Server time: 2017-10-21, 23:24
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
shipwreck117

Funny RP Bad RP?

I get that this is a role play community and is supposed to be taken seriously, but can funny RP be considered bad RP or does it not matter as long as character isnt broken and the rules are followed.

You know how sometimes you will see someone post a DayZ video where someone tries to rob you with a bananna 'thinking' that it is a gun, or a group of "odd" people who chase you around all the while chanting or something.

You know, Role play that isnt necessarily serious, but gives you a good laugh while following the rules, not breaking character and all those other things. Similar to what Silo, Chow, moon, and those type people do.

What do you think? And if there is a definite answer, please post it below vvvv

Sin    127

Depends on your audience. Try robbing me with a banana and I might decide you're not worth my time and end you.

We're pretty serious around here, and I've seen a lot of 'having a good laugh' scenarios go bad when an uninvited guest shows up late to the party. Do what you want with your friends when you think you're alone; but understand that there's always the risk that someone is watching you, so don't get carried away.

weedy wine    4

The other day, I was wondering around the bordering towns of GM, and saved some random dude from zombies, and he skipped away singing, his singing fading off into the distance. Didn't know what to make of it. Made me laugh. Was a bit bummed we didn't RP it out. But I liked it. Like post above, think it depends on the audience.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

I would only do this sort of RP around certain people, and only in certain scenarios as well. Otherwise it could be considered BadRP or Trolling in some peoples eyes.

Pussy    382

Just stick within the realm of realism, be aware of your audience, and make sure you still have depth with your character and you should be fine.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

If someone tried to jokingly rob me, it would probably end up like this:

1c9acf1e4b4f94f96fdc5e53737be5e4.png

Heaser    1

I think it depends how it's being performed to be honest.

For those of you who met my Tradesman character Shimon/Yosef (Who always tries to get a good deal), I believe most of the time I get people to laugh at what he says, But the laughter it seems is an OOC laughter, I believe that any character who walk actually meet that specific character in a REAL situation would find him annoying as hell, And I'm surprised he doesn't get initiated on more often.

Just my two shekkels.

Corvun    0

Well depends on the situation, The lore of this story started in 2009, We are currently in 2015. So by now people are use to seeing, dead people, cults ect.. So yes I belive that as long as you are not breaking rules, If you and a group of friends have some fun, its only good to do so. If people stayed serious all the freaking time, You see more suicides happening cause most people after a long time.. simply lose hope and can't take it anymore.

As well, How is one sopose to laugh in-game, And not be consider OOC? I find this to be extremly funny how people make some reports on others who laugh in-game but consider it OOC laughing. So if anyone here can explain using good examples. Please explain this. Laughing is Laughing.. is it not?

i think wisecracks and small jokes are alright but when your goal is simply to make people laugh all of the time you are taking things a little too far.

Pepe    1

If the RP is good then its good, humor wise is very individual so one cannot really say, we all have different types of humor, if the "funny" things you do are unrealistic, OOC or not in tune with your character then its no good you know?

Well depends on the situation, The lore of this story started in 2009, We are currently in 2015. So by now people are use to seeing, dead people, cults ect.. So yes I belive that as long as you are not breaking rules, If you and a group of friends have some fun, its only good to do so. If people stayed serious all the freaking time, You see more suicides happening cause most people after a long time.. simply lose hope and can't take it anymore.

As well, How is one sopose to laugh in-game, And not be consider OOC? I find this to be extremly funny how people make some reports on others who laugh in-game but consider it OOC laughing. So if anyone here can explain using good examples. Please explain this. Laughing is Laughing.. is it not?

No, the new lore says that it started late 2014

Davos    5

I don't see why having a comical encounter is bad, but when it involves metagaming, trolling, which is usually pretty obvious because it is something that makes the person seem out of character, or just lack luster rp than it would be taken badly.

Playing a trick on someone, that doesn't hurt them or cause them harm, I can see people getting a chuckle. Acting foolish and clownlike? Not so much. If you think that it is trolling or might just not be what people would generally enjoy rp'ing then just don't do it. Common sense should be enough to keep you out of most trouble.

I have to be honest, if I was held up by a man in a clown mask and a banana, I would laugh my arse off while playing along.

Zero    463

Don't even try humor anymore. I take nothing seriously in real life and make jokes about pretty much anything to get someone to laugh. Sometimes I acted like I would in real life and people complained. Even if it was the apocalypse I would still be myself, I've almost died once due to an extreme illness as well as suicide. Still made jokes about it even when I was laying in the hospital.

I mean, it's the damned end of the world, enjoy what's left of it, you morbid people, we're all the walking dead already. :P

A bunch of scrooges I say, the lot of ya!

Corvun    0

No, the new lore says that it started late 2014

Yeah, But you can't simply ask these people who played the MOD to forget their stories and start all over. This is still the same area used in the MOD, Same Location and it is still DayzRP. Nothing has changed. One can't not simply forget everything they did in the mod, as it is the apocilypse after all.

PandoraX3M    0

Like chasing someone with a sword yelling that he's a dragon and claiming that you're a Dovahkiin? No... Not then, not now not ever... It was just a blast from the past of someone's character that made everyone laugh almost to tears. Harmless fun <3.

On a serious note, it depends on how the people you encounter think. If they're serious people they might take your joke really badly cus their characters have no sence of humor or their characters are just really strict on what they think is funny. If you're gonna be funny do it right. Like one of my friends when he passed out after I gave him 2 things that he wanted to have for a very long time but couldn't aquire then when woke up he started running around like a silly crazy... something and singing stuff. xD

As I said... Depends on the type of people you're with. My advice: make friends that are kewl and awesome and that have a sence of humor then joke around with them. Don't do it to random strangers you meet in the game. They can be very mean and could make a report.

Play it good and play it safe and you'll be ok :)

Just make sure the jokes you do are well thought out because people, as we've seen many a times before, might think it's trolling and badRP. But as someone else said, remote location with good friends and joke all your want.

Green Mountain? No. Not now not ever. Too many people with too many different opinions.

Dustin    0

Im simple don't joke around with friends in game only in TS or else the sour apples will report you.

I guess just pick and choose the right people