Server time: 2017-08-17, 08:13

Sign in to follow this  

Why is this happening?

Question

So I recently got a new graphics card which is a Geforce gtx560 ti 1 gb memory which is an ok graphics card and has improved my fps a lot out of cities and in towns, I use to get 20-25 if I was lucky in open fields now I get 30-45 in fields and towns, but it seems like it hasn't helped in cities at all such as zelenogorsk, I still get 10-15 frames in Zelenogorsk which is the same and I just don't understand I have tried everything from using the Nvidia control panel to changing my config settings to changing my in-game settings to all low and nothing seems to help get me past 15 frames in Zeleogorsk. If anyone has any tips which could help then It would be greatly appreciated!

7 answers to this question

NinjaBacn    0

From what I have gathered, for DayZ at least, graphic cards don't help a ton. In other games yes, but in DayZ, no.

What you want to improve is your CPU, not your GPU. I've been told that a better CPU helps out in DayZ.

Brad    155

So I recently got a new graphics card which is a Geforce gtx560 ti 1 gb memory which is an ok graphics card and has improved my fps a lot out of cities and in towns, I use to get 20-25 if I was lucky in open fields now I get 30-45 in fields and towns, but it seems like it hasn't helped in cities at all such as zelenogorsk, I still get 10-15 frames in Zelenogorsk which is the same and I just don't understand I have tried everything from using the Nvidia control panel to changing my config settings to changing my in-game settings to all low and nothing seems to help get me past 15 frames in Zeleogorsk. If anyone has any tips which could help then It would be greatly appreciated!

What is your internet connection like?

What is your internet connection like?

Very good

Paton    0

Yea, DayZ is a very CPU heavy game. also i've seen people with NASA-esque PC's get terrible FPS in cities. It's just the way the game is. But improving your CPU shouldhelp out.

Brad    155

I know you posted a FPS guide, have you seen this one at all?

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-tutorial-how-to-increase-your-fps-in-dayz-standalone

Tamaster92    14

Basically as others have said, you are being bottlenecked by your CPU and DayZ's not optimized engine.

There is nothing you can really do except wait for the game to be worked on :)

/solved