Server time: 2017-10-22, 10:04
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
RyanAJ

Favorite Dayz memory?

RyanAJ    0

Hey guys, after playing Dayz for so long I thought it would be interesting to hear about each others favorite memories or experiences on Dayz! Feel free to share below :D

Tweeco    0

My Favorite memory, is when i was in the Vybor military base, and got myself into a gun fight with 2 other players that attempted to rob me, they ended up pinning me into one of the barracks bathrooms, and rather than die and let them have all my gear i pulled the pin on the only grenade ive ever found, and blew myself up while charging at them. #DayZSuicideBomber

Shark    0

Setting up the Chernarus Natural History Museum and successfully running it on a public server. We had many exquisite exhibits and a delightful tour given by the museum's curator himself.

Trying to convince my friend to whitelist and pull off something similar, but more serious.

Hicktooth    0

My best memory well kinda funny memory was at the NWAF with a couple of my buddies looting around and all a sudden got shot at over by camo, one of my buds got killed right away and i took cover on other side of fence . I was looking for the shooter so i waited then saw him running around inside fenced in area. Mean while my friend was somewhere not close but sniping around where i was. I told him the guy is on other side of fence hes wearing a red backpack take him out and im the one with cowboy hat on . So my friend shoots and all a sudden it says you are dead .I asked my friend did you shoot the red backpack guy or guy with cowboy hat? Silence..... Ummm crapppp yeah lol. I just sat there and laughed hah

I was at NWAF with my friends. I hit one of my friends with a can of spaghetti and he began to bleed. My other friend came over to me and hit me and I hit him in the face with the can of spaghetti. He dropped dead. I killed my friend with a can of spaghetti. I still keep the can with me. This happened today.

Prince    119

2 many good memories

I was playing with my buddies just chilling at north east AF. Then like a pink comet I get run over by Jennifer the pink suv. I miraculously lived and Siorre bandaged me up when I was unconscious. I then whent on to get killed by Jennifer.

not my favorite memory just a funny one.

ZoCr    0

Not standalone, but I shot Siorre in the back of the head while everyone was AFK by accident. I did not have bandages...because I used them on Sam who I shot on accident earlier that day...on accident.

Mortico    1

Probally not my favorite memory i love to share this one, it was my first kill

It was maybe my 5th time getting on DayZ standalone i had never played the mod beforehand, i decide to log into a server with very few people i think it was 3 other people i think to myself "Who's gonna be in the electro firestation on a server with 3 other people?" Mind you this was very early in my time of playing the game. i log in, i'm at the top floor of the fire station just outside of town at electro ive got a magnum with 3 bullets, i wait for the lag to stop, then i sprint down the steps, and i see a guy, very little gear, more than me though, i run up the stairs doing a little panic 360 and almost missing the stairs i pull out my magnum and rush back down he yells "Please don't shoots i'm a cool dude!" I respond with "I'm not gonna shoot you just give me a second" with my gun still pointed at him i lean back and ask my brother what i should do, he gets up from his char leans over my shoulder without saying anything and jams my finger into my mouse killing the guy... my brother laughs and walks away... that's how i got my first kill

TL;DR Met a guy in elecro firestation, newbie me asks my brother what to do, my brother rammed my finger ito my mouse and killed the guy.

Not to be flowery, but every moment rping with Derek Steel and the rest of the Medic, FMDS family.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

PAU in general.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

PAU in general.

+1 but 021dd680e2a5d4bd2d4b74fabb4f173a.png

*begins looking for PAU/CRA shane richman pic*

Autumn    127

Everytime there is a hostile situation at Green Mountain (Because I just hear about them. I'm never there. O.o)

My favorite DayZ memory has to be on a public server. I ran into a fellow in Kamyshovo who seemed a bit sketchy at first but I eventually learned to trust him. He claimed that his friend had just died west of town to a sniper on the hill opposite side of the coast, and managed to appear back in Kamyshovo. Once we met up we looted a bit and decided to go take out the "sniper". We ventured into the woods and walked for a good 20 minutes deep in the hills to locate him. Then it happened.

Neither of them had guns, one just a sledge hammer and the other a baseball bat. I however had a fire extinguisher, my prized possession. They insisted we were to stop to eat some food. I asked them, "You know, we have been walking for a while and I'm starting to think there isn't a sniper on this hill." Being cautious ready quit eating and fight at any moment, "I'm starting to believe you two are plotting to kill me."

"You're right on the money my good sir", Mr. Sledgehammer replied drawing his weapon. I quickly dropped my tuna and pulled out my fire extinguisher and we began to battle. They began to scream like wild indians chasing a bison as if it were their first meal. The baseball bat guy went down in one blow to the head while the other was hardly getting a blow on me. The more I dodged the more agitated he became. The baseball bat guy was unconscious so I decided to try to get a hit on him to finish him off, but I had to do so without getting destroyed by the hammer.

I pulled out the Sporter .22 and took aim - even though I had no bullets and began to bluff Mr. Hammer. He started creating distance between us and sidestepped trying to dodge any shot I decided to take (as if it were to hit in the first place). I made sure we was a good 30 meters away before I pulled out the fire extinguisher and took his friend's life. That's when he returned. Still chanting, he started mocking me. Saying I was awful and that I should just give up because there's no way I could beat him with a fire extinguisher. Little did he know I had been training for this my entire DayZ career.

One hit... Two hits... Three hits... And many more had to be given and received before he was knocked unconscious. It was an exhilarating feeling. My arm was in pain, my gear was ruined, but my pride flourished, especially when I got to say my final words to Mr. Hammer...

"Rest in piece my sweet prince..."

Phatal    50

My favorite moment(s) is meeting all the lovely people whom Ive come to play with. Id list them but no one cares.

But to follow the order I'll list my favorite memory

First day I ever played dayz, it was during the summer and myself and this boy were playing, we spawned at electro and I was scared >.< he ran in, got us blood bags and a lee enfield, I swam to the lighthouse island, he swam to me, we shot zombies and then logged off, and then he stopped talking to me so I ran into the middle of electro, said "free stuff here if anyone wants it" and let a zombie kill me.

My favorite memory is when Xionn and I first started playing. We were in the woods near Electro and 6 people started shooting us with DMRs, and Chris got knocked out. Then once he woke up we killed all of them with Lee Enfields. Also CRA and OG Volki

Guest Leuku   
Guest Leuku

There have been so many, thanks to the wonderful people I hooked up with back in late September / early October, but my all-time favorite will need a bit of explaining.

Back in August 2014, I was pretty much done with DayZ. The usual gameplay involved me arming myself to the teeth and then going looking for a worthy and willing opponent (bandits/KOSsers, the more, the better) and either getting killed, or killing enough and ending up giving everything away to some convenient friendly freshie. I was getting bored as hell with the game.

Then, one evening, I was lurking in one of the buildings next to the Novo tower, listening for gunfire or other signs of hostility, like I had done dozens of times before. I heard people talking, and, to my genuine surprise, they weren't hostile at all. They were actually trying to get along. I expected someone to show up and just mow them down, so I just sat tight in my hiding spot, but that didn't happen. Then more people started showing up, and when the fifth person had joined and nobody had fired a single shot, I decided to introduce myself. After a long standoff with someone with an SKS (I had an AKM with a drum mag, so I don't blame anyone for being cautious), I got in. Over the next half hour or so, the group grew to a dozen people. We lit campfires in the lobby of the tower and have tons of fun just clowning around. Then someone came up with the idea of going out and getting some steaks. The obvious destination is upper Berezino, a town that was PvP central at the time. We ran to Svetlo, set up more campfires in the train station, have more fun, we entered the town itself and abduct a couple of random people (okay, we were getting a little bit bandity now). One of the people we meet there told us that hackers were running rampant in Berezino, and at that point the whole group goes into PvP mode. We run to Berezino, quickly set up in the apartment buildings nearest to the police station, and duke it out with the hackers over the next hour or so. We all died, in the end. I believe I was the last of the group still alive in the building.

I recorded and uploaded most of that event, but I won't post any links unless someone requests it.

Epilogue: During our time in Novo, I found out someone in the group was streaming, so after the event I set out to try to find and reunite with them and hopefully have some more fun of the same kind, instead of the old stale shooty BS. I didn't end up finding the right streamer until the end of the year, but long before that I discovered a whole bunch of wonderful unconventional players, including the people I now have the privilege to play with practically every day on regular servers and occasionally on DayZRP.

tl;dr The time I figured out there was more to the game than PvP.

Ghost of Levi    8

Oh there are way too many to name, but I guess my favorite one was back in the mod/epoch where i played an character that was like 60 who ran an gasstation in cherno boarded it up and had like visitors daily :P

D3ADEYE    0

When I hijacked someone's friend by driving them away in a V3S.

We then became friends.

hollowpoint    0

Mine would have to be when I first joined a dayz clan, we went out on a run to the nwaf near the ditch at the barracks there must of been 8 of us laying in wait down there, we had one guy just hovering around in the barracks as bait, eventually a group of 3 people came to the barracks and held up our bait man as we hoped.

We let them get a nice false sense of security and surrounded the building then just as they came out, the bait told them they were surrounded and to drop there weapons, and after a warning shot from a few different weapon types they kindly obliged we got away with alot of beans and bullets that day.