Server time: 2017-10-23, 21:04
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
TheFriendlySheep

Matt's guide to driving the V3s

OUTDATED-7/18/15

Hello fellow DayzRP community players. As a lot of us have probably experienced the pure agony and frustration the V3s ingame offers, I have decided to make a guide on the V3s. I will be covering the two main issues regarding the V3s, getting stuck and glitch deaths.

Getting stuck

- We have all probably encountered this issue. You are driving along, and you turn too late and are headed straight for a fence(A small 'quarter' fence). Now, the most common response would be to stop. However, I've found that if you are headed straight for a fence, the best option for you to take is to accelerate. Yes, this sounds stupid, but if you slow down, the truck will drive over the fence, and get stuck half way due to lack of speed. Thus, if you are in this situation, the best thing to do is accelerate so when you do meet the fence, you will have enough speed to simply drive over the fence.

- However, I wish I could say I had a resolution for getting stuck on rocks, but those are simply truck killers. Odds are you won't be able to turn in time to avoid a rock, and you get stuck. Rocks are alittle different than fences. With rocks, the truck is pinned on one concentrated point. With luck, you may be able to pivot the truck off the rock by simply reversing in left/right or accelerating left/right. You'd be surprised how many trucks I've found on the side of the road 'stuck' on a rock and gotten unstuck. It may take time, but it is surely better than walking.

Deaths/Glitch Deaths

- Yet another issue regarding the V3s are glitch deaths. Heres a scenario: You park on the side of the road to make a quick pit-stop. You keep the engine on and hop out. However, the truck begins to move while you are getting out and soon arrive to the infamous black 'You are Dead' screen. This is a very simple and easy fix.

- When dismounting from the V3s, you must make sure the truck is on a SMOOTH surface. Dismounting on a rock, curb, or any uneven surface may result in immediate death. Second, you must make sure the truck is at a FULL stop. Getting out while the truck is moving will also result in your death.

- If you plan on making a quick stop and leave the engine on, you must remember to do the following:

- DO NOT PRESS W. While in the dismounting animation, you can not press W. You may think by pressing W will give your guy a little head start running, but if the engine is on you will kill yourself. I've found that while dismounting with the engine on, you are still 'registered' as driving. In other words, your still driving. Pressing any of the vehicle movement keys while dismounting will move the truck. Thus, you must wait until you are completely out of the exiting animation, and out of the vehicle camera mode. It is only now, when you may begin to move.

I hope this guide was help to some of you out there. If you have any questions regarding any other issues regarding the V3s, feel free to comment and I will try my best to help.

Guest Leuku   
Guest Leuku

Thanks for the guide.

I have a feeling there would also be a need for a driving etiquette guide, if there isn't one already. ;)

MatthewFC    43

Another good tip to add should be NEVER to touch the V3S with your character. All actions you might want to perform with a V3S (open doors, open hood, close doors, close hood, mount, refuel) can be done at a distance and do not require direct player contact: you can already see the context menu to execute these actions a couple of meters or so away from the vehicle.

Touching a seemingly stopped V3S causes it to refresh its position in the world, shaking it on its suspension and slightly sliding off its current position, and too often killing whoever dared to rouse the beast. So avoiding to do so is paramount.

TheScruu    0

If u see V3S with a corpse next to it, something is wrong and u should approach it very, very carefully. You will most likely have more chances of surviving when going on foot instead of driving actually.

Ghost of Levi    8

hahaha, cheers for the guide, but I think ill just avoid them all togheter untill they fix em :P

Glenn    10

Thanks for this, i guess people needed it.

I do miss the steering with my mouse though.

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

Good Tip: If you "destroy" a V3S which has no visual or sound effect to it you better keep distance. 3 of my clanmates died due to this after we shot the living hell out of a non-complying truck driver. You can just die from simply touching it or getting too close to it.

Giraffel    95

Thanks for this, i guess people needed it.

I do miss the steering with my mouse though.

Completely agree, that should be in options menu.

Blake202    0

This helps alot I was driving once and hit a fence at the corner and i jumped. The car flew up into the air and I landed on a tree.

BabyFeet    0

thanks. I'm kinda new to the V3s. haven't played allot sense they released them.

Basoon    15

This is good, some things I will avoid doing in the future. Now if only we can stop people from doing high speed drive by's at GM and running people over.

l0ngsh0tz1    0

Nice, Helpful guide. I can never find a V3s, but usually when i do, I either suck at steering, or get killed when i exit the car.

I remember one time, i bumped into one, and it started sliding, hit me and killed me. Major rage moment.

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

I find people give up on trucks that are stuck way too easily.

There are three trucks in this picture, all of them are "incapacitated"

hVHGLFwl.jpg

After 5 mins, we rescue two of them. The third was unfortunately out of fuel

nJfWMWnl.jpg

Patience is the key :)

Super Bambi    0

Any tips on getting the V3S's which spawn floating on water outside of the prison island?

Spriteqc    0

A good tip i like to usually give is not to over press A and D while trying to turn as the wheels will take some time to turn back straight and usually crashing you on every obstacle in the surroundings haha!

BootyDoctor    0

Thanks for the tips mate :) really helpful all around, hopefully i can avoid dying like a noob again, but hey ill always be a noob i guess. also its really funny how trucks are basically submarines atm too, driving around the ocean floor is a cool feeling.

anyways thanks again for the post :D

Thanks for the tips mate :) really helpful all around, hopefully i can avoid dying like a noob again, but hey ill always be a noob i guess. also its really funny how trucks are basically submarines atm too, driving around the ocean floor is a cool feeling.

Glad I could help! Also, although submarining is fun on public, it is prohibited on DayzRP. You seem like a pretty enthusiastic lad, I wouldn't want you getting banned over a silly thing like submarining. Enjoy DayzRP bud!

BootyDoctor    0

Glad I could help! Also, although submarining is fun on public, it is prohibited on DayzRP. You seem like a pretty enthusiastic lad, I wouldn't want you getting banned over a silly thing like submarining. Enjoy DayzRP bud!

Haha thanks man :) Thanks for telling me! I didnt know that actually, but now i know not to lol. cheers xD

Jack Allen    18

Just don't drive a truck. It attracts unwanted attention. Its easy for you to die. Gets in the way. And your chances of killing someone or you goes up by far. Sure, it makes things easier to get around places. But sticking to your legs is always the best choice, atleast in my opinion. Other than that, pretty nice guide.

Guest Joe   
Guest Joe

thanks for the info. greatly appreciated!

Brad    158

- However, I wish I could say I had a resolution for getting stuck on rocks, but those are simply truck killers. Odds are you won't be able to turn in time to avoid a rock, and you get stuck. Rocks are alittle different than fences. With rocks, the truck is pinned on one concentrated point. With luck, you may be able to pivot the truck off the rock by simply reversing in left/right or accelerating left/right. You'd be surprised how many trucks I've found on the side of the road 'stuck' on a rock and gotten unstuck. It may take time, but it is surely better than walking.

I got severely stuck on a rock once and had given up to the point where I took an axe to the front tire that was stuck. Interestingly enough, I was able to drive away with the popped tire without an issue. Albeit a little slower than before.

Xaeleth    0

TL;DR

Don't floor it on the turns. Stay away from shit on the road. Fuck Fences.

Jparks351    0

Wish I had read this before. I just died getting out of a truck in a field. I don't think it was at a full stop when it happened. Now I know better.

Sign in to follow this