are experiencing, is because your pc isnt the best, while DayZ being badly optimized.

Other than that, i can only say, try and google your problem, and if it doesnt help you are screwed.

Thanks man it helped out a bit for me.

Shadowst    0

FIXED :

Thanks for sending me the vid, it helped a bit with fps but the problem was my scene complexity, i set it to low in the dayz docs (below 100000) but now i set it to 215000 and I get a smooth 60 - 80 frames.

Oh and my view distance and object view distance needed to be 400 apart from eachother

Mikachu    26

DayZ (and ARMA) also does not like AMD CPUs, this causes stuttering similar to what you describe

Other than that graphics settings yeah

would you say your issue is fixed OP?

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

1st:

2nd:

Don't listen ? They are all valid points. His computer setup is very outdated. Yeah he could turn every setting to low and have Minecraft graphics and play the game, but part of the beauty of the game is the visuals. The upgrades , especially the RAM, upgrade is not that expensive of a upgrade. Graphics card is a different story, but realistically, it will be needed once the new renderer is implemented. Don't be so quick to discount other people's tips my friend :)

Bruhstice    0

Don't listen ? They are all valid points. His computer setup is very outdated. Yeah he could turn every setting to low and have Minecraft graphics and play the game, but part of the beauty of the game is the visuals. The upgrades , especially the RAM, upgrade is not that expensive of a upgrade. Graphics card is a different story, but realistically, it will be needed once the new renderer is implemented. Don't be so quick to discount other people's tips my friend :)

Just because what you say is partly right, no not even partly, but minorly correct, it doesnt help his problem at this moment.

You suggest that he buys a better graphicscard, when DayZ in its current state and most likely 6-12 months forward, uses nearly no graphics power. In that im right saying that he shouldnt listen to you, because even if he bought a new graphicscard, he wouldnt feel more than a 2-5 fps increase, if even that.

So i told him, that if he wants better fps, try and do stuff with the settings, and then go from there. If its still shit, he should upgrade he cpu and ram, and then the graphicscard, not the other way around. As it would be incredibly dumb to upgrade the graphicscard for a game that is insanely cpu heavy.

But take it as you want, i just offered him a way to fix his game, in a way that didnt cost him anything, and told him what he really should upgrade if he wanted a fps increase.

Fafnir    38

Seems like the problem has been fixed. You may post here if your problem arises again.

/Solving