Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 19:10

"Stay in character!" Reminder

• Emerald

I realized why, when spontaneous events occur, a lot of us act out of character in the panic (not complying, shooting before talking, etc.). When so much time is spent on menial tasks and we haven't been interacting with players for awhile, and just talking OOC in our Teamspeak channels, it's so hard to get back in the mindset of your character.

I suggest every 15 minutes or so, a server message saying "Stay in character!" pops up. I think it will really help.

The thing is everyone should know by now! A reminder i don't think will do any thing. I believe we need to see more events by admin and staff. Make the surrounding world more alive with things going on. After time the people will follow and actually play in character.

• MVP

As good as your back story may be, roleplaying spontaneously and unprepared is really, really hard. You've found that to be the case yourself, Employer. I am sure the C130 incident is the reason you came up with this suggestion

I have to agree with Nightstrike. More events sounds like a good idea. Doesn't have to be admin events. Clans can also make events, like TOR does with their meetings.

• MVP

I believe we need to see more events by admin and staff. Make the surrounding world more alive with things going on. After time the people will follow and actually play in character.

+10000

I'm currently writing up a few drafts for possible events, for the exact purpose you mentioned.

I believe we need to see more events by admin and staff. Make the surrounding world more alive with things going on. After time the people will follow and actually play in character.

+10000

I'm currently writing up a few drafts for possible events, for the exact purpose you mentioned.

Awesome! That's exactly what the server needs at first it may not be prefect like the c130 event... But keep at it people will actually go with it. Maybe a back story based off the server it self. Then events to support it !

My late clan leader of the company wanted to do sanctioned events like trading higher end gear. But not in the trade post. Out in the field secretly discussed location.secured by the company and any hired clan. I hope thus happens at some point!

• Emerald

+10000

Awesome! That's exactly what the server needs at first it may not be prefect like the c130 event... But keep at it people will actually go with it. Maybe a back story based off the server it self. Then events to support it !

My late clan leader of the company wanted to do sanctioned events like trading higher end gear. But not in the trade post. Out in the field secretly discussed location.secured by the company and any hired clan. I hope thus happens at some point!

Injected does this all the time. lol Just not server wide events.

But if we could keep on topic. I think it will help.

• Emerald

Isn't it in topic? ;) my bad if it wasn't... :(

Just suggesting a reminder message to solve the problem of people staying in character. You suggested server events as a rebuttle. lol Off topic in my opinion.

Inexperienced roleplayers will always OOC from time to time. Even really experienced ones slips sometimes. I dont belive a server message will help with that quite the opposit for me It would ruin my RP imersion.

When I start the client im in character until I turn it of. I don't use teamspeak while playing If i don't have an ingame explanation (ie. a radio).

And even staying in character ppl make RP misstakes and it's all to individual how sensitive we are abt it.

More events are a great idea btw. :D

I have to agree with Nightstrike. More events sounds like a good idea. Doesn't have to be admin events. Clans can also make events, like TOR does with their meetings.

It could even be as simple as encouraging lone players to try setting up RP scenarios too.

Perhaps your character wanders into town and ends up meeting up with a group of 4 or 5 other survivors scrounging for supplies, not necessarily weaponry. So, you help each other to make your way around the city without becoming zombie chow. Then you all decide to clear a safe area and spend the night together, hopefully allowing everyone to get some well-needed rest in this post apocalyptic world.

It would set the scene for great RP, character building, and story telling. Ideally, things like this would happen on their own, but setting up an "RP Scenario" and inviting people to join through the forums at a specified time, in which they would "wander" into the city, would actually guarantee it.

Sorry if my writing is a bit wonky. Trying to type through my mobile device between pauses at work.

I don't think anyone / thing can stop all the out of character shit that goes down in the trading post. I walked in and heard some guy ask another, "Hey, mind helping me duplicate this backpack?" Before being threatened by several people that they were recording. -__-

I'd like to see more Admin RP announcements in-game. Like emergency broadcasts saying things like:

"We are survivors in Cherno. Zombies are everywhere. We can't hold out, they're breaking in, we-- *static*"

Or:

"This is calling any survivors. We've found a bus, and we're making for the border. If we see you, we'll offer free passage."

Things that just give a sense that there's more going on around the land.