Server time: 2017-10-20, 19:57
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
King Box

Fast or swarm zombies?

Question

King Box    0

Sorry if there are any notable grammar mistakes I am using my phone.

I came here to ask whether the zombies. Are simply fast running zombies or are they closer to the world war z swarm zombies? By the looks of the new update it seems as if the devs are going more for swarm but just thought I would ask.

6 answers to this question

SatansNightOut    105

Taken from today's status report highlights...

"I appreciate different opinions but I can’t see any reason why we should make infected as stationary as possible, it will just simplify the game too much in such case. It is important to understand that the infected in DayZ are not the undead, and to be honest I don’t want to see DayZ to become a frenzied ‘run and grab all you can’ simulator."

Taken from today's status report highlights...

"I appreciate different opinions but I can’t see any reason why we should make infected as stationary as possible, it will just simplify the game too much in such case. It is important to understand that the infected in DayZ are not the undead, and to be honest I don’t want to see DayZ to become a frenzied ‘run and grab all you can’ simulator."

Thank you for this answer

/Marked as Solved

King Box    0

Thanks for the responses, sorry i was asleep so i couldn't respond but..... the status report doesn't answer the question. the status report just talks about them not wanting to slow them down so that's means they will be fast but judging by the looks of how the new zombie ai will accumulate and look like a swarm, it still could be either one.

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

Zombies chase you for sometime if you don't break line of sight, you run faster than them if you sprint thou.

In the future they will also swarm.

King Box    0

Ah ok, see i am thinking of writing a story for my character but given he is in america when it gets infected and well he is (obviously) going to run into thousands of them and i want to depict them correctly.